Dear DigiTech Rep, My Wish List

• Members

Oh man! Did not notice for that. For whatever reason I never noticed. I noticed the DT a long time ago and had no interest in it. The Whammy V looks pretty cool. The true bypass I'm sure is legit, since the whammy sucks tone in general. Hmm, interesting. I'm going to have to A/B the IV and V when I get a chance.

I still can't believe I never noticed the V! Thanks for the heads up.

No problem man! I was wondering why you'd still want the IV 'cause the Whammy V is freaking bonkers. There are some good demos floating around YouTube, too.

Oh! And check out Phil's review on it too. Lotsa good info.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And again, no disrespect, I bet lots of guitar aficionado magazines hated it as Clapton wanking was not this pedal's calling, but they have been well liked for the effect sounds by at very least a vocal minority back then, and growing through the years
:)

Hey man, we are just guys talking here AFAIAC.

• Members

whats the space station go that the EX7 doesn't got? I've never found a use for that space station setting...

Various settings between 10 and 39 are really interesting and not to my knowledge available in any other pedal

19019488.png

I'm not a huge fanboy of the space station :lol: but with a captive ear from digitech rep, I think it would be a nice thing to get back out there for some of those settings as opposed to another big muff/fuzz face/ts9 :lol:

• Members

No problem man! I was wondering why you'd still want the IV 'cause the Whammy V is freaking bonkers. There are some good demos floating around YouTube, too.

Oh! And check out Phil's review on it too. Lotsa good info.

I searched for Phil's review. Anyone have a link of it?

• Members

Android functionality for the iStomp would be great for those of us not drinking the Apple kool-aid

The only reason I haven't bought an iStomp is that I do not own the iPad or iPhone or any Apple products

Same with the iPB. Great idea, but I'm not gonna rush out and buy an iPad for it

• Members

Android functionality for the iStomp would be great for those of us not drinking the Apple kool-aid

The only reason I haven't bought an iStomp is that I do not own the iPad or iPhone or any Apple products

Same with the iPB. Great idea, but I'm not gonna rush out and buy an iPad for it

It's all about QoS and the delivery/maintenance.

• Members

Not to get off on a tanget, but why do some people draw battle lines across anything, like apple/android?
:lol:

It's a magic phone computer device, just be happy it exists!

All IMHO of course, but beyond carrier limitations (which are starting to lesson) it boils down to business strategy. Apple has extremely stringent controls for application release, Android is open and will even allow apps not available in the Google or Amazon store to be installed if you approve it. Apple portable devices have not been historically Flash friendly (not sure if that's been fixed). Android phones allow you to customize the way the phone looks and even the way it is you navigate it, Apple is locked up. The Android platform with its many manufacturers builds more competition driving prices down, Apple charges whatever they feel is appropriate. Of course much of the less open nature is exactly why some things (like music apps and folks looking for the easiest way to apply some type of DRM) like the Apple platform. Of course, everyone I know has a jail broken phone so much of the above only applies to those not "in the know".

• Members

I'm not drawing battle lines. I'm sure I'd have an iPhone if there was a carrier worth doing business with that would have them. I guess the real reason I wonder why not is because, there is a huge segment of the population that does not have an Apple product, some of them who will draw battle lines. I am all for open source though, and it seems like the iStomp would be an excellent platform for open source effects

• Members

I can summarize: The original Space Station was an unprecedented flop. We actually got reams of hate mail over it, every magazine gave it a tepid to bad review, and it was the worst selling pedal in DigiTech's history. We use the Space Station as a cautionary tale here at the factory all the time.

kudos to you. the world would be a better place if they had just buried "Its a Wonderful Life" after it flopped at the box office and never rereleased it.

• Members

kudos to you. the world would be a better place if they had just buried "Its a Wonderful Life" after it flopped at the box office and never rereleased it.

To be fair, HC and really any forum represents an extremely small portion of guitar players. They likely lost a significant amount of money in that product. So I can fully understand not doing a reissue of the stand alone pedal. However, no reason not to include all of its goodies as part of a bigger product...

• Members

To be fair, HC and really any forum represents an extremely small portion of guitar players. They likely lost a significant amount of money in that product. So I can fully understand not doing a reissue of the stand alone pedal. However, no reason not to include all of its goodies as part of a bigger product...

yeah, I was half-joking (I actually do think the world would be a better place if Frank Capra's oeuvre had been forgotten). True, HCFX represents a microscopic portion of guitar players/effects buyers, but I think ebay prices do demonstrate a demand for this pedal. It may not ever be their top seller, but with all the multi-fx unit s Digitech are constantly putting out there, you would think they could work it in and it would have its niche.

