"CLIP" - Best 1x12 Combo I've Ever Played...approx. $500 US :)

Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'll go ahead and post this here. I've got a Brand NEW in the box Traynor YCV50 Blue for $525 shipped and also a BRAND NEW in the box matching Traynor 1x12 Blue Closed-Back Cabinet with a Celestion Vintage 30 for $240 shipped. Best of both worlds with this set-up, one open-back and one closed-back. PM me if interested.

How does it sound with that whole setup there?

• Members

How would you say the ycv blue stacks up to the jcm 2000 tsl 122. Im in position to get one for a steal (not much more than a ycv) and i'm trying to figure out if i should snag it.

If you can get it for a steal, then the good thing is you can probably flip it if you don't care for it.

• Members

I don't know because I've never used them, they're still actually brand new in the box, but a friend of mine has a Blue that he's used with a closed-back 212 cabinet and it sounds huge.

How does it sound with that whole setup there?

• Members

At gigs this amp sounds good and cuts through with the mids.

At home, I got a 2x12 cab under it and a danelectro fish and chips EQ. I pull down the 800hz slider to remove the boxy sound. This gives a very full sound.

I don't have a band right now, so it will be a while before I try this set up at a gig.

I'll compare this set up with a Mesa Mark III instead of the Traynor and let you know what I find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
At gigs this amp sounds good and cuts through with the mids.

At home, I got a 2x12 cab under it and a danelectro fish and chips EQ. I pull down the 800hz slider to remove the boxy sound. This gives a very full sound.

I don't have a band right now, so it will be a while before I try this set up at a gig.

I'll compare this set up with a Mesa Mark III instead of the Traynor and let you know what I find.

:idk:

• Members

Funny, I was speaking with a "VERY" experienced amp tech here in Canada today. He has been fixing amps for the last 30 years or so. ALOT of top name guitarists use him. He also builds custom amps.

He HIGHLY recommended this amp.

(this is why I did a search here to see if there were any reviews)

He said they are EXTREMELY well built.... this particular model

This guy is pretty picky. He said he refuses to work on Peavey's, NEW Fenders, etc..

• Members

Funny, I was speaking with a "VERY" experienced amp tech here in Canada today. He has been fixing amps for the last 30 years or so. ALOT of top name guitarists use him. He also builds custom amps.

He HIGHLY recommended this amp.

(this is why I did a search here to see if there were any reviews)

He said they are EXTREMELY well built.... this particular model

This guy is pretty picky. He said he refuses to work on Peavey's, NEW Fenders, etc..

A lot of the mass produced amps shock techs when they work on them...the way they mount tubes and things....destined to fail.

Archived