***weekend Rock Jam***

Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Bob Savage

I don't know what the deal is with the crackling in the video, do you hear it?

I didn't have it turned up very loud when I first watched it so it wasn't very obvious on first listen...but ya, I can definately hear it, sounds sorta like digital clipping crackle? It's not all the time... :confused:
Otherwise the quality of the video/audio is very good for not being a huge file...and that guitar looks extremely nice (I forgot to mention) :)

• Members

Phil, very nice out of the box stuff and digging the THD tone. I really need to get recording with my Aiken, god my tone blows :(

Syrnett, you did what I should have done, stayed in control and just played some tasteful stuff, nice job.

Bob, killer always and once again great recording skills, if I make NAMM steaks are on me for several hours of production lessons.

Myron, already posted about your killer take.

JB, nice flowing lead man, once again I should have done the same.

Jazzbo, very cool take, loved the playing, very intense! Love 1:50, I have to learn that!

Mick, yup that would be Vai :D VEry cool and killer chops.

Whackmaster, nice chops and tone.

Michael, I am always blown away with your stuff and your creative ideas! Digging the back in the mix playing as well, it fits imo.

Great job guys and thanks again Adam for hosting the weekend jam!

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Well, said I would so here it is. I will have another one for this, I need to redeam myself
:(

http://home.comcast.net/~jwheeler12/This_is_bad_but_my_finger_hurts.mp3

Very cool take Scott...you're going for it...on the edge...I didn't know you could shred like that! :cool:

BTW...Where is our figure head? :D

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Very cool take Scott...you're going for it...on the edge...I didn't know you could shred like that!
:cool:

BTW...Where is our figure head?
:D

Being beaten by his 5' nothing Italian wife probably :D

Bro, I feel like crap with this one, I guess I still have much work to do with improv for rock type tracks. PLus my fingers are soft from the layup so holding notes is still tough.

Yup, pretty down on my playing at this time :(

• Members

Being beaten by his 5' nothing Italian wife probably

Bro, I feel like crap with this one, I guess I still have much work to do with improv for rock type tracks. PLus my fingers are soft from the layup so holding notes is still tough.

Yup, pretty down on my playing at this time
:(

:mad:
pffft....you are a Vlad clique member...hold your head up high for cryin' out loud!!! ...be proud of who you are damn you!!!

You did good!!! :cool:

• Members

