• Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Syrnett

i saw the headphones and thought it was eric johnson
;)

pretty cool bob... what axe is that?

-Erik

Que Red Neck Voice

I think its one o' dem dar Figiers. Them thangs s'posed to be handwoven in tha Figi Islands by natives if I ain't incorrect.

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

LOL!!! Yep, it's my Vigier Excalibur Original.

I want a freakin' fretless guitar but can't come up with the scratch for the Vigier! Darnit!

And also those snow camo pants were pretty darned cool!

Gary

• Members

I think the sound was Great Bob, Especially for a video camera. youre not being fair to yourself becuase youre comparing to the incredible stuff that you produce at home IMO. Ive saved this puppy!!!

One thing that I didnt like this time out was the sound of the Bad Horsie. I dont like the wah but you always make it sound great, it didnt work for me this time. Otherwise it was definitely cool stuff

I was disapointed that you didnt bless us with some of you r famous Whammy pedal work;) :D

• Members

Cool backing!

This 1 was deffinately begging for a Lydian assault. Unfortunately, I got bored with it, But I made it 'bout half way. 'Not feeling to inspired today.

But as requested, in the style of Vai, with a leadfootdriver arpeggio twist at the end.

Gear Chain:

Ibanez w/707's>Triaxis on Mark III>Simul 2:90>4x12 w/G12M70's>CAD E-100 mic

http://home.comcast.net/~sneil/rvsj.mp3

• Members

Not much action on this thread today...

Anyway, the audio on this video is terrible on my system, which probably means it's just plain bad. There's clicking and other weirdness and I have no idea where it's coming from, but I wanted to post it anyway because quite frankly, this video reminded me how bad my right hand technique is. Compare my right hand movement to that of Alex, and you'll see what I mean.

Anybody not on broadband, don't even think about it, the file is about 11.5 MB (audio quality is 64KB, so the MP3 is I posted is better).

Most likely my last home video...

By the way, use "save as..." because as soon as my bandwidth increases enough, this sucker is gone.

I was just thinking today it'd be cool to video a jam sometime as well...that's awesome Bob...I always like your 'going for it' experimental playing...kinda Vai meets Zappa. :cool:

You, Alex and Myron look like you are sorta bored when you play...I start giving my "oh" face when I play... :D

• Members
Originally posted by leadfootdriver

Cool backing!

This 1 was deffinately begging for a Lydian assault. Unfortunately, I got bored with it, But I made it 'bout half way. 'Not feeling to inspired today.

But as requested, in the style of Vai, with a leadfootdriver arpeggio twist at the end.

Gear Chain:

http://home.comcast.net/~sneil/rvsj.mp3

Great take with some really killer moments in there! You're a fish in water at this style. :cool:

• Members

Not much action on this thread today...

Anyway, the audio on this video is terrible on my system, which probably means it's just plain bad. There's clicking and other weirdness and I have no idea where it's coming from, but I wanted to post it anyway because quite frankly, this video reminded me how bad my right hand technique is. Compare my right hand movement to that of Alex, and you'll see what I mean.

Anybody not on broadband, don't even think about it, the file is about 11.5 MB (audio quality is 64KB, so the MP3 is I posted is better).

By the way, use "save as..." because as soon as my bandwidth increases enough, this sucker is gone.

Hey, that was a cool video with equally cool playing Bob !

• Members

Originally posted by leadfootdriver

Cool backing!

Gear Chain:

That was great Mick!

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Nice job Bob but what the hell were those pants
:eek:

Those are big, baggy, comfortable shorts, Hawaian style with flowers and leaves and stuff on them.

Originally posted by riffy

I want a freakin' fretless guitar but can't come up with the scratch for the Vigier! Darnit!

And also those snow camo pants were pretty darned cool!

Gary

Yeah, I'd love a Surfretter too, but no cash.

Those are flowers, not camo. :D

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I think the sound was Great Bob, Especially for a video camera. youre not being fair to yourself becuase youre comparing to the incredible stuff that you produce at home IMO. Ive saved this puppy!!!

One thing that I didnt like this time out was the sound of the Bad Horsie. I dont like the wah but you always make it sound great, it didnt work for me this time. Otherwise it was definitely cool stuff

I was disapointed that you didnt bless us with some of you r famous Whammy pedal work;)
:D

I wish my video camera could pull that kind of quality. I actually overlaid the mixed track, but the audio is 64Kb instead of 192 mp3.

Darn, I forgot to pull out the whammy. :D

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Bob, you look very different than I thought you would. That guitar rules. Does it have a carbon neck like some of the Vigiers?

How did you think I'd look? The neck on the Vigier isn't carbon, it's carbon reinforced. The neck itself is maple.

Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

I was just thinking today it'd be cool to video a jam sometime as well...that's awesome Bob...I always like your 'going for it' experimental playing...kinda Vai meets Zappa.
:cool:

You, Alex and Myron look like you are sorta bored when you play...I start giving my "oh" face when I play...
:D

LOL! Yeah, I was quite the showman in my day, but, I think my day has passed. :)

I don't know what the deal is with the crackling in the video, do you hear it?

Phil: Thanks man...

I need to listen to the other takes later today.

• Members

Guys! I am downloading your takes now!

Here is mine:

direct link: http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000154609_000030538.mp3

DSP page:
http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/detail.php?eltid=30538

Now this is something I've never done before!!! Lydian shreding, YAY!!!! :D I am playing Vai! :D

Suhr Classic --> Boss ds1--> Bogner Uberschall --> THD 2x12--> Shure SM57(V30)

• Members

Phil: Nice tone and experimental phrasing! Yes!:)

Mick: Lydian madness! :D Very very cool and vibey!

Randy: Liquid tone an phrasing to-die-for!~ Amazing!

Bob: Great stuff! That video is amazing! The phrasing and tone in your clip have all your signature touch, great!!!

Syrnett: Nice jam! LOUD guitar man! :D

• Members
Originally posted by Myron Stratis

Phil: Nice tone and experimental phrasing! Yes!
:)

LOL! If you mean experimental = sloppy, you got it right :) That's the trouble with posting a first take.

I certainly enjoyed yours, the Uber sure does not sound like a Uber. THe playing was flawless as usual.

Archived