Dear DigiTech Rep, My Wish List

• Members

The problem here, if I am understanding you correctly, is in the way the switching on these units behaves. For example, on some multieffects units, if you hit two specific footswitch buttons simultaneously, you'll call up the tuner, or enter some other "mode."

It would seem that what you'd like is a more "stomp-box" oriented approach, with each "effect" having its own set of knobs, and with one footswitch button per each virtual "pedal" on the multieffect. However, such switching is relatively inefficient on a multieffect, and companies typically have to incorporate some of those multi-button switch combos to enter tuner mode, kick the looper on or off, get to setup modes, etc. If they didn't, the multieffect would need a lot more switches on it.

I do see your point though. There's the whole 1 button = 1 scene vs 1 button = 1 stompbox thing. Depending on the company and unit, both are often supported. If it's in "stompbox mode", those double footswitch combos do become more of an issue. You want to kick the chorus off and the dirt on at the same time, and typically, you can do that with one stomp if the switches are next to each other... but if they're pre-programmed to kick on the tuner, that's obviously an issue. Maybe they could offer that as a menu option. IOW, so you could have the option of disabling some or all of the double-footswitch combos when the multieffect was in a more stompbox oriented operating mode.
:idk:

Yes! Exactly! I think the Line6 HD500 allows you to do this. I just wish more effects units allowed you to do it as well.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about this?

1) Make a Hardwire Space Station.

2) Make a Hardwire EQ pedal.

3) Make a Hardwire Auto-wah.

4) Make a Hardwire Fuzz.

5) Add the Univibe from the tremelo pedal to the Hardwire Phaser. (a univibe IS a phaser!)

6) Put all of the Hardwire Pedals in a multi-effects box...in a layout similiar to the Zoom G3/G5.

P.S.

I own the Hardwire tuner, delay, and reverb. All 3 are great!

The reverse reverb in the reverb pedal is so good, I like it better than the reverse in my Eventide Space!

I also own a Boss EQ, because Hardwire doesn't make one. (yet!)

• Members

My Wish List:

1) A new synthy style unit, maybe the size of a Whammy or even the RP255. Include some Space Station tones like in the EX-7 pedal, some of the great filters of the synth-wah, but let's see what you guys can do with some polyphonic wave synthesis. Something to give the new EHX stuff a run for the money. If anyone can do it, my money is on you guys. A niche market for sure, but put it in the hands of a few pros and I'm sure you'll sell a bunch.

2) New flagship floor processor. Include the ability to reorder effects and use multiple instances of the iPB. IR loading (but higher quality), parallel effects mix, and spillover of the GSP. The warp features of the GNX. Include all your guys effects with all parameters (Synth Wah, Space Station, Timebender, Whammy Chords mode, etc). MIDI as well. Continue to develop over time releasing packs of unique new effects. For example boutique overdrive pack, vintage IR pack, etc.

• Members

You guys are killing me with the Space Station talk. I've already explained our feelings about the Space Station in the earlier DOD thread.

does anyone have a link to this?

It seems like such a no brainer to reissue this pedal.

• Members

You guys are killing me with the Space Station talk. I've already explained our feelings about the Space Station in the earlier DOD thread.

Still, you'd sell a ton.

Also, why not re issue the Buzzbox, the Meatbox, and the Gonculator? You could charge double when they went for, and they would still be cheaper than they run on Ebay. Vibrothang as well.

• Members

OK...ME-70 then.
:idk:

As far as I can tell there is no real desire to jump up to the ME70. You pay more for a 4th effect, which is compression, and the ability to use not that great model amps. The distortion, modulation, delay, and expression pedal are all the same thing. No difference.

I'm also not a fan of amp modeling in my effects unit. It's an added feature that you hve to account for and it's annoying. If I want a modeler I'll buy one, but leave it out of my effects unit.

I get what your saying though. The Boss ME50 does suit my needs at the moment and it's a great unit. I should probably stop trying to fix what is not broken.

• Members

As far as I can tell there is no real desire to jump up to the ME70. You pay more for a 4th effect, which is compression, and the ability to use not that great model amps. The distortion, modulation, delay, and expression pedal are all the same thing. No difference.

I'm also not a fan of amp modeling in my effects unit. It's an added feature that you hve to account for and it's annoying. If I want a modeler I'll buy one, but leave it out of my effects unit.

I get what your saying though. The Boss ME50 does suit my needs at the moment and it's a great unit. I should probably stop trying to fix what is not broken.

You get a pretty comprehensive EQ as an option if you don't want to use the modeling. :idk:

• Members

Still, you'd sell a ton.

Our market data says completely the opposite. My inclination is to say it will never get reissued, but stranger things have happened here.

