***weekend Rock Jam***

Randy Van Sykes

• Members
Originally posted by Patrickjp

yeah it was much too dry before for my ears and that's how I've been recording as of late since my quadraverb blew out. Time for some spacey sounds mang!
:D
thanks again for posting this, really worked to get this sounding good

NP! ...and it shows! :)

Just wanted to let you know that your amp sounded amazing dry... :eek:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

finally made it, better late than never I guess!

RVS Lydian jamn? Is that the scale? lol

Here's the chain

Ibanez Jem/LP Custom >> Cornford RK100>>Marshall 1960 cab>>sonar 4 >> your ears

It was fun & a challenge to figure out wtf key/scale I was supposed to use. This take gets better as it goes along.

I'm gonna listen to everyone else's right now

Pat

YIKES! :D

I feel inspired now, but my take is done. :p

• Members

Ok...I guess I'm the latest one to post a take on this jam.
I worked on it practically ALL day (Then I went fishi'n)
Randy...thanks for posting this COOL jam...where did you find it ?
OR is this your creation ? Anyway it was cool enough I wanted
to groove it. Splawn, Agile and SX equipment.;)
CLICK ON THE GROOVE below...

BTW some really cool takes by all!

• Members
Originally posted by n0fx

Ok...I guess I'm the latest one to post a take on this jam.

I worked on it practically ALL day (Then I went fishi'n)

Randy...thanks for posting this COOL jam...where did you find it ?

OR is this your creation ? Anyway it was cool enough I wanted

to groove it. Splawn, Agile and SX equipment.
;)
CLICK ON THE GROOVE below...

BTW some really cool takes by all!

Loved the way you approached it with the reocurring themes...stunning tone :eek:
Your playing and tones fit perfectly!
Feedback at 1:15 was goosebumps! :D

I created the backing a while ago...it's very simple so I figured it'd be easy to wank over...glad you liked it. :)

Adam

• Members

Phil: every time I hear a clip you record it sounds killer, great tone!! I like the Dave Gilmour type phrasing too
Syrnett: Nice attept at some slide work (sounded like it)! sounds pretty cool
:)
Bob: first off, where's the vid? I thought you had some killer ideas flowin in there
JB: your take sounded awesome! Love the way that amp sounds
Jazzbo: your take was kickass, I really liked the phrasing and runs you were pulling off
whackmaster: cool phrasing, well put together!!
Acoustis voodoo: I knew there'd be some singing in there haha!Cool stuff :D
Digital Jamns: dude, you're doing great with an injured finger bro, keep at it!! :)

• Members

Patrick, very nice to hear you with a proper soaked signal and a real mans guitar :D Killer take bro, did not know you were one with the bar as well, cool stuff.

Thanks for the kind words but my take just blew and yes the humble pie tastes like crap :D I am using this as a positive though to put down the scales and focus for a about a week on recording and mixing.

• Members

finally made it, better late than never I guess!

RVS Lydian jamn? Is that the scale? lol

Here's the chain

Ibanez Jem/LP Custom >> Cornford RK100>>Marshall 1960 cab>>sonar 4 >> your ears

It was fun & a challenge to figure out wtf key/scale I was supposed to use. This take gets better as it goes along.

I'm gonna listen to everyone else's right now

Pat

Good god man that was f'in tight. :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by '63-Strat

Well, here's my take:

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000158783_000030585.mp3

Its got a few clams
:eek:
I used my strat into PODxt for this, using the XTC model
;)

Sounded great for a POD Colin, very smooth...it's funny that you own a Bogner and you're using a model of it in the POD :D ...so how does it compare?

Great take! :)

Adam

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Sounded great for a POD Colin, very smooth...it's funny that you own a Bogner and you're using a model of it in the POD
...so how does it compare?

Great take!

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for the kind words, and I thought it was funny too ;) I like the XTC model on the PODxt because it sounds pretty fat, I find the PODxt can sound a little thin when its mixed in with "real" amps. I think its a good amp model, but doesn't sound that similar to my XTC. I live in an apartment and did that take late last night, I usually don't bother trying to record my Bogner at home, half stacks are kinda loud in apartments unfortunately ;):(:D

• Members
Originally posted by Kelly Anarchy

Yay my first post. Hello people, i'm Kelly and I suck
:(

Well I tried out the thing so here goes.

I'll post a better one later cause i'm tired from school at the moment and playing with a infected right thumb
:(

(Stupid ingrown nail... there's puss coming out of it)

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000179779_000030584.mp3

Good playing Kelly...welcome to the board. :)

• Members

Adam,

Thanks for the kind words, and I thought it was funny too
;)
I like the XTC model on the PODxt because it sounds pretty fat, I find the PODxt can sound a little thin when its mixed in with "real" amps. I think its a good amp model, but doesn't sound that similar to my XTC. I live in an apartment and did that take late last night, I usually don't bother trying to record my Bogner at home, half stacks are kinda loud in apartments unfortunately
;):(:D

I've been debating getting the add on packs for my PODxt Live...wondering if they're worth it.

