fuzzface71

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scolfax

View Post

For me it's:

- Practice amp

- Hi-fi Laptop speakers

- Recording interface/amp with amp sims and effects

I think you already got it, but, they have the same output. No 5 watt difference.

You can make presets on the THR-10 standalone that include settings for everything (including different reverbs and their settings) except the compressor and noisegate.

Quote Originally Posted by rtparrott

View Post

With the 10, whilst its connected to USB and the editor, you can save sounds in one of the 5 presets and then use them away from the computer. I havnt tried it but thats my understanding from the manual.

Picked one up on Saturday and Im loving it, although i havnt spent enough time with it really. What I love is that it sounds so full without having that large speaker thump that makes regular amps such a no no in a small flat.

cool... thanks for the infos thumb.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzface71

View Post

SCREW IT! I'm just gonna go ahead and get one this weekend. wink.gif

Are you in the US? Guitar Center will do the THR10 for $250 with this week's coupon. I'm really happy with it, especially at that price.

• Members

So I finally borrowed my buddy's THR5 and try it here at home. Hooked it up with my iMac and iPod. SWEET! This amp could possibly make me play more and spend less time on pedals. Heck, maybe even get rid a few of my amps and pedals all together! wink.gif

• Members

Wonder if one of these would be overkill for me considering I have a MagicStomp. Been wanting another small amp to go with my Princeton, but thinking I need to stick with the idea of getting something fairly low wattage with gain in it (AC15, AC4, NightTrain, Tweaker?).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iodine74

View Post

Wonder if one of these would be overkill for me considering I have a MagicStomp. Been wanting another small amp to go with my Princeton, but thinking I need to stick with the idea of getting something fairly low wattage with gain in it (AC15, AC4, NightTrain, Tweaker?).

This amp is nothing like a Princeton ( I also have). It's a very portable practice amp, you have to try it yourself. Maybe it may actually be a good combination with the magicstomp?

• Members

View Post

This amp is nothing like a Princeton ( I also have). It's a very portable practice amp, you have to try it yourself. Maybe it may actually be a good combination with the magicstomp?

I meant if it would be overkill considering the MS does modeling (it basically has DG Stomp in it). Seems like the THR is almost like a scaled down DG (fewer models).

If they feel more natural than some of the MS's, then yeah it might be worth it for me so I could get more 'bang for the buck' as far as different tones (I hate liking such a wide variety of sounds).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls

View Post

Fuzzface - do you agree w/ scolfax that this amp isn't good when using a fuzz pedal in front of it?

imo, you don't really need a fuzz when using this amp. Although, I have played my pedalboard through once. And I like it. It really acts like a real amp.

What kind of fuzz do you have in mind for me to try?

• Members

View Post

imo, you don't really need a fuzz when using this amp. Although, I have played my pedalboard through once. And I like it. It really acts like a real amp.

What kind of fuzz do you have in mind for me to try?

I use a MKII and Buzzaround often.

Archived