Also, why not re issue the Buzzbox, the Meatbox, and the Gonculator? You could charge double when they went for, and they would still be cheaper than they run on Ebay. Vibrothang as well.

We have reissued the Gonkulator, it is the new ePedal for the iStomp this month. You still have a couple of days before it jumps in price from 99 cents to $10. The Buzzbox, and Vibrothang are on the ePedal list as well, probably not the Meatbox though, that one was a lot like the Space Station for us.

• Members

Our market data says completely the opposite. My inclination is to say it will never get reissued, but stranger things have happened here.

We have reissued the Gonkulator, it is the new ePedal for the iStomp this month. You still have a couple of days before it jumps in price from 99 cents to $10. The Buzzbox, and Vibrothang are on the ePedal list as well, probably not the Meatbox though, that one was a lot like the Space Station for us.

Well, that just might be the final selling point to try the new iStomp, thanks for the info

• Members

The new DOD 250 ePedal was also released this month and it kills!

I'm going to get on my soapbox here for a second:

For those still unclear on the iStomp concept, here is a list of the rare pedals, and pedals that never existed, that are available right now in the iStomp:

dbx woodside compressor

Fuzzy si/germ hybrid fuzz

4 knob spring tank

DOD 250

Rotator

Lexicon Large Hall Reverb

Gonkulator

If you had snagged each of these ePedals when they were released, you would have spent a whopping $7 to get them all.

• Members

So, we've got ya covered!
;)

Exactly!

I, for one, like the built-in expression pedal on my rp255. It's my third RP*. I started with an RP-1 bought new back in the day.

• Members

I don't know, M9 is the best layout so far for a multi in my opinion.

If digitexg made sonething with that in mind (multi stomp box layout) with the space station abd all xp_00 effects in it plus the 90s oddball ones with some better tone or clean blend controls, I think you would make hand over fist money

Having a m9 concept pedal where I could have my pds20/20 lo res delay with square wave modulation, PunkidierWhat with 3 band eq, DOD 250, whammy & space station effects all mixable via seperate solid stomp switches would make me sell my m9 for one.

• Members

I don't know, M9 is the best layout so far for a multi in my opinion.

The iStomp isn't multi-effects.

We don't like being stuck with a dirt box in the wrong part of the signal path, or being forced to use a mod post-distortion that would work better pre-distortion. We dig the idea of just buying the fx you like instead of having a bunch of fx you don't like or don't use.

• Members

The new DOD 250 ePedal was also released this month and it kills!

I'm going to get on my soapbox here for a second:

For those still unclear on the iStomp concept, here is a list of the rare pedals, and pedals that never existed, that are available right now in the iStomp:

dbx woodside compressor

Fuzzy si/germ hybrid fuzz

4 knob spring tank

DOD 250

Rotator

Lexicon Large Hall Reverb

Gonkulator

If you had snagged each of these ePedals when they were released, you would have spent a whopping $7 to get them all.

My issue with the iStomp is that it's very expensive when you consider that in a live situation you can only use one effect. And with that in mind, who is going to buy a $150 pedal to run a simulation of a DOD 250 when you can just buy an actual DOD 250 for peanuts on ebay?

Let's say you use it for reverb then, instead. That seems better value because reverbs are expensive. But in this scenario you're paying $150 for a Lexicon Hall emulation which becomes cumbersome in a live situation if you want to change to the reverb for another model, and there is the argument that for the same price you can buy an actual reverb pedal from the same company (Hardwire) that also contains Lexicon reverbs, only that one has more modes which are easily accessible live.

I do like Digitech products for the most part, but I can't help thinking this iStomp is total failsauce. My prediction is you won't shift many of them and it will be discontinued within 12 months.

• Members

My issue with the iStomp is that it's very expensive when you consider that in a live situation you can only use one effect.

I disagree, people drop $150 on an OD or delay without even blinking. The iStomp comes with an OD and Delay, plus the PSU, Smart Cable, and another ePedal of your choice for 99 cents. for $150, the iStomp slays on the value prop.

And with that in mind, who is going to buy a $150 pedal to run a simulation of a DOD 250 when you can just buy an actual DOD 250 for peanuts on ebay?

Because the ePedal version has extended range, is quieter, and is 99 cents (until the end of this month). There are benefits to ePedals, especially with next gen algos. I think the problem is that people are thinking of the ePedals as inherently bad sounding, if you try them that pre-conception goes away pretty quickly.

• Members

I just can't see it. I'm sure it could be useful for studio work, where effects chain placement and the time is takes to swap models/patches is less of an issue, but then for studio work you'd really be better off with software plugins anyway (that are often cheaper, and not restricted to 4 control parameters).

You seem like a good guy, I'm not having a dig at you personally. But I bet you

Archived