I live in an apartment setting too, with a bitchy neighbor (an emotional male)...I use a Hotplate with my Legacy combo and mic it up with an SM57, then throw a big, thick sleeping bag over the whole thing...kind of a pain, but it sounds great. :)

• Members

Good playing Kelly...welcome to the board.

Thanks, I would do better, but I got this infection on the side of my thumb under the nail a few days ago so I can't really pick lol.

Been putting rubbing alcohol on it a few times a day though, and theres no more puss but still hurts like hell.

Pisses me off.

• Members

I've been debating getting the add on packs for my PODxt Live...wondering if they're worth it.

I live in an apartment setting too, with a bitchy neighbor (an emotional male)...I use a Hotplate with my Legacy combo and mic it up with an SM57, then throw a big, thick sleeping bag over the whole thing...kind of a pain, but it sounds great.

So was your clip recorded at low volume then? Sounded great :D I have always wondered about whether a hotplate would be a good route to try. I usually find I can get the XTC to sound good at lower than TV volumes, but its just not the same tone as when the power amp and speakers are working a bit, which is way too loud for apartment use. I might have to just buy one used and then sell it if it doesn't work out ;)

I think the PODxt add-on packs (I've got the live version too :D) are worth it, but I honestly haven't sat down with every model yet enough to get the good sounds out. I need to be in the right mood to enjoy tweaking at length, I usually just grab my acoustic most of the time - instant gratification :)

I bought the add-on packs as soon as I bought the podxt and justified it as being, a couple less nights at the bar and you've got a bunch more models to play with when you feel GAS coming on ;)

• Members

So was your clip recorded at low volume then? Sounded great
I have always wondered about whether a hotplate would be a good route to try. I usually find I can get the XTC to sound good at lower than TV volumes, but its just not the same tone as when the power amp and speakers are working a bit, which is way too loud for apartment use. I might have to just buy one used and then sell it if it doesn't work out
;)

I think the PODxt add-on packs (I've got the live version too
) are worth it, but I honestly haven't sat down with every model yet enough to get the good sounds out. I need to be in the right mood to enjoy tweaking at length, I usually just grab my acoustic most of the time - instant gratification

I bought the add-on packs as soon as I bought the podxt and justified it as being, a couple less nights at the bar and you've got a bunch more models to play with when you feel GAS coming on
;)

No :) ...the backing track and my take were all PODxt on this one...it had a bite but wasn't too harsh...I don't mind the PODxt...but a real amp just sounds more 3D, fuller, natural, it's hard to explain...

Your reasoning for buying add on packs is making sense to me...it's giving me modeller gas. :eek::D

• Members

No
...the backing track and my take were all PODxt on this one...it had a bite but wasn't too harsh...I don't mind the PODxt...but a real amp just sounds more 3D, fuller, natural, it's hard to explain...

Your reasoning for buying add on packs is making sense to me...it's giving me modeller gas.
:eek::D

Gotta love the PODxt then ;):D

You don't have to explain about the 3D-ness, natural feeling of a tube amp, I know it all too well :mad::D But you gotta love the options the PODxt gives you, eh? Recording silently is a godsend.

...give in to modeller gas! :eek: hahaha

• Members

Gotta love the PODxt then
;):D

You don't have to explain about the 3D-ness, natural feeling of a tube amp, I know it all too well
:mad::D
But you gotta love the options the PODxt gives you, eh? Recording silently is a godsend.

About the Hotplate...some amps it works great with...old Marshalls, smooth EL34 type amps, I find it works best with I find. It didn't help my 5150 sound better at all for some reason, I actually prefered the 5150 without it at low volumes. :confused:

A Hotplate with the Bogner would help it sound better at low volumes I would think...it works great with the Legacy...but the missing element about low volume...still the speakers aren't moving air.

• Members

About the Hotplate...some amps it works great with...old Marshalls, smooth EL34 type amps, I find it works best with I find. It didn't help my 5150 sound better at all for some reason, I actually prefered the 5150 without it at low volumes.
:confused:

A Hotplate with the Bogner would help it sound better at low volumes I would think...it works great with the Legacy...but the missing element about low volume...still the speakers aren't moving air.

See, that's what I always hear about the hotplate; it works best with nonMV amps. But if it works well with your legacy that's a good indicator it'd work with the XTC, they are similar amps for sure.

Archived