Your always on pedal...

iodine74

• Members

Nothing. Despite what a lot of people think of my music, I don't use effects much at all. My current pedalboard is a Visual Sound H20, a Boss SD-1 (I put that on yesterday), and a MXR Dyna Comp. The only reason I have the SD-1 on is that is provides a counterweight between the drastically different H20 and MXR, but I did use it for some overdrive yesterday.

I used to have my MXR Dist + on most of the time, but took it off the board two or three months ago. It was a little too harsh when I turned the bass on my amp settings down. I just ordered a T-Rex Tonebug Fuzz that will take its place.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing. If my amp doesn't do a good base tone on its own, I need to get a new amp.

That said, when I'm here at home jamming with my Blonde into computer speakers, I leave my Verbzilla on 99% of the time to create some space. Otherwise, the sound is just too immediate.

• Members

Nothing. If my amp doesn't do a good base tone on its own, I need to get a new amp.

That said, when I'm here at home jamming with my Blonde into computer speakers, I leave my Verbzilla on 99% of the time to create some space. Otherwise, the sound is just too immediate.

• Members

I always have a fairfield effects barbershop overdrive on. Provides a little bite and compression. Adds some extra attack and meshes well with the overall sound of my other band members. It's hardly dirty but sounds like a nice early amp breakup. I use it with my deluxe reverb. Stack it with fuzz or a second barbershop for my dirty sound.

• Members

I always have a fairfield effects barbershop overdrive on. Provides a little bite and compression. Adds some extra attack and meshes well with the overall sound of my other band members. It's hardly dirty but sounds like a nice early amp breakup. I use it with my deluxe reverb. Stack it with fuzz or a second barbershop for my dirty sound.

Archived