RIP Devi's Console

Hiwatt Bob

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its sort of a pathetic aesthetic really. Like OK we get it you like to be edgy and make everything pink and black. And what is the sentiment behind that other than hey let me get your sensory attention?

• Members

I haven't been paying attention I guess.

I've been at HC a long time. I can't ever remember reading a weirder thread. In fact, the words, 'weird',

'strange', 'unhinged', 'appalling', don't even begin to do it justice.

Congratulations everyone. This thread is for the ages. A hundred years from now, historians and anthropologists

might be mining it for clues as to what humans were like during this era.

• Members

Etienne Rambert wrote:

Congratulations everyone. This thread is for the ages. A hundred years from now, historians and anthropologists

I think you may very well be right there.  I mean, it's a social document with multiple participants, some with a direct financial interest and others without, it addresses some topics like 21st century cottage industry; crowdsourcing and its growing pains; the Gen-x/millenial transition generation and how it views finincial relationships/responsibilities, how the roles of artist/craftsperson/businessperson are viewed; special interest forums and what role they play in terms of positive/negative pulbicity for small business; hardware (manufacturing) vs software as small business.

These kinds of '"street-level' documents can be a super-valuable resource for anrothpoligsts and historians. 

• Members

Etienne Rambert wrote:

I haven't been paying attention I guess.

I've been at HC a long time. I can't ever remember reading a weirder thread. In fact, the words, 'weird',

'strange', 'unhinged', 'appalling', don't even begin to do it justice.

Either you really haven't been paying attention or you don't come to the FX forum much

• Members

I'm not sure what the memes trying to get at. doesn't make much sense. but yeah i haven't read much past what the real issue is. and not thay I'm making a real joke here, but that cassette box pedal sounds like a metaphor or code for what the money was really used for.

and when the future reads this. i don't hate thr LGBT community. But a good trolling to a crook did seem the least bit called for. anyways, not wanting to get into it :)

Archived