Game of Thrones

Ryan.

• Members

I'm kind of glad they moved forward the ages for most characters in the show. In the book Joffrey is 13 when he takes the throne. Robb and Jon are 15. Ned is around 32-35. Dany is 14 when she become pregnant.

The show would be terrible with a bunch of children that young in the main roles haha

I read yesterday that the ages were moved forward at George RR Martin's request. Not to mention they couldn't show Drogo plowing Dany from behind if they left the original ages.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a pretty big dork so I like swords and sorcery type stuff... Not that it would dissuade me from watching it if there wasn't (definitely going to start watching asap), but is there any strange beasts, magic, etc?

• Members

I'm a pretty big dork so I like swords and sorcery type stuff... Not that it would dissuade me from watching it if there wasn't (definitely going to start watching asap), but is there any strange beasts, magic, etc?

the most recent episode just touched on magic... and they talk about dragons of the past "the last dragon died..." and so on. also, undead humans.

• Members

the most recent episode just touched on magic... and they talk about dragons of the past "the last dragon died..." and so on. also, undead humans.

Nice! I've read a few books like that... Long past the time of magic and dragons but those times are still talked about and sort of lurking in the shadows.

Awesome... excited to have a new fantasy series to watch

• Members

The hard part about watching it is getting past the "weird for the sake of weird" stuff in the beginning. Almost need an edited Titanic version to just get to the story, which is so hard to follow because of all the added but unneeded crap that they have to insert to make it different than any other king-castle-knight-in-armor type of story.

• Members

The hard part about watching it is getting past the "weird for the sake of weird" stuff in the beginning. Almost need an edited Titanic version to just get to the story, which is so hard to follow because of all the added but unneeded crap that they have to insert to make it different than any other king-castle-knight-in-armor type of story.

AFAIK, everything that has been shown is the story and has been quite faithful to the source material. I can't recall any filler. If anything, they've dumbed down a lot of it due to constraints. You have to remember that it's a series of books with a ton of threads. Everything builds and builds and nearly everyone involved is a main character, so what seems minor now could take precedent in the next season.

Archived