Your always on pedal...

iodine74

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

depends on the gear/amp... my current amp is just a tube preamp with speakersim for recording... its slightly compressed and scooped. Not easy to set it super clean with the right volume. in my case the gain is pretty low and the volume knob on my guitar always fully open! i just use the boost to compensate for different PU selections.

but i use the same concept on on "real amps".

• Members

depends on the gear/amp... my current amp is just a tube preamp with speakersim for recording... its slightly compressed and scooped. Not easy to set it super clean with the right volume. in my case the gain is pretty low and the volume knob on my guitar always fully open! i just use the boost to compensate for different PU selections.

but i use the same concept on on "real amps".

• Members

Depends on what I am doing and what amp I'm using. What I like to do with the Maz 38 and tele is set the EP Booster slightly above unity. I like what it does to my signal and if I need to drop slightly out for a down chorus or something I just turn it off.

• Members

Depends on what I am doing and what amp I'm using. What I like to do with the Maz 38 and tele is set the EP Booster slightly above unity. I like what it does to my signal and if I need to drop slightly out for a down chorus or something I just turn it off.

• Members

Nothing. Despite what a lot of people think of my music, I don't use effects much at all. My current pedalboard is a Visual Sound H20, a Boss SD-1 (I put that on yesterday), and a MXR Dyna Comp. The only reason I have the SD-1 on is that is provides a counterweight between the drastically different H20 and MXR, but I did use it for some overdrive yesterday.

I used to have my MXR Dist + on most of the time, but took it off the board two or three months ago. It was a little too harsh when I turned the bass on my amp settings down. I just ordered a T-Rex Tonebug Fuzz that will take its place.

Archived