My MJT Jag is pretty much finished

Elessar [Sly]

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by juri View Post
Wow nice color! White pickguard I assume?
Yup! With chrome hardware. It'll look schweet (hopefully haha).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
Did you buy the body separately and then send it to them to finish? The reason I ask is the non-standard Jag routing. All of their guitars that I've seen previously had stock routing.

Sure looks nice - I really like the matching headstock! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif
I bought the body from them, I'm going to put humbuckers in that mother.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gae86 View Post
so what hardware/electronic would you put on?
Also I'd like to hear your opinion on mjt once you get it. All their guitars look nice, but I never tried one!
Kluson type tuners, silver hardware (Mustang bridge rather than Jag bridge), Jag trem, smaller radius. I'll probably get Bare knuckle Mule pups for it. I'll try and stick a vid up on youtube and post on HCFX when I get the chance.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly] View Post
I just need pickups for it. I'll probably lean towards Bare Knuckle Mule set. Because the body is Ash I don't want really bright pups. I need something with a nice clean for blues and funk, but can handle fuzz and hi gain.
Good choice. The Mules aren't high gain and the top end and mids are much more pronounced than the Stormy Mondays which I love in my Dot.

Is that Lake Placid Blue?

• Members

Yeah it's Lake Placid Blue. I initially wanted a wanted a darker blue, but I really like this colour. And I definitely think I'm going to put a set of Mules in there. Phil, what other pickups would you recommend for an Ash body? I want something that can provide nice cleans for funk and bluesy rock, but can handle lots of fuzz and hi gain.

Archived