Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ha, thx. I recently expanded the miniboard. I found an old pentex camera case that roughly measures out to 35.5"x12.5"x4.5" the LID is about 1.5" deep and was lined with foam eggcrate stuff that I custom cut out with a razorblade to ensure a snug resting place for my pedals. The other side of the case is about 2.5" deep and was lined with a serious tactile foam which took me forever, to cut out.

monkylense.jpg

• Members

hows that old ibanez overdrive? a couple months back i was actively pursuing one.

best pedal ever, it predates the toobscreamer & the sonic distortion. It was maxon's answer to/or inspiration for the script logo dist+, side by side it's the sonic equivilant of the grey dod 250, it has more boost on tap than the dist+ & it has more growl & hiss than the sonic distortion.

the mig boost is close to the overdrive II & lends an odd sonic expansion.

• Members
best pedal ever, it predates the toobscreamer & the sonic distortion. It was maxon's answer to/or inspiration for the script logo dist+, side by side it's the sonic equivilant of the grey dod 250, it has more boost on tap than the dist+ & it has more growl & hiss than the sonic distortion.

the mig boost is close to the overdrive II & lends an odd sonic expansion.

thanks for that informative answer :love:

• Members

Honestly, it really is. It's a totally different concept of course, but honestly people just ignore that pedal as if it's another one of Boss's {censored}ty dirt pedals. Another Metal Zone or Heavy Metal. Not even close. It honestly sounds like good metal zone. Norma Jean, Killswitch Engage, etc. Just like it. Great rectifier sound, with a hint of Marshall.

has a badass paintjob.

• Members

Nope. If I was using amp dirt, I would. Since I'm not, I don't see a dire need to.

sorry i meant true bypass strips...

i use probably 3/4 of the amount of pedals you do, and i NEED my double looper.

i use it to turn off 3-4 effects simutaniously. i used to just run em all at once, but this makes it sooo easier.

i dont do it for "true bypass" though, i cant notice a difference at high volume anyway.

• Members

one more addition being built, two to be replaced....

I'm getting there :thu:

fx-take3-2.jpg

fx-take3-1.jpg

I have connectors and some GS-4 on order.... so I have to wait to wire it up.

The chain runs:

Blender (being built) -> Comprossor (upgrading to a Bi-Comprossor)-> KOT -> Dunlop Wah (getting BYOC guts) -> Thor -> Nano Stone -> AD9 Analog Delay -> back to Blender

• Members

I swear, you have a new board every month and a new pedal everyday, Angelhair.

About the boards, yes, lately I have. Every since HC, I haven't only been trying to get the best quality, but I care a lot about cosmetics and appearance. I want things to be straight and even and neat. The reason I get new pedals is because I'm constantly trying new things out. If I like it, it goes on the board until something way better comes up or is discovered. My goals are ambience, noise, neatness, sturdiness, and good tone. Sometimes a lot of time and work goes into accomplishing all those things satisfactorily.

• Members

sorry i meant true bypass strips...

i use probably 3/4 of the amount of pedals you do, and i NEED my double looper.

i use it to turn off 3-4 effects simutaniously. i used to just run em all at once, but this makes it sooo easier.

i dont do it for "true bypass" though, i cant notice a difference at high volume anyway.

I don't want to limit myself at all. That's why I don't use an Eventide Eclipse. I love that Zachman-machine but I don't want one yet because I need to be able to turn any effect on or off whenever I want to, in any combination, and turn any knobs however much I want whenever I want to. I want to make my complicated setup as simple as possible. I know that sounds silly, because my gear setup is insane. But it could be worse. I put a lot of thought into it. For instance, I've thought "why the hell do I need a DL4 and a DD20?" Well, I used to have those and three other delays. I simplified to the point where I only have what I need and I use what I have in specific ways. So, all in all, a looper would just complicate everything even more, and limit myself somewhat.

• Members

where did you get that huge arrow knob on the no-fi!?!!? i love that. i want that to be every knob on all of my pedals.

When I throw away old stereo componants I usually salvage the knobs for future use. When I got the no-fi it had little knobs that were almost imposible to turn with my feet, so I went with the big knob for the level & a small bakelite knob for the noise (which doesn't do anything, with my set-up).

To make the arrow/L I covered the top of the knob with tape then cut out what i wanted to paint, painted it & viola custom knob. I did the same thing with the knobs on the jet phaser.

Archived