Dear DigiTech Rep, My Wish List

• Members

I want to start of by saying, I'm a huge fan of DigiTech products. I currently use the Whammy IV and the DigiDelay. I'm sure you guys are working on some awesome stuff as we speak. I just wanted to throw out some ideas that would be amazing if you could implement.

1. You guys have been releasing some of the more popular DOD pedals since you guys bought them. HOW ABOUT RELEASING THE GRAPHIC EQ PEDAL!? To me that just seems like a no brainer since you guys bought out DOD. Could you please release it and please make sure it has a slider for the "Level" so that it can be used as an overall boost?

2. When you guys release your next round of multi-fx units could you please make sure it is laid out like independent stomp boxes. BOSS was the first to do this with the ME50 pedal and it kicks ass! Zoom does it well with their G3 pedal and Line6 does it with their M13 pedal. Please ensure the effects are laid out as individual stomp boxes. I HATE multi-fx that involve a lot of editing. If I can't use it in manual mode and find good sounds in about two minutes, then I'm over it and move on. That is why I love the BOSS ME50 so much, IT'S SO SIMPLE!!!!!

3. Don't assume that we want a built in expression pedal or wah pedal. I think the Zoom G3 and Line6 M13 nailed it by omitting the expression pedals. Some of us just don't want it.

4. For your next multi-fx, can you please allow me to switch one effect on while simultaneously switching another effect off like you would when you have real stomp boxes. I can't tell you how much I hate it when hitting to effects switches engages the tuner or preset mode. I HATE THAT. Please allow me to step on two switches at once without sending me into different modes.

That would be awesome. Most importantly, could you just please make the graphic equalizer. There are not that many EQs on the market and they all have their problems: MXR 10-band is noisy and frankly too big, MXR 6-band does not have a slider for the volume level, Maxon EQ is just too expensive, Dano EQ is cool and cheap, but does not line up well with other pedals on the board.

Thank you for your time!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to start of by saying, I'm a huge fan of DigiTech products. I currently use the Whammy IV and the DigiDelay. I'm sure you guys are working on some awesome stuff as we speak. I just wanted to throw out some ideas that would be amazing if you could implement.

Cool!

1. You guys have been releasing some of the more popular DOD pedals since you guys bought them. HOW ABOUT RELEASING THE GRAPHIC EQ PEDAL!? To me that just seems like a no brainer since you guys bought out DOD. Could you please release it and please make sure it has a slider for the "Level" so that it can be used as an overall boost?

Just FYI DigiTech never bought DOD, they've been the same company since day 1. DOD was formed first and DigiTech was a DOD division that was formed roughly a decade later to explore and release digital products.

I think a graphic EQ is a total no brainer too.

2. When you guys release your next round of multi-fx units could you please make sure it is laid out like independent stomp boxes. BOSS was the first to do this with the ME50 pedal and it kicks ass! Zoom does it well with their G3 pedal and Line6 does it with their M13 pedal. Please ensure the effects are laid out as individual stomp boxes. I HATE multi-fx that involve a lot of editing. If I can't use it in manual mode and find good sounds in about two minutes, then I'm over it and move on. That is why I love the BOSS ME50 so much, IT'S SO SIMPLE!!!!!

Since we invented floor MFX, we will probably continue to walk the fine line between innovation and honoring our own history.

3. Don't assume that we want a built in expression pedal or wah pedal. I think the Zoom G3 and Line6 M13 nailed it by omitting the expression pedals. Some of us just don't want it.

This one would be tough, we have always had a built-in expression pedal. Our customers expect it and would probably crucify us if we omitted it.

4. For your next multi-fx, can you please allow me to switch one effect on while simultaneously switching another effect off like you would when you have real stomp boxes. I can't tell you how much I hate it when hitting to effects switches engages the tuner or preset mode. I HATE THAT. Please allow me to step on two switches at once without sending me into different modes.

I'm not sure what you mean here, can you elaborate?

Thank you for your time!

No prollem.

• Members

Cool!

Just FYI DigiTech never bought DOD, they've been the same company since day 1. DOD was formed first and DigiTech was a DOD division that was formed roughly a decade later to explore and release digital products.

I think a graphic EQ is a total no brainer too.

Since we invented floor MFX, we will probably continue to walk the fine line between innovation and honoring our own history.

This one would be tough, we have always had a built-in expression pedal. Our customers expect it and would probably crucify us if we omitted it.

I'm not sure what you mean here, can you elaborate?

No prollem.

You rule man! You replied so fast! You're making me like DigiTech even more. Wow, I totally did not know DigiTech was originally a division of DOD. Crazy, now I know!

