The Official Boss RE-20 Space Echo Lounge

echodeluxe

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnrambo

View Post

is anyone using an expression pedal with theirs? if so what kind and how do you like it? also, does anyone know if the moog ep-2 would work alright?

I'm using a Yamaha FC-7 (I think) with mine. It's alright though the sweep of the actual pedal is a pain. Toe down is not flat like an EB or a crybaby. It slopes down and can be a pain. It does work well with the pedal though. I use it to control the number of repeats. Certain parts of songs can get too muddy with a bunch of repeats and it's real easy to pull them back real quick. I love it.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

is anyone using an expression pedal with theirs? if so what kind and how do you like it? also, does anyone know if the moog ep-2 would work alright?

I tried using an Alesis expression pedal with my Space Echo in the house. It was fun and it worked OK but I quickly discovered that I wouldn't find it all that useful playing live. I found it very awkward, and think its a lot quicker to change settings by hand. Having said that it could be that the Alesis wasn't doing the job properly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

i have an interesting situation.

i like the RE-20 reverb better than the reverb on my ac30....

idn_smilie.gif

thumb.gif

I like the RE-20's 'verb a lot. It gets a lot of bad mouthing, but it's really kinda cool and unique sounding. I wish it had a few more controls, but I really like how it sounds.

• Members

View Post

I use mine constantly! I have it set to control the amount of repeats, so I can fad in and out of oscillation.

I use a Foxrox expression pedal, because I can set the minimum number of repeats with the knob on the pedal, and the maximum number of repeats on the RE-20.

In the past I've used a Yamaha FC7 and a Devi Ever PEEP, and they both worked fine, so the Moog should work without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

yeah, thats how i feel too. i want to be able to use it independent of the delay, but its my main delay.

buy another one???

idn_smilie.gif

I have the same problem. cry.gif

• Members

yeah, useless for anything. i plugged it into my amp today and was gonna start playing but all i got was this weird computer sound. so i was like "great i fried my re20" but then i realized i had plugged the output cable into the expression pedal jack.

haha.

• Members

YES. awesome pedal board. we have similar taste, it seems.

im thinking of swapping for a dt-10 as well. nothing wrong with the tu2, i just really liked the dt-10 when i had one.

i was thinking about getting a holy grail, but i dont need a reverb pedal really. it kinda annoys me to have my reverb on my board. i loved the RV5 but i dont NEED it, and its just not a necessity.

ugh, i miss the echo park.

Archived