• Members

yeah, I was half-joking (I actually do think the world would be a better place if Frank Capra's oeuvre had been forgotten). True, HCFX represents a microscopic portion of guitar players/effects buyers, but I think ebay prices do demonstrate a demand for this pedal. It may not ever be their top seller, but with all the multi-fx unit s Digitech are constantly putting out there, you would think they could work it in and it would have its niche.

Was just watching this...sigh...it was a pedal before its time...maybe we'll see the effects in a new RP/GSP...

[video=youtube;mWiveFEN-Gg]

• Members

My issue with the iStomp is that it's very expensive when you consider that in a live situation you can only use one effect. And with that in mind, who is going to buy a $150 pedal to run a simulation of a DOD 250 when you can just buy an actual DOD 250 for peanuts on ebay?

This guy right here! I think the reason why I like having this pedal, and you seem to dislike the idea of having this pedal is because I view it as a single box, whereas you've lumped it in with multi-FX. I have over 50 effects units, and usually 2 or 3 complete pedalboards put together at any given time. In my stomp shop, I have the following effects (on my phone, waiting to be uploaded):

Redline OD (free)

Total Recall delay (free)

Fuzzy (9.99)

Rodent (9.99)

DOD 250 OD (4.99)

Amp Driver (4.99)

DOD FX25B (1.99)

Flanger Affair (9.99)

Stone Phaser (9.99)

Gonkulator (0.99)

240 Plate Reverb (4.99)

Lexicon Hall Reverb (0.99)

The iStomp itself ran me $150, which is well within my pedal price point that I am willing to pay, on one pedal. I've added 10 pedals to the two free ones to the tune of $59 if my quick math is right. Now I am out roughly $210 for 12 pedals - which most would agree is a smoking deal. I will concede that I can't run all 12 at the same time, but as I mentioned, I have plenty of other pedals at my disposal. Just my opinion, but your argument of "$150 is too much for a DOD 250" is kinda moot. I agree that $150 is too much to spend on a pedal I could score off CL or EvilBay for $50, but I'd much rather pay $5 to have one at my disposal AND not taking up any more space on my shelves (cause its in my phone).

When its time to throw a new board together, or I feel like I am missing a certain effect, I can load that pedal into the iStomp and have that sound that I needed. Its no different than if I want a TS9 on a board, I go to my shelf and grab it. I've never owned a Rat before, but wondered what it sounded like, so I downloaded it to my stomp shop for $10 - turns out it didn't really go well with my rigs, but it sounds great thru my buddy's Vox, and I'm only out for the cost of lunch. I own a few fuzz faces, and thought there was no way a digital pedal could emulate them, but the Fuzzy in the iStomp is pretty amazing in its own right, digital be damned. Let's say I normally run a pedalboard into my DRRI, but decide to run that board into my 5e3 one night. All of a sudden I'm in need a reverb pedal, but my WET is on another pedalboard. So I download the Lexicon to the iStomp, and throw that in front of the amp - BOOM goes the dynamite, and I've got reverb-laden 5e3 goodness.

I guess what I am saying is that its all a matter of perspective. It's not great for flippers (since ya can't flip the software), its not a great multi-fx unit (cause its not:D), but its the best digital sound I've ever heard, and it's versatility is quite perfect for me and my needs. :idk:

• Members

This guy right here! I think the reason why I like having this pedal, and you seem to dislike the idea of having this pedal is because I view it as a single box, whereas you've lumped it in with multi-FX. I have over 50 effects units, and usually 2 or 3 complete pedalboards put together at any given time. In my stomp shop, I have the following effects (on my phone, waiting to be uploaded):

Redline OD (free)

Fuzzy (9.99)

Rodent (9.99)

DOD 250 OD (4.99)

Amp Driver (4.99)

DOD FX25B (1.99)

Flanger Affair (9.99)

Stone Phaser (9.99)

Gonkulator (0.99)

240 Plate Reverb (4.99)

The iStomp itself ran me $150, which is well within my pedal price point that I am willing to pay, on one pedal. I've added 10 pedals to the two free ones to the tune of $59 if my quick math is right. Now I am out roughly $210 for 12 pedals - which most would agree is a smoking deal. I will concede that I can't run all 12 at the same time, but as I mentioned, I have plenty of other pedals at my disposal. Just my opinion, but your argument of "$150 is too much for a DOD 250" is kinda moot. I agree that $150 is too much to spend on a pedal I could score off CL or EvilBay for $50, but I'd much rather pay $5 to have one at my disposal AND not taking up any more space on my shelves (cause its in my phone).

