So how do I get my money back from Carl Zwengel?

Grubgoat

• Members

Originally posted by Grubgoat

So, here's the follow-up, for anyone that's interested, or maybe anyone looking to do business with the man himself.

I paid $1600 for an amp (I've got *plenty* of proof of this). After siccing the FBI and the Illinois Atty. General on him, and starting this thread, I guess I gave him a little scare, cause he PM'ed me and said I had a *full* refund on the way.

The envelope I got had a PERSONAL check from Zwengel Amplifiers in it, made out for $1200. An attached letter says:

"Paul, enclosed is a check for $1200 as an initial refund payment. I'll send you the balance out on the 1st of February, Regards, Carl Zwengel"

This being the 16th of February, I'm inclined to think that the rest of that money ain't gonna show up. So, basically, I'm a really nice guy, donating $400 to the Carl Zwengel Charity Fund.

If you're thinking of buying *ANYTHING* from this man, I'd re-read this thread and give it some serious thought. Normally I abhor bashing someone's rep. But the whole idea of doing business and trades over Harmony Central is based on trust, basically. Some {censored}er that can't hold up his end needs to be called out.

Buyer Beware.

I'm gonna keep bumping this every few weeks, so newbies see it.

What a Dick! :mad:

You should have made clear you don't want a personal check - M.O or certified. I sold a crybaby and got a personal check. I assumed it was good and waited a week. Blah. It bounced.

I'm sure the guy probably has a credit card or bank account. I know if I owed people money, I'd use my credit to pay them back.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by JamesPeters

Now all we need is a follow-up on whether Fab paid back his customers that he never delivered amps to.

::sigh::

Love the internet, hate the internet.

These things are why the store never dies.

Love James Peters all the time, though!

(Yes, I know I sound like a cave man).

• Members

That's a very good point, cause now, I'm wary of buying ANYTHING from an indy amp maker. Could be, now, I've been burnt well enough to stick to GC, which is a sad {censored}ing thing.

If it'll make you feel any better, I'll sell you this for $1200 (presuming the check you got clears). No risk, as I live in Dearborn, and can meet you at the Canton GC, amp in hand, if you want. I need some $$$ to get my bass rig up to speed.

• Members

Originally posted by WARangel

It's not just the Internet. The overwhelming majority of small business start ups fail - well over 50% and I think as high as 80%. Many others "doddle" along for years.

Keep going up--->85% nope, higher---->90% nope, higher

Buyers-->Caveat Emptor

• Members

Good luck getting your money back, I've once been defrauded for 300$, and I never got my money back. I had made a claim to ebay, paypal, master card the IFCC and the FBI, it didn't work.

You will be suing a company that has a weak business model, that cannot meet the due date of your order. I'm not sure you will get your money back, maybe the amp...

Let us know how it goes !

E-

• Members

"Paul, enclosed is a check for $1200 as an initial refund payment. I'll send you the balance out on the 1st of February, Regards, Carl Zwengel"

The maggot paid you just enough so that it would no longer be larceny over $500 dollars. :rolleyes:

I would continue to follow through with the police.

• Members

Nah, and I doubt I ever will. Like said above, he sent just enough back so I can't go after the rest.

Which is why I'm going to keep bumping. ANYONE considering giving this man money is out of their minds...

In truth, I ought to bring this into other forums, like the gear pages. He's lucky I only come to HC...

• Members

Nah, and I doubt I ever will. Like said above, he sent just enough back so I can't go after the rest.

Which is why I'm going to keep bumping. ANYONE considering giving this man money is out of their minds...

In truth, I ought to bring this into other forums, like the gear pages. He's lucky I only come to HC...

Does he get a lot of business on those pages? I would hold it over him and tell him if he doesn't give you back the remaining $400 you'll go on every gear page you can find and tell them the story of how he screwed you over. He'll stand to lose a lot more then $400.

Archived