"CLIP" - Best 1x12 Combo I've Ever Played...approx. $500 US :)

Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW!

I can't believe we got 400+ posts on this amp!

I bought mine after watching an all-day event where the backline was Traynors, one of them the YCV 50 Blue. 12 hours non-stop in many styles. Some just used the amp, some brought pedals, everyone sounded great.

I did replace the V30 with an EV12L. MAde the amp a MUCH bigger sound, especially when you get the amp cranked up. Really held the high volume very well. But it made it heavier too, and i had to pull the reverb tank. Probably going to put the V30 back in, as it's just a bit heavier than need be.

It's a great amp, very musical. Don't expect to bring on the brootal without some help.

• Members

WOW!

I can't believe we got 400+ posts on this amp!

I bought mine after watching an all-day event where the backline was Traynors, one of them the YCV 50 Blue. 12 hours non-stop in many styles. Some just used the amp, some brought pedals, everyone sounded great.

I did replace the V30 with an EV12L. MAde the amp a MUCH bigger sound, especially when you get the amp cranked up. Really held the high volume very well. But it made it heavier too, and i had to pull the reverb tank. Probably going to put the V30 back in, as it's just a bit heavier than need be.

It's a great amp, very musical. Don't expect to bring on the brootal without some help.

I started this thread when they first came out...and still think it's a great little combo. There's something about the preamp gain that makes it fun to solo on, it's crunchy/vintagy with nice sustain, almost like it's being boosted by some nice pedal.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I was just looking at the new 50 watt head.

It has some different voicings for modern and scooped tones. Also has adjustable boost. Each channel has independent gain.

I love my 50blue combo. Got one 2x12 coming with eminence speakers, and a Marshall 1966a with G12T-75's.

• Members

man, first off, you can play.

second, that there amp sounds phenomenal. i think we might have a boogie killer on our hands. seriously, Ive been trying to find a boogie that would get me into marshall territory and it seems like this baby does it better. its not a triple rec, but who gived a damn about that (unless you're a metal head, in which case i say to thee "chugga please"...what? it's not offensive because it has the "a" instead of the "er")

• Members

I was just looking at the new 50 watt head.

It has some different voicings for modern and scooped tones. Also has adjustable boost. Each channel has independent gain.

I love my 50blue combo. Got one 2x12 coming with eminence speakers, and a Marshall 1966a with G12T-75's.

I haven't seen that one. Do you mean the 100 watt head?

If there's a 50 watt head like the Blue I'd like to try that.

• Members

man, first off, you can play.

second, that there amp sounds phenomenal. i think we might have a boogie killer on our hands. seriously, Ive been trying to find a boogie that would get me into marshall territory and it seems like this baby does it better. its not a triple rec, but who gived a damn about that (unless you're a metal head, in which case i say to thee "chugga please"...what? it's not offensive because it has the "a" instead of the "er")

Thanks Jim...this combo is a nice cross between a darker Marshall voicing and the mid heavy Mesa voicing. I recently tried the Mesa Express 1x12 combo and really liked it, not quite as grindy as this, a little smoother voiced, nice combo...but the price tag was not (at least up here in Canada) :freak:

BTW...at the time I grabbed this Blue combo, they had just come out and were supposed to be a only a limited, one time manufacturing run of only a few hundred, then it was to be discontinued...but the sales did so well that Traynor is just going to keep on making them...smart move. ;)

• Members
Wo...hoo...! My friend Steve the 'Whore Slut' approves!
:D
I've been playing this new amp non-stop for over 3 hrs now....if you buy it and don't like it...I'll buy it from you! ...KIDDING!...but it is that good!
:)

What about head to head with a Rivera Clubster 45---assuming price was equal? Which would you pick? thanks

• Members

What about head to head with a Rivera Clubster 45---assuming price was equal? Which would you pick? thanks

Honestly I wasn't a fan of Rivera's gain channels until the newest stuff like the Clubster, it's very nice.

Whatever makes you play better and suits you (and your favorite guitars)...I think the Clubster sounded more refined compared to the Blue, not as chewy and thick...but it's a very nice combo for sure and the clean channel is probably more Fendery than the Blue's.

I don't think I can help...sorry. I can't say what you're looking for. ;)

Archived