When its time to throw a new board together, or I feel like I am missing a certain effect, I can load that pedal into the iStomp and have that sound that I needed. Its no different than if I want a TS9 on a board, I go to my shelf and grab it. I've never owned a Rat before, but wondered what it sounded like, so I downloaded it to my stomp shop for $10 - turns out it didn't really go well with my rigs, but it sounds great thru my buddy's Vox, and I'm only out for the cost of lunch. I own a few fuzz faces, and thought there was no way a digital pedal could emulate them, but the Fuzzy in the iStomp is pretty amazing in its own right, digital be damned. Let's say I normally run a pedalboard into my DRRI, but decide to run that board into my 5e3 one night. All of a sudden I'm in need a reverb pedal, but my WET is on another pedalboard. So I download the Lexicon to the iStomp, and throw that in front of the amp - BOOM goes the dynamite, and I've got reverb-laden 5e3 goodness.

I guess what I am saying is that its all a matter of perspective. It's not great for flippers (since ya can't flip the software), its not a great multi-fx unit (cause its not:D), but its the best digital sound I've ever heard, and it's versatility is quite perfect for me and my needs.
:idk:

Yep, perfect for a guy like you. Me? ~$200 would get me a RP355 with all those effects. Granted the iStomp has next gen effects, but flavors of everything you listed are there and sound pretty good to my old ears. Its just a different mindset. Digitech was smart to go the Apple route as folks who use Apple products tend to spend more money. The same phenomena why many paid Apple apps do better as ad supported apps for Android, or why Orbitz guides Apple users to more expensive hotels/flights rather than the lowest deals.

• Members

Redline OD (free)

Fuzzy (9.99)

Rodent (9.99)

DOD 250 OD (4.99)

Amp Driver (4.99)

DOD FX25B (1.99)

Flanger Affair (9.99)

Stone Phaser (9.99)

Gonkulator (0.99)

240 Plate Reverb (4.99)

I guess what I am saying is that its all a matter of perspective. It's not great for flippers (since ya can't flip the software), its not a great multi-fx unit (cause its not:D), but its the best digital sound I've ever heard, and it's versatility is quite perfect for me and my needs.
:idk:

Yep, perfect for a guy like you. Me? ~$200 would get me a RP355 with all those effects. Granted the iStomp has next gen effects, but flavors of everything you listed are there and sound pretty good to my old ears. Its just a different mindset. Digitech was smart to go the Apple route as folks who use Apple products tend to spend more money. The same phenomena why many paid Apple apps do better as ad supported apps for Android, or why Orbitz guides Apple users to more expensive hotels/flights rather than the lowest deals.

Anyway, much love for DigiTech and I wish them success in all endeavors. Can't wait to see what they'll have at NAMM...

• Members

~$200 would get me a RP355 with all those effects. Granted the iStomp has next gen effects, but flavors of everything you listed are there and sound pretty good to my old ears. Its just a different mindset.

Will, this brings up a good point and it's something I've been trying to articulate for a while. For some reason there has been a lot of "all or nothing" commentary to the iStomp and iPB-10 that I just don't get. It's not like our other pedals have all just vanished, or suddenly become obsolete. When we got blow-back on the iPB-10 for not being PC compatible we were surprised because we have the RP1000 and X-Edit. In our minds, we've actually been ignoring the Mac market for over 7 years! Same with the iStomp, if you don't like the iStomp concept, that's cool, we have an entire MFX line for you to choose from, and a gazillion pedals both analog and digital.

This isn't a zero sum game, just more choices. Every time someone buys an iStomp a boutique analog pedal doesn't disappear.

• Members

Will, this brings up a good point and it's something I've been trying to articulate for a while. For some reason there has been a lot of "all or nothing" commentary to the iStomp and iPB-10 that I just don't get. It's not like our other pedals have all just vanished, or suddenly become obsolete. When we got blow-back on the iPB-10 for not being PC compatible we were surprised because we have the RP1000 and X-Edit. In our minds, we've actually been
ignoring
the Mac market for over 7 years! Same with the iStomp, if you don't like the iStomp concept, that's cool, we have an entire MFX line for you to choose from,
and
a gazillion pedals both analog and digital.

This isn't a zero sum game, just more choices. Every time someone buys an iStomp a boutique analog pedal doesn't disappear.

Yeah, but we have total tunnel vision as guitar players. We don't see the whole picture haha. Hell I just found out you guys have a 5th Gen Whammy haha. I was under the impression the DT was the 5th Gen this whole time. We are all guilty of it in one way shape or form.

You're a good sport for hanging around and educating us on the brand. I wish more companies had dedicated reps going on message boards to clarify things.

Archived