SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Upcoming Changes to Harmony Central

jw10

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and that, ladies and gentleman, is the death of not only Harmony Central forums, but the entire site.

its been real. i hope Phil moves to a forum that isnt constantly shooting itself in the foot in pitch darkness and yelling "WHO KEEPS SHOOTING MY FEET?"

• Members

OR

Someone Realized its better for Music in General to have Zmusicians actually making music than playing grab ass on internet forums,???

HC did its Job of introducing neanerthal musicians to the internet, ebay forums etc...now everyone else can run the forums and take responsibility. HC did a great job of getting the ball rolling and we are all indebted to hc i think.

• Members

hangwire wrote:

Phil, you are part of it unless you are against it.... So say you are against it or take your boomerang

Someone can be against something, express that very vocally to those who outrank him, yet be overruled. And some people have enough of a sense of decorum to try to work for change where it's most effective - from the inside - rather than make petulant public displays that serve no real purpose in accomplishing an actual goal.

The goal is to restore HC to what its former glory. That won't happen if there's no HC.

• Members

As my last post for the foreseeable future, I'd like to say it's been great. I'll miss wasting 12 hours a day posting about grilled cheese sandwiches and making good friends.

As a show of defiance, I suggest we all just stop posting. The HC 3.0 exodus was immature and childish, imo but this is something worth standing up for.

Praise and worship music is for ****, I hope Obama and the rest of the US government die in a fiery inferno.

**** a cow, Harmony-central. You really {censored}ed up, BIG TYME. I wish I wasn't on this god forsaken hotel computer otherwise I'd have a whole photo gallery posted of me {censored}ting all over harmony-central logos printed from a printer. I'd include graphic NC-17 style images of me wiping my ass with harmony-central's terms of use, also. Maybe a few gore pictures of someone **** a corpse.

That'd be pretty {censored}in' badass.

• Members

I don't curse much here so that won't be a problem for me, but taking away the cute girls thread is!

The tone of the announcement made me feel like a second-class citizen. "Yeah, you can go, we want new and better users".

Like it or not, all the off-topic stuff and at times foul language was what made this place feel special when compared to TGP for example.

• Members

I'd just like to ad that i LOVE GC, some if the stuff i post is NOT my own opinion. I'd love to werk for GC or MF etc. thru all the drama its best when we realize we really are all ONE.

• Members

No one cares, but...

I come here to find out about pedals, see effect inventions, say hello to a couple people, and show off a bit every once in a while. I don't mind the drama: your stupid comments entertain me.

I don't need to swear about pedals. Occasionally I need to swear about the state of music, but I can do without.

I can find pictures of boobies somewhere else, so that PG13 stuff doesn't bother me. But censorship is severely ****. And they're musicians, so boobies and the occasional swear-encrusted rant should be mandatory to player experience, like part of the job application. Let it go, HC.

But the word retarded? c'mon... I'm from the northeast, where everything is wicked retahded. I've seen racism slip though like nothing here, homophobia, and the like, yet you take a stand on the word retarded? Having worked with special needs upwards of fifteen years, and with a family member definitely on the spectrum, I can safely say retarded is an adjective that has passed from it's original meaning up north here. Much like many words... like friggin or dude. Just sayin', it's wicket retahded for hyper focusing on this word.

That is all. 

Crickets may resume their song.

• Members

Lol... I ditched this forum almost completely on the most recent software switch (what... HC 3.0? 4.0?)...

Biggest reason?

Not iPad or iPhone friendly...

What the fruck kinda designer or mod allows a new software update to ANY forum without making absolutely certain it's fully compatible with today's most popular technology. Absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable. Just a pathetic attempt to bring new life to a dying forum.

I could rant about that for hours, but I won't... Just stupid and senseless to not make any forum update completely in tune with technology that a growing and large part of the cyber population uses.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Archived