Dear DigiTech Rep, My Wish List

• Members

PGS exclusivity of this pedal have anything to do with GC no longer carrying the line?

No, the two events are unrelated. If anything our um, challenges with GC inspired us to look at HardWire as a more exclusive line than ever before.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay Digitech Rep...I have a gripe. The Hardwire TR-7. Why would you make a "Leslie" sound pedal THAT WON"T RAMP??? You guys made one of the first and best Leslie simulators back in the 90s and I was excited by the TR-7 until I realized that IT WON"T RAMP. Hit me with one that will and I'll buy it.

• Members

Okay Digitech Rep...I have a gripe. The Hardwire TR-7. Why would you make a "Leslie" sound pedal THAT WON"T RAMP??? You guys made one of the first and best Leslie simulators back in the 90s and I was excited by the TR-7 until I realized that IT WON"T RAMP. Hit me with one that will and I'll buy it.

That's easy, it's primarily a tremolo pedal. If we ever make a dedicated Leslie sim, it will ramp.

• Members

Got my DaVe yesterday and the chord mode has some seriously nice tracking.

However I do wish two things were different:

1. Add a mix knob

2. In Whammy mode, the 2nd Down should be a 2nd up for pedal steel type things. Or maybe I'll get the hand of using the treadle in reverse. :/

• 1 month later...
  • Members

4. For your next multi-fx, can you please allow me to switch one effect on while simultaneously switching another effect off like you would when you have real stomp boxes. I can't tell you how much I hate it when hitting to effects switches engages the tuner or preset mode. I HATE THAT. Please allow me to step on two switches at once without sending me into different modes.

In stombox-mode the RP1000 doesn't register multiple switches pressed simultaneously, but I don't see this as a limitation. Activating the tuner requires you to press the active preset for 3 seconds or more so that isn't done by accident.

What does occasionally happen by accident though is to activate signal bypass. This is done by pressing the current active preset. A separate switch to engage signal bypass would be a huge improvement for the RP1000.

My wishes for the next generation MFX based on my experience with the RP1000 are:

Separate signal-bypass switch

In stompbox-mode make the unit temporarily remember effects that are added/subtracted when switching to another patch and back. A double-step on the patch-select-switch could reinstate the permanently saved setting.

Replace the display and programming-grids text by integrating a good modern display. It could even be (multi)touch to improve/simplify patch programming. Don't implement it as a dock for a proprietary computing device. An integrated mini-computer running a decent realtime operating system would be much better.

Modular expression pedals. Ability to add more pedals on either side of the unit with screws.

Another step towards the high-end wrt the audio quality of effects and amp/speaker sims. This is more or less given by the evolution in audio hardware and software. I'd expect the next generation unit to perform close to the current AXE-FX or eleven-rack units.

Two or more audio processors to improve the handling of patch-changes and increase the number of simulaneous effects possible

Bring the output-level of the balanced XLR down to a reasonable level.

Add a separate set of jack outputs that bypass speaker-sim while speaker-sim is active for main-out to PA. That makes it possible to use a regular guitar-amp as stage monitor with decent sound. This would be less of an issue had the balanced outputs been lower. As is when the master-level has been reduced to cut the XLR-level to something that works with a PA mixer the jack output is too low for most amps.

Patch-editing software for more mobile computing devices. At least iOS and Android based phones and pads.

Full MIDI in/out/through implementation

Support MIDI over USB for remote programming from a computer/pad/phone as before, but add MIDI over Bluetooth as a wireless alternative for pads and phones. The BT-radio should have a separate on/off switch with a small LED to indicate that it is active. You don't want accidents where the audience are messing with your patches while playing.

Fix the harmoniser

Add enough memory to make the looper practically unlimited and make it fully operated with foot-switches.

Improve tuner accuracy and response-time. With a better display it could also be made to resemble other popular tuner displays such as strobotuners. The tuner should also be programmable with support for sweetened tunings and with factory presets for guitars with Buzz Feiten and other common compensated tuning schemes. It should also support intonation-setup for sweetened tunings.

• Members

space station is awesome. I have two on the board because I wanted to warp string sounds...

i have an ex7 which sounds familiar but not enough. i think the biggest dud of the the ex7 was although it had a bunch of modes, when you changed modesthere was no saving of knob settings.

if digitech reissued / upgraded the xp300 i'd buy one....

my next favourite digitech stuff is the dhp55 and studio quads. the newer digitech rack/multi stuff is not deep enough.

don't like the istomp because
- apple sux. why should i support/use them?
- at namm 13 is there going to be a istomp 2 (2 x istomp + expression pedal)

while i'm complaining i'm sick of gradual changes to product line. a jamman, stereo jamaman, jamman delay....release / announce them all at once. hate to buy a product and six months later there's an inproved version....does R&D not talk to Production.

Anyway, I look forward to the next generation of digitech....

- My hope is via USB the functionality and programming of smaller / larger are identical. Only difference is some parameters are hidden on surface of smaller unit
- dual modulation (ability to phase then flange or trem then harmonize),
- whammy and wah at the same time
- micro synth + ring mod + bit crusher emaulation
- glitch fuzz (say a random lfo controlling octave of a fuzz)
- XP300 emulation
- more expression control (include 1 expression pedal on the unit + ability to connect 4 footswitches / expression pedals). Set global wet dry mix for reverb.
- ability to assign LFO to different parameters
- numerous LFO / ADSR capability
- trem / modulation waveshaping
- midi in/out
- more flexible stereo (reverb right + delay lef) etc

for a while i was using a pedal board of XP300 into RP300 into RP200. it was compact and easy to get arround.

so i wait excited for Namm 2013 to see what i'm going to lust after / blow my cash.

• Members

OK...now I own the Hardwire Phaser, Chorus, Tuner, Delay, and Reverb...and they have kicked several boutique pedals off my board.

(but not my Eventide Space and my Weehbo Bastard!)

PLEASE make a Hardwire Fuzz, and a Hardwire EQ! (and maybe an Auto-Wha?)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

eti wrote:

Digitech multifx without expression pedals:

rp1_1.jpg
digitech-rp5_4742590.jpg
_c262695_image_0.jpg
digitech_rp150.jpg
digitech-rp-55-og11840.jpg
rp-70.jpg
digitech_rp100a.jpg?v=1303883995203
rp-155.jpg

I just bought another RP-1 ( I own another) and a Digitech 2112 with a Control One pedal board. The older gear such as the RP-1 and RP- 12 seem to have better tone compared to the newer gear ( guess it's just taste).

Has Digitech ever considered making an Expression pedal that just plugs into the M.I.D.I. input and interface with any Digitech multi effects unit that doesn't have a pedal or just to add a second expression pedal ?

Love your guys work over the years !!!!

Archived