So how do I get my money back from Carl Zwengel?

Grubgoat

• Members

Nah, the money isn't even an issue (I think of it as, its about $400 to take classes at your local college. I learned a lesson either way...).

The point isn't *ME* anymore. Its making sure everyone is aware of all the facts for consideration, if they ever come to want to give this man some money. There are a few people on his side right now, but, a year ago, I was the one defending this dude to all of you. And the {censored}er still ripped me off.

I guess the point is, if *YOU* know about it, don't click the thread anymore. I'm bumping it more for people who just casually come here, and may not be aware of it. Are there other people who could rip them off? Sure. But at least this one dick is gonna have a harder time doing it to anyone else.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Spewbag

Not to be unfeeling because I really think it sucks you lost out on some money...................but is continually bumping this thread gonna make it all come back?

...........Just live and learn and move on.

I can understand where he is coming from. I felt the same when I was given a raw deal on a Krank (I bought it WAY before they were exposed ;) ). You feel a need to tell everyone and warn everybody, out of pure spite to hurt their business as much as possible :mad:

• Members

Yeah, some of it is spite, but mostly I'd like to keep others safe. But how about, I only bump it once a month? By now plenty of people are aware of the guy, so I don't need to push it so hard, I guess. But I am going to still remind people every once in a while.

I can remember a few years ago, the Vince Sansevere threads, where even though I'd been on HC for years, I'd never heard the stories about him. And people said "oh, he's changed!" And then eventually a few people started claiming they'd been had.

That's what I'd like to avoid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Grubgoat

Ha, sorry!

That thing better not sell. I've had two guys ask about my Banshee now, but the $950 I'm asking seems to be too much...

:mad::p

Stay with it. Somebody will pay what it's worth.

F/S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

LOL so not only is Carl refusing to send out the $400 he owes, but now is is starting his "bankrupt" amp business back up
:)
what a guy
:)

Whats kind of incredible to me, is that he *has* to be getting help. As someone who defended him before, I guess I'm to blame a little, too. But after all the bad press this bitch has gotten, there are people (for instance JBTubehead, who seems like a decent guy) who still feel the need to help him out. :confused:

Do the amps sound good? The one I have does, even though I'm pretty sure I'm gonna sell it. (Never heard the 2nd gen ones that were getting bashed). But its not like this is the only boutique amp that sounds good. And hell, for those prices, there are reliable big-name amps with more features that sound just as good - For instance this Mesa Lonestar Special I bought, for the same price as the Zwengel I tried to order, but with a beautiful reverb, more tone options *and* a GUARANTEE that I can get it repaired. You think Zwengel is gonna honor the 10-year warranty if my Banshee dies? If you can't be trusted, why should you expect people to help you out?

I'm thinking, if I were in this dude's shoes, I would have come here and made a "statement", even if it was to say "Grubgoat is a total liar, everything he's said is trash". To me, the fact that he just dropped off the face of the internet for a while, and only speaks thorugh third-party supporters, says something...

Archived