OT - Fender Excelsior Amp in Da House!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool, I haven't seen it out here yet and I've been waiting for it since the NAMM launch.

I know they are due in oz as well, they prob will be a bit pricier than in the states but they should be still within a reasonable price bracket. I think they are due at the end of this month but don't hold me onto it.

• Members

Bump for info on the cleans.

If its true the accordian input has a dB pad, then that could be used to get clean tones?

Yes there is plenty of clean headroom! On all 3 inputs! Sorry I didn't come back sooner but yes... I was having a blast with this amp. :p

You can dial up to 3/4th's of the volume even on the guitar input and get very sweet sparkly cleans and I attribute that to the 15 inch speaker. All I could think of last night was that if the speaker sounds this good new - I can only imagine it will be simply wonderful with getting broken in. I was suspicious about the quality of the speaker at the price of this amp but that suspicion has been amply laid to rest.

The tubes are Electron brand Made in China and the amp of course is also Made in China. The main disconcerting thing about the amp is that it only carries a 1 year warranty. Time will tell if this becomes an issue. It appears to be very well built. Weighs 33 lbs and is 21 inches tall and 19.5 wide. Great size and good carrying feel to it all the way around.

The tech manual that came with it states the following info for the 3 inputs:

guitar = 1M ?

mic = 200k ?

accordion = 50k ?

Lastly - the amp takes pedals extremely well. :love:

• Members

This, or something like it. It's kind of a variation on "High" and "Low" inputs, or "Normal" and "Bright". How big a difference is there, Rev? Is there enough tone variation / volume similarity to make for a sorta-kinda two channel amp with an AB/Y?

Yes there is a noticeable difference. You can consider the tonality different enough to consider it an A/B quasi two channel kind of setup but no Y as there's no way to run both Bright/Dark simultaneously. :cool:

• Members

The tubes are Electron brand Made in China and the amp of course is also Made in China.

Do you see a bias pot hole in the chassis? I'll probably want to put a set of Tung Sol reissue tubes in mine eventually. They sound great in my Vibro Champ.

• Members

Do you see a bias pot hole in the chassis? I'll probably want to put a set of Tung Sol reissue tubes in mine eventually. They sound great in my Vibro Champ.

No I do not. :idk:

One more thing - if a person wanted to - you can disconnect the 15 inch speaker and run this amp with an external 8? speaker cab although that kind of defeats the purpose of buying this amp for one of it's best features IMHO.

Have a great weekend! :cool:

Archived