Albums That Bring You Back To A Place In Your Past

Aristotle

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

Reminds me of my freshman year of college walking around campus in the snow with this playing on my ipod.

It's snowing today and I've got this album playing and it fits just right.

Feeling sentimental and nostalgic are you? cop.gif

I live in a perpetual state of nostalgia and sentimentality, so I relate. For that reason, absolutely everything I listen to takes me back in time. It's hilarious, because my wife and I will hear a song we liked from just last year and it will make us all sappy redface.gif

I create playslists in iTunes by year of release. When I'm in the mood to revisit a time in my life, I just go to that playlist and hit shuffle. My playlists are very comprehensive.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

Feeling sentimental and nostalgic are you? cop.gif

I live in a perpetual state of nostalgia and sentimentality, so I relate. For that reason, absolutely everything I listen to takes me back in time. It's hilarious, because my wife and I will hear a song we liked from just last year and it will make us all sappy redface.gif

I create playslists in iTunes by year of release. When I'm in the mood to revisit a time in my life, I just go to that playlist and hit shuffle. My playlists are very comprehensive.

Likewise. Also, I try to buy a new album or two when I go on a road trip so in the future when I hear that album it takes me back.

• Members

Hearing 2 Live Crew's "tha {censored} Shop" or whatever takes me back to 6th grade in this girl's basement for a makeout party. Also takes me back to my senior year, watching a buddy who just turned 18 get the {censored} slapped out of him by this stripper's titties at Deja Vu.

• Members

Weezer's blue album brings me back to being 13 again, playing bantam hockey, learning guitar in that weird metal dying/alt-grunge rising phase of the early 90's, and really awesome shooter games like doom and wolfenstein.

album-cereal-killer-soundtrack.jpg

Oh and that was the first album I ever bought on CD.

• Members

Not very old, but this really brings me back to my Freshman year of College. I was still living with my parents and it was really the last "care free" time I had in my life. I was only working 3 days a week, playing in a band, just having fun. Then I would come home and throw this on my turntable. Yum.

600px-Highviolet.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk

View Post

Sufjan Stevens' Illinois album is the last one I intentionally did this with. Haven't been on proper road trip in a while.

Feelings.... Hurt.

So many albums have this effect on me. I have defined moments in my past and all of them tied to music in some way. The strongest being punk rock. Anything from The Vandals, DK, Misfits, SubHumans, D.I., Dead Milkmen, Minor Threat, Minutemen, etc. absolutely kills me. I used to have panic attacks from it where i couldn't breath.

It's not limited to music though. It's everything from Movies, TV, people, places, video games, and smells. Sometimes smells are the worst. It's almost like you're there for a moment. They can make you forget.

Archived