GC used pedals

big_cat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom View Post
yeah, ive had some great deals there too. now dont ever mention this again or {censored}ing crash and delayed delay will buy up all the good deals.
Already did.

Got my Gabriel Voxer head for $850; sold new for $2,100... Now apparently discontinued.

Different times, I bought 2 basically brand new PP2+'s for $90.

Bought various pedals and other things from there at pretty ridiculous prices.

On, and btw... There's currently a Gibson SG Faded (worn brown) for $350 on there. wink.gif

• Members

I've gotten some insane deals at GC used -- as well as some rather ordinary deals.

'86 original rat in great shape? $40 whoaa!
Boss TR-2 trem - $50 meh, but I bought it anyway cause it's a great pedal.
$300 for Line6 POD things? no thanks.
$900 for a vibrochamp? blech.

how do they do their pricing btw?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by orourke

View Post

$19 Bucks for a mint Boss DS-1. Yeah, I know it was only a DS-1, but it turned out to be very useful later in a Craigslist deal.

Let me guess- the guy tried to rob you, but you hit him in the face with the DS-1 and ran away?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom View Post
seriously, stop talking about this!
Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude View Post
Shhh . . .

icon_lol.gif
Quote Originally Posted by houseofglass21 View Post
Delete this thread!
Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo Negro View Post
+1
Quote Originally Posted by onyxrhino View Post
I agree that this thread should probably be deleted.
Quote Originally Posted by Jet Bycraft View Post
This...
Quote Originally Posted by guitapick View Post
It's an interesting thread, but I agree: delete it.
Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post
Why does this thread exist.
Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude View Post
This^.
Quote Originally Posted by hilikus8 View Post
delete the thread
1356221618086.gif

• Members

I don't understand how the idea of buying used pedals at the biggest music store in the world is a "secret"

Hey guys, I don't know if you know but Sears puts all of it's clearance stuff on a rack in the back of the store. don't tell anyone though, Sears is on the down low so keep the secret so we get all the dealz.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reaganomics! View Post
I don't understand how the idea of buying used pedals at the biggest music store in the world is a "secret"

Hey guys, I don't know if you know but Sears puts all of it's clearance stuff on a rack in the back of the store. don't tell anyone though, Sears is on the down low so keep the secret so we get all the dealz.
WHAT??!? SERIOUSLY?? OMG! RUSH TO SEARS TOMORROW!!

• Members

Sometimes the deals for used stuff at GC are too good to be true. I saw a Fender Musicmaster amp for $69.99 on their site last week and ordered it. A day later, I got an email from GC saying my order had been cancelled due to an "incorrect product description".
Most likely, someone wised up that they were selling an amp that normally sells for over 300 dollars on fleabay for less than 25% of that price!
By the way, those are criminally under rated amps. I have two- one with the Bitmo tweed mod. They were originally sold as bass amps, but make fantastic guitar amps, especially if you change the stock speaker and make a few mods. And it's all point to point wiring!
Whoops- letting another secret out.
Phil- cancel this thread!!!! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gifPhil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reaganomics! View Post
I'm pretty sure the people trading into GC don't. I've only had one dud so far, but that was kind of a fluke because it was working fine until the return period was over.

I think their amps are the best deals. I swear n00bs trade them to GC cheap thinking their amp is broken when they just need tubes.
Yea, their amps are the best deals, especially when they've been sitting there for a while and the price auto drops by a very large percentage. You used to be able to send in cheap Boss pedals as a trade and get an extra 15% off too. icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Inertiatic_SKS View Post
The GC I used to work at (North Dallas) used to take in lots of boutique stuff IE Landgraff, old Mad Professor, and dozens of smaller boutique builders, and we almost always had them priced below what they were going for on Ebay and they moved within a week. We had a Landgraff MO'D at $250 that was sold less than a day after we bought it in.

TL;DR
If there's one thing GC won't screw you on, it's used pedals.
North Dallas GC is fantastic for getting great gear at stupid prices. Love that store.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx View Post
Yea, their amps are the best deals, especially when they've been sitting there for a while and the price auto drops by a very large percentage. You used to be able to send in cheap Boss pedals as a trade and get an extra 15% off too. icon_lol.gif

North Dallas GC is fantastic for getting great gear at stupid prices. Love that store.
My local GC is ridiculous. They have had this 77 Vibro-champ and a Princeton Chorus for years now, priced at 600 and 500 respectively. Nearly every time I stop in I offer 500 for both of them which is fair IMO but they won't budge at all. They also have a habit of refusing to honor coupons until I just get them to price match the GC website. {censored} em, enjoy bankruptcy asshats.

• Members

GC is so inconsistent with their pricing. I scored $700 or so dollars worth of drum cases for a little over a hundred. I got my Strat for stupid cheap- so cheap that I spent over an hour trying to figure out why it was priced so low. Never could. Other than that, I've seen many deals at market value, and a TON that were way high.

Archived