GC used pedals

big_cat

• Members

I agree that this thread should probably be deleted.

That said, it was way better getting deals about a year ago, when even fewer people knew about it. Of course, back then, you had to call the store, you couldn't just order online. That may be a better method anyway. I think the last 5 things I've bought on GC online, my orders got canceled, because "Sorry, we already sold this item and didn't realize it".

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by hilikus8 View Post
$84+tax PS-3
Got one of those early this year for $100. This summer I managed to get a DM-3 for $120. Don't know how much those go for but I thought it was a deal. idn_smilie.gif

Today I bought a brand spanking new EQD Speaker Cranker for $80 at my local GC. Not much of a deal but I was amazed I saw one there. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Naterel

View Post

Youve always got Pewts Magical Shop Of Overpriced Guitar Goods

The state of guitar retailers in Canada is very sad. Their websites are even worse. To top it all off the (way overpriced by 20%) locally owned store in my town got bought out by (not L&M or Axe) St. John's {censored}ing Music. The prices actually went up? They are known for their band instruments and I won't even buy my daughters saxaphone reeds there. I don't think I have purchased anything locally for over 3 years.

• Members

The GC I used to work at (North Dallas) used to take in lots of boutique stuff IE Landgraff, old Mad Professor, and dozens of smaller boutique builders, and we almost always had them priced below what they were going for on Ebay and they moved within a week. We had a Landgraff MO'D at $250 that was sold less than a day after we bought it in.

TL;DR
If there's one thing GC won't screw you on, it's used pedals.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitapick View Post
It's an interesting thread, but I agree: delete it.

I don't know about the other poster's motives...but mine are purely selfish.

('57 Custom Shop Strat: $50.00) facepalm.gif
you're kidding me... but.. how??

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ||||| View Post
you're kidding me... but.. how??
I am kidding you...

"Strymon Timeline: $100" was my inspiration.

Seriously, though: lotta people visit this joint. It's like telling everybody how great your girlfriend is in bed. You're just asking for trouble.

Archived