What I mean bout the switching on the multi-fx applies if you guys do a multi-fx with a stomp box type layout (which I totally hope you do). Think of it this way, I use my delay a lot on my clean tones and when I want to switch into a non-delayed balls to walls rock out tone I use my overdrive pedal. So if I'm playing clean with delay I have my delay pedal on and my overdrive pedal off. I have both the delay pedal and the overdrive next to each other on my board. When I want to transition out, I simultaneously stomp on both boxes with my foot, effectively turning the delay off while at the same time turning the overdrive on. One stomp leads to two effects being engaged and disengaged.

The problem with effects units that use the stomp box layout (like my ME50) is that when I stomp on say the drive effects switch and the modulation effects switch, it engages the tuner instead of turning the drive effect on and turning the modulation effect off. That something I hate!

Well, like I said, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you guys reissue the Graphic EQ pedal. That's honestly the pedal I wish I had all the time.

• Members

What I mean bout the switching on the multi-fx applies if you guys do a multi-fx with a stomp box type layout (which I totally hope you do). Think of it this way, I use my delay a lot on my clean tones and when I want to switch into a non-delayed balls to walls rock out tone I use my overdrive pedal. So if I'm playing clean with delay I have my delay pedal on and my overdrive pedal off. I have both the delay pedal and the overdrive next to each other on my board. When I want to transition out, I simultaneously stomp on both boxes with my foot, effectively turning the delay off while at the same time turning the overdrive on. One stomp leads to two effects being engaged and disengaged.

Okay, I see. TBH, I've never tried hitting both switches at once on our RP stuff so I'm not sure what would happen. I'll check when I get in the office tomorrow.

Well, like I said, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you guys reissue the Graphic EQ pedal. That's honestly the pedal I wish I had all the time.

;)

• Members

Dear DigiTechRep,

They Hyper Phase is sounding really great. I might have to sell my $300 phaser pedal.

My first multi-effects unit was a GNX1. Lots of great sounds in that box. One of my favorites was a pedal steel sound (perfect with slide guitar). Are there any other DigiTech products that have that?

• Members

My first multi-effects unit was a GNX1. Lots of great sounds in that box. One of my favorites was a pedal steel sound (perfect with slide guitar). Are there any other DigiTech products that have that?

Pretty much any of them that had/have Whammys and pitch fx.

• Members

When you guys release your next round of multi-fx units could you please make sure it is laid out like independent stomp boxes. BOSS was the first to do this with the ME50 pedal and it kicks ass! Zoom does it well with their G3 pedal and Line6 does it with their M13 pedal. Please ensure the effects are laid out as individual stomp boxes. I HATE multi-fx that involve a lot of editing. If I can't use it in manual mode and find good sounds in about two minutes, then I'm over it and move on. That is why I love the BOSS ME50 so much, IT'S SO SIMPLE!!!!!

Then why not just use an ME-50 and be happy? :idk:

I'm sorry, but talk of pulling the expression pedal off of DigiTech's multieffects pedals is just crazy. :p:D

Seriously - an expression pedal adds so much functionality and user control capability that I think far more players would be ticked off if DigiTech were to suddenly stop including them on such units.

Might make for an interesting poll if anyone wants to research it. :)

• Members

I'd like to pull the expression pedal off the unit, but one come with the unit as an offboard expression pedal (think Moog EP-2). By including it with the unit, you avoid the possible crucifiction, whilst still giving the users what they want.

Also,

Updated SPACE STATION!!!!

The problem here, if I am understanding you correctly, is in the way the switching on these units behaves. For example, on some multieffects units, if you hit two specific footswitch buttons simultaneously, you'll call up the tuner, or enter some other "mode."

It would seem that what you'd like is a more "stomp-box" oriented approach, with each "effect" having its own set of knobs, and with one footswitch button per each virtual "pedal" on the multieffect. However, such switching is relatively inefficient on a multieffect, and companies typically have to incorporate some of those multi-button switch combos to enter tuner mode, kick the looper on or off, get to setup modes, etc. If they didn't, the multieffect would need a lot more switches on it.

I do see your point though. There's the whole 1 button = 1 scene vs 1 button = 1 stompbox thing. Depending on the company and unit, both are often supported. If it's in "stompbox mode", those double footswitch combos do become more of an issue. You want to kick the chorus off and the dirt on at the same time, and typically, you can do that with one stomp if the switches are next to each other... but if they're pre-programmed to kick on the tuner, that's obviously an issue. Maybe they could offer that as a menu option. IOW, so you could have the option of disabling some or all of the double-footswitch combos when the multieffect was in a more stompbox oriented operating mode. :idk:

Archived