"CLIP" - Best 1x12 Combo I've Ever Played...approx. $500 US :)

Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

id like to hear the traynor through a a celestion greenback..down the road i was thinking of an ext 2x12 ..maybe a some greenbacks would be in order since its a dark amp :idea:

if they made this into a head version i bet they would sell a ton of them..it would be the perfect counterpart to the PV Valveking (the traynor has my vote though):thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Speed_Racer71

id like to hear the traynor through a a celestion greenback..down the road i was thinking of an ext 2x12 ..maybe a some greenbacks would be in order since its a dark amp
:idea:

if they made this into a head version i bet they would sell a ton of them..it would be the perfect counterpart to the PV Valveking (the traynor has my vote though)
:thu:

I used it with my greenback Marshall 4x12 many times, sounded excellent.

• Members

Randy,

Your playing is awesome and your tone is too! :thu:

I live in Ottawa not too far from a Long And McQuade so I will be swiging by there over the week-end to purchase the YCV50 Blue.

Do you find that the amp itself is enough to play with a band in rehearsals and live? In other words, do I really need the extension 1X12 cab.

I know having both would be awesome because I'd have the combination of an open back amp with a closed back cabinet. But it might be overkill and I don't want that.

I just sold my Marshall TSL Half-Stack to get my hands on one of these babies.

Also, do you use an EQ pedal in the FX loop for leads/solos? If so, what kind? I was thinking of buying a Boss GE-7 or even just using my old Boss Metal Zone 2 (don't laugh, I got it when I was 15) and use it as a clean boost in the FX loop.

Thanks for introducing me to this fabulous amp!

:D

• Members

Originally posted by tats_dragon

I just picked up the YCV-50. WOooooooW!!

The boost function is very nice, like stepping on a OD pedal. The only thing I would need now, since I don't have a dependalbe soundman, is some sort of solo boost in the efx loop.

Jun

even though ill prb send it back...i bought an MXR 10 band eq....you can use it as a clean boost..or boost the eq and or it has a slider to boost the distortion..kinda like 3 boosts in 1...LOUD..just too much for me playing at home ..that MXR is a boost machine thats for sure lol..on a side note i thinking ima keep the BBE sonic stomp pedal..its seems to clear the highs and the lows enough for me..maybe down the road i wouldnt mind having a boss ge7 with that sniper mod i keep hearing about..does the boss eq boost hard like the mxr? anybody? i just found it was too much for me it was almost like have another set of volume controls

• Members

Originally posted by tats_dragon

I just picked up the YCV-50. WOooooooW!!

The boost function is very nice, like stepping on a OD pedal. The only thing I would need now, since I don't have a dependalbe soundman, is some sort of solo boost in the efx loop.

Jun

Just slap an EQ pedal in there. That's what I'm going to do when I get mine this week-end. I heard the Boss GE-7 is pretty decent.

• Members
Originally posted by Z0S0

Randy,

Your playing is awesome and your tone is too!
:thu:

I live in Ottawa not too far from a Long And McQuade so I will be swiging by there over the week-end to purchase the YCV50 Blue.

Do you find that the amp itself is enough to play with a band in rehearsals and live? In other words, do I really need the extension 1X12 cab.

I know having both would be awesome because I'd have the combination of an open back amp with a closed back cabinet. But it might be overkill and I don't want that.

I just sold my Marshall TSL Half-Stack to get my hands on one of these babies.

Also, do you use an EQ pedal in the FX loop for leads/solos? If so, what kind? I was thinking of buying a Boss GE-7 or even just using my old Boss Metal Zone 2 (don't laugh, I got it when I was 15) and use it as a clean boost in the FX loop.

Thanks for introducing me to this fabulous amp!

:D

Thanks... :)

Maybe try the amp by itself first...it's quite loud on it's own, but if you want lots of bass thump, you'll need a closed back cab to go with it...I think for a 1x12 combo it sounds great by itself.

I use my PODxt live (with all the modelling turned off) in the loop for effects and lead boost.

• Members

I've had mine for a little while now, I was going to post some clips but nobody seemed interested.

I love it. I can't seem to get a good tone going with the PODXTlive though.

I always end up plugging in direct - massive sweet tones. With everything from cheap single coils to boutique hum-buckers, the tone is just tweak away.

And it's practically hum and hiss free.

I never bought the whole tube tone thing before - now I'm a believer.

I may spring for the 6l6 model for some more "fenderish" clean tones.

And someday.. I'll post some clips - maybe even some music :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by Mighty Coogna!

I've had mine for a little while now, I was going to post some clips but nobody seemed interested.

I love it. I can't seem to get a good tone going with the PODXTlive though.

I always end up plugging in direct - massive sweet tones. With everything from cheap single coils to boutique hum-buckers, the tone is just tweak away.

And it's practically hum and hiss free.

I never bought the whole tube tone thing before - now I'm a believer.

I may spring for the 6l6 model for some more "fenderish" clean tones.

And someday.. I'll post some clips - maybe even some music
:eek:

Did you try the PODxt live in the loop?...input switched to 'line', with all amp, cab, mic modelling turned off...using it only for effects and lead (level) boosting.

Clips! :D

• Members
Originally posted by atbear

Yeah, post some clips!

Also, mine hums pretty good, when I have the gain on 7 and the boost on... especially when I have the volume above 6... are y'all experiencing the same thing?

I find the amp is very quiet for a higher gain amp...no hum. :confused:

It could be many other things as well...the V1 tube is noisy, your guitar isn't grounded just right, the power where you live is a little 'dirty'...

Where I used to live, no matter what I used, POD with headphones, amp.... I had a terrible 'buzz' underneath high gain tones...it was the power in the building, old wiring or whatever....I had to live with the 'buzz'. :freak:

Archived