Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote Originally Posted by RockStringBendr

View Post

time to reboot the server

started 9-7-11 if that helps, nothing has been proper since then

nice to see someone notice this, only been 474,623 posts and 18 FN calender days

For what it's worth, I reported it some time back, and have been making fairly regular bug / problem reports (including links to this thread) about it ever since. Believe me, first thing tomorrow, there will be some more discussion about it - Craig Anderton noticed something else this weekend that is a bit funky, so he's going to want to get some answers too.

As soon as I know anything, I'll let you guys know. wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by papersun

View Post

I've got an issue . . . posts are showing as unread all the time. idn_smilie.gif

that's always happened for me. every now and then all of my read posts suddenly appear unread, and when i hit the 'go to newest unread post' button it takes me to a post a few pages back from where i'd got to. i've just learned to live with it idn_smilie.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TUBODORE

View Post

For those who are too lazy to click, here's what it says:

Quote Originally Posted by TUBODORE

View Post

I can see 5242 pages that go back to 2005! (My Profile>Settings>My Account>General Settings>Thread Display Options>Default Thread Age Cut Off : "show all threads".

Changing your settings as he directed should clear up any issues with not being able to see "old" threads. That doesn't fix the other issues (Sept. 7th search cutoff, etc.) but it should fix that one for you guys.

If you try it and it doesn't work, please let me know. And thanks to TUBODORE for posting that. Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Please note the scheduled maintenance announcement that Craig Anderton just put up - we'll be offline this Friday (9/30/11) at about 6 AM PDT while they fix some stuff. wave.gif

but what will I do then ?

OH WAIT SLEEP harhar

Phil question, How does HC feel about the huge contrast between the home page of HC, and the forums? You know like that brown look vs the blue and white. It feels like two different sites that happen to link to eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewtershmit

View Post

Phil question, How does HC feel about the huge contrast between the home page of HC, and the forums? You know like that brown look vs the blue and white. It feels like two different sites that happen to link to each other.

I can tell you how *I* feel about it, but it wouldn't necessarily be the "official" position on the matter. smile.gif I kind of like the brown and gold color scheme we have going on the main site. I'm not always crazy about the functionality of the main site - while it's largely unapparent to readers, from a content creator's standpoint, it's rather challenging at times to do layouts and things of that nature. I believe that one of our long-term goals is to more closely integrate the two parts of the site - the main section and the forums - in terms of look and feel. We did plan on offering "skins" for you to be able to pick from on the forums, and IIRC, one of them was going to be a color scheme similar to the one on the front page, along with this one (to satisfy those who don't want anything changed) and maybe one other. It's been a while since we discussed that, so don't hold me to any specifics. A lot of stuff got put on the back burner for the rest of this year while GC and MF merge their headquarters. The IT folks have been pretty busy with that and other things, so unless we have urgent maintenance needs (such as the stuff we're going through right now), we haven't wanted to bother them any more than necessary. After we get past the first of the year, things should hopefully settle down a bit and we can maybe start to think about those sorts of things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

The search option, and see all posts, see all started threads aren't working.

I know... there's a meeting in less than an hour from now regarding some of the remaining issues, and as soon as I have any more info that I can pass along, I will do so. wave.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by ambient

View Post

Is it just me, or are the forums REALLY slow today?

Yep they are loading really slooooowwwwwwwww. And why izzit that I see no banner ads while on my Mac but I get 2 banner ads at the top whilst on my iPhone?

Archived