Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by leadfootdriver

That ain't to bad dude. You can play!
;)

Thanks Mick, I am pretty down after that take, I was not having fun and to me that is what guitar is about. But, saying that I do know I do not have my strenght back in my right hand and I am going to go and correct some things.

God my mike placement sucked :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Thanks Mick, I am pretty down after that take, I was not having fun and to me that is what guitar is about. But, saying that I do know I do not have my strenght back in my right hand and I am going to go and correct some things.

God my mike placement sucked
:mad:

What amp, cab and mic did you use for the take Scott, I mean Steve? :D

Steve

• Members

Well, said I would so here it is. I will have another one for this, I need to redeam myself
:(

http://home.comcast.net/~jwheeler12/This_is_bad_but_my_finger_hurts.mp3

{censored} Scott, I was expecting much worst from what you were describing. While it seemed a bit tentative at firstr, I thought it got better and better as the jam progressed. It's very good for somebody with a hurting finger :)

• Members

Phil, very nice out of the box stuff and digging the THD tone. I really need to get recording with my Aiken, god my tone blows
:(

Thanks Scott!
Ya know, on that one I used the Mesa Single Rectifier.

I'm looking forward to hearing that Aiken, how come you're not using it?

• Members
Originally posted by PhilBelanger

Thanks Scott!

Ya know, on that one I used the Mesa Single Rectifier.

I'm looking forward to hearing that Aiken, how come you're not using it?

Now you know why I do not play the guess the amp game :D As a matter of fact I am learning some recording stuff right now, the guitar is down for tonight. I also have to load my 4x12, the Flex is not the right cab for the Aiken, it just does not sound good through it.

Adding effects and mixdown 101 for me tonight :)

• Members
Originally posted by PhilBelanger

{censored} Scott, I was expecting much worst from what you were describing. While it seemed a bit tentative at firstr, I thought it got better and better as the jam progressed. It's very good for somebody with a hurting finger
:)

Thanks for the words Phil, but it is not happening at all. The tone sucked, I was out of my element big time. I have gotten so used to playing over blues that my rock improv is really lacking.

That being said I am using this in a positive way to redirect myself to other things like recording skills and working with rock jams to improve my improv. Yes the finger was sore but I will not use it as a crutch, I need to get better :)

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

What amp, cab and mic did you use for the take Scott, I mean Steve?
:D

Steve

My son hit my mic awhile a go so I stuck it at a 45 right at the cone, bad choice. HD-147, and other than quick or late night clips I am going to star using the Aiken. I need to get off the heavy robogain and sag of the Line6 to order to become better.

I will not fail, I will get better at this :mad:

• Members

finally made it, better late than never I guess!

RVS Lydian jamn? Is that the scale? lol

Here's the chain
Ibanez Jem/LP Custom >> Cornford RK100>>Marshall 1960 cab>>sonar 4 >> your ears

It was fun & a challenge to figure out wtf key/scale I was supposed to use. This take gets better as it goes along.
I'm gonna listen to everyone else's right now

Pat

• Members
Originally posted by Patrickjp

RVS Lydian jamn? Is that the scale? lol

Here's the chain

It was fun & a challenge to figure out wtf key/scale I was supposed to use. This take gets better as it goes along.

Pat

Ya...killer shred take Pat...very smooth tone...reminds me of Brian May's tone... :)

Loved the "fun with delay" part at 1:20... :D

• Members

Ya...killer shred take Pat...very smooth tone...reminds me of Brian May's tone...

Loved the "fun with delay" part at 1:20...
:D

thanks man, I just re-upped it with the "correct" mix.. I rushed to post this a little too quick :p

• Members

Here's the chain

Pat

Its not working for me:(

• Members

Here's the chain

Pat

Great tone and playing! My favorite take, I think.

• Members

thanks man, I just re-upped it with the "correct" mix.. I rushed to post this a little too quick
:p

This is great too...it has much more delay and reverb...I honestly liked your first 'less effected' mix I heard a little more, but it's whatever you're comfortable with... great take regardless Pat! :)

• Members

This is great too...it has much more delay and reverb...I honestly liked your first 'less effected' mix I heard a little more, but it's whatever you're comfortable with... great take regardless Pat!

yeah it was much too dry before for my ears and that's how I've been recording as of late since my quadraverb blew out. Time for some spacey sounds mang! :D
thanks again for posting this, really worked to get this sounding good

Archived