Your always on pedal...

iodine74

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is this "base" tone? Is that for bands whose songs all sound the same?

Just poke.gifing. If I had a base tone, then running my Thinline Esquire Bullet direct into my 6G16 Vibroverb is a glorious sound. Adding an EHX Blackfinger in between is equally glorious. But I don't write songs to fit my rig, or to fit my guitar playing. I change my gear and playing to whatever works best for the song.

• Members

Just poke.gifing. If I had a base tone, then running my Thinline Esquire Bullet direct into my 6G16 Vibroverb is a glorious sound. Adding an EHX Blackfinger in between is equally glorious. But I don't write songs to fit my rig, or to fit my guitar playing. I change my gear and playing to whatever works best for the song.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

describe the black finger to me. i have been seriously considering a boss cs3 since nels uses one and he gets a great sound from it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

describe the black finger to me. i have been seriously considering a boss cs3 since nels uses one and he gets a great sound from it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

I used to use a stock CS-3 and I never really liked the tone or response of it.

When I first plugged in the BlackFinger and dialed in the setting I wanted... I felt an instant connection to the tone and response. It's an optical compressor with tube gain... it doesn't do that artificial and glitchy breathing thing that so many compressor pedals do. IMO it feels more like natural amp compression but without the tinnitus inducing volumes needed to get that from a tube amp over 15 watts.

It's also great for regulating the signal to your amp so you can control the consistency and timbre of the amps natural breakup.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

I used to use a stock CS-3 and I never really liked the tone or response of it.

When I first plugged in the BlackFinger and dialed in the setting I wanted... I felt an instant connection to the tone and response. It's an optical compressor with tube gain... it doesn't do that artificial and glitchy breathing thing that so many compressor pedals do. IMO it feels more like natural amp compression but without the tinnitus inducing volumes needed to get that from a tube amp over 15 watts.

It's also great for regulating the signal to your amp so you can control the consistency and timbre of the amps natural breakup.

Archived