YAMAHA THR AMP...

fuzzface71

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scolfax

View Post

New models on the way next month:

ok someone pointed out: that the "new" models are new indeed, but not an update of what came out recently. (look closely 3 different amps) It seems like one is a THR with settings for a higher gain players, one is a THR with settings for a bluesy player, one is a THR designed for acoustic players.

Now I don't feel that bad..whew! I almost placed and ad for mine! biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

A few days ago I emailed guitarpatches.com to ask if the THR series amps could be included on the website since there was no other place on the web to share patches for these amps. Today Haax emailed me back and said that the site was updated to include a section for the THR 10 and 5. A big thanks to guitarpatches.com for being kind enough to include these ampsthumb.gif. Here are the links:

http://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=THR10

http://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=THR5

I will be posting some patches tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by gidude73

View Post

A few days ago I emailed guitarpatches.com to ask if the THR series amps could be included on the website since there was no other place on the web to share patches for these amps. Today Haax emailed me back and said that the site was updated to include a section for the THR 10 and 5. A big thanks to guitarpatches.com for being kind enough to include these ampsthumb.gif. Here are the links:

http://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=THR10

http://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=THR5

I will be posting some patches tonight.

Thanks gidude73. Look forward to trying some of the patches. I've only had my THR10 for a couple of weeks, but as others have said, not used my usual amp/pedals since. I love playing my ES339 and Midtown P90 through the Crunch model with a slight amount of hall reverb and chorus.

Question, can I assume that the Aux In is not run through the modeling? The reason that I ask, is that I would like to plug in a loop pedal into the Aux port. I know that I won't be looping at that point, but have a bunch of backing tracks loaded on my RC-3 that would be fun to jam with, and wouldn't want them to be processed.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chipwich

View Post

Thanks gidude73. Look forward to trying some of the patches. I've only had my THR10 for a couple of weeks, but as others have said, not used my usual amp/pedals since. I love playing my ES339 and Midtown P90 through the Crunch model with a slight amount of hall reverb and chorus.

Question, can I assume that the Aux In is not run through the modeling? The reason that I ask, is that I would like to plug in a loop pedal into the Aux port. I know that I won't be looping at that point, but have a bunch of backing tracks loaded on my RC-3 that would be fun to jam with, and wouldn't want them to be processed.

Yes the aux in can't be run through the effects and models as far as I know.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

THR-10 , got it , love it.

Is this my best amp ?? ............ not really.

Is it my loudest amp ?? ........... HELL NO

Is it my prettiest amp ?? .......... nope

Is it my coolest amp ?? ............ nah

Huh ?? ...... is it any good then ?? ..........

Hell Yeah , this is definitely the most versatile amp i've come across so far.

SO MANY sounds, it'll probably be my most used amp even in a couple of years.

I use it for guitar practice, computer speaker, mini studio, and for experimenting with new sounds.

Friggin' Fabulous.

Archived