RIP Devi's Console

Hiwatt Bob

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dkonesky wrote:

I'm not sure what the memes trying to get at. doesn't make much sense. but yeah i haven't read much past what the real issue is. and not thay I'm making a real joke here, but that cassette box pedal sounds like a metaphor or code for what the money was really used for.

and when the future reads this. i don't hate thr LGBT community. But a good trolling to a crook did seem the least bit called for. anyways, not wanting to get into it
:)

The point is that Devi's entire career and aesthetic is based on being shocking and offensive but whenever she gets the slightest bit offended she cries all over the internet.

• Members

devi is love with the sound of her own voice.
That tweeter feed is brain vomit. She tweets every other minute. I wanted to see the offending tweet, but that was like 48 hours ago... She isn't interesting enough to put in that amount of effort.

• Members

m_Calavera wrote:

#gamedev idea : get a job

looking at the twitter feed we were told about ealier, that hashtag probably won't come to fruition

with statements such as -- "My website is all the resume I'll ever need"

It's incredibly short-sighted and really speaks to the notion that Devi Ever is unwilling to seek any form of steady, structured employment even in the face of what appears to be tens of thousands dollars of wrongful taking and possibly even more tax debt.

Reviewing the thread, I have noticed the person talks about being broke, and not wishing to take a pizza delivery position (instead asking for people to purchase a compilation "pack").

The statement

"I am always free to talk about video games. :)"

seems in direct opposition to the idea

"...but I'm going to work full time night and day as long as it takes to make it up.."

I have been informed the Devi Ever does read this thread.  While Devi Ever may wish to frame the conversation as those merely wishing to baselessly disparage, I urge that person to really look at what is being sais.  The money owed, the circumstances in which they are owed "the other half was mismanaged and end up getting eaten up by business and personal expenses over the course of the past two years.I understand this is negligence on my part,"  and the remedial actions (or lack thereof) being taken.

This person fully admits "I know that this will mean I have lost trust in a number of my supporters and fans, and I don't expect to easily gain back that trust, but I'm going to work full time night and day as long as it takes to make it up to everyone." -- but does not appear to be willing to accept the ramifications of that

V wrote:

There's no need to bring gender into it. Although if the money was used for transition procedures instead of what was stated I suppose you'd have a fair point.

This.

I do not want to read any LGBT-bashing, and if I see it, I'll be handing out bans. No, I have not read the whole thread yet... but I may eventually get around to it, so if you have any comments you'd like to reconsider folks, I'd suggest going back and self-editing them sooner rather than later...

As far as the overall subject of the thread, I think it's fine to discuss what is going on, as long as everyone stays reasonable and doesn't resort to cheap shots about gender. That has nothing whatsoever to do with an individual's character or business practices. Furthermore it violates our site rules, and I really don't want to see it here on HC.

• Members

Having worked very closely with a university gay pride institution, having transgender coworkers and always having gay relatives I get that devi has had to go through some extremely difficult things in her life (and still does) however I feel her accusations that this thread is somehow hateful towards her because of her sexual orientation is a huge cop out. Transgenders growing up this day and age, going through what they've had to is no walk in the park. The people I know who are Transgenders have some of the thickest skin of anyone I know. I've read this whole thread and there's nothing that I would consider truly hateful. Devi is likely mad at this thread because she's probably mad at herself and in an attempt to justify the anger towards this thread and score some sympathy points she's accusing its users of being discriminating. Complete bull{censored} if you ask me.

• Members

Shine-ei wrote:

Having worked very closely with a university gay pride institution, having transgender coworkers and always having gay relatives I get that devi has had to go through some extremely difficult things in her life (and still does) however I feel her accusations that this thread is somehow hateful towards her because of her sexual orientation is a huge cop out. Transgenders growing up this day and age, going through what they've had to is no walk in the park. The people I know who are Transgenders have some of the thickest skin of anyone I know. I've read this whole thread and there's nothing that I would consider truly hateful. Devi is likely mad at this thread because she's probably mad at herself and in an attempt to justify the anger towards this thread and score some sympathy points she's accusing its users of being discriminating. Complete bull{censored} if you ask me.

Well yeah... and then couple that with some sympathy dollars and she'll get herself another stash of money to live off of for a few years.

• Members

9520575 wrote:

She already starting another kickstarter?

Lol

well **** its one way to make a living.

I think that's one of the major misgivings. 

I notice that the person's twitter feed contains the following :

I am broke because I owe a lot of people money. So I am making money to pay them back and some are mad that I'm trying to make money. :/

Which, I believe to be a complete mischaracterization of the problem at hand.
The person appears to be trying to make the money through means that are largely speculative, appear more to align with the person's current aspirations than optimal income, spending a large ammount of time on social media in that pursuit,  and uses a funding methodology that the person can't really handle appropriately.

shockingly the person calls the console kick-starter "semi-failed" which is extremely disturbing as I can only assume the person views the successful half of the "semi" is their getting possession of the money - which suggests an extremely self-centered approach.
I forward the kickstarter project was not semi-failed, but rather, suffered one of the worst ffailure modes possible.
If, for instance, funding weren't achieved, the project would have simply been aborted with the investors not left hanging.
Even if the project failed, but the funds were used in good-faith toward the development (as opposed to personal expenses, etc) the failure would have been more graceful.

• Members

I'm not clear on how to cleanly link to a specific twitter feed (I am not a twitter user, perhaps someone could help with that)  - the reply chain looks not well orgnized, but you should be able to work through it.

I'd suggest a direct reading (though this appears to be a bit difficult given twitter's arrangement)

https://twitter.com/deviever

The issue is over (this is a quote, not my term") "My niggah", including directly addressing the objecting party as such, post-objection

note : I don't know the racial identity of the objecting party (or if that matters)

Archived