Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

"How do you have the Fab Tone set? What kind of amp do you have it going into? I used to have one, and I regret getting rid of it."

The gain setting on the Fab Tone doesn't do much. I usually boost up the bass with it. It's pretty much a one trick pony (lot's of gain) but sounds pretty good. I'm not sure if I will keep it on the board. I'm playing everything through a Peavey Bandit 112 right now. But I think I'm going to switch over to my Epi Valve Jr with 1x12 cab. The Bandit is pretty bright and a bit harsh, the Epi is darker sounding. The Bandit sounds better just using the gain channel for distortion and then throwing your other FX in the loop.

I haven't really got much experience with the pedals yet. Mostly I've been using the Korg MultiFX and I also have a Boss GT-8 recently acquired. I'm still a noob with GAS. If you check the soundclick page in my profile I did a couple of jam improvs. The Fun deLay was done with the Korg AX3 (direct in to computer), and Loop Noodle Soup was done with the Muff/Digidelay combo thru the Jamman and miced from the Peavey.

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wasn't an upgrade, but it wasn't bad.. I like some of the effects better on the Digitech (phasers, chorus, and the fact that ALL delays can hold and oscillate when the time knob is turned).

The amp and pedal sims are significantly weaker than the zoom, but I'm not needing a multi-fx for those anymore, as I've got a good amp on the way.

overall though, both were surprisingly impressive units.. especially compared to the korg and older digitech units I had before.

• Members

I found the RP unit to be better than the Zoom while testing them. The amp sims were better on the Zoom but that was about it. Over all I found the Rp to be the better deal.....now better yet is the POD but they cost more (I have one of thoes too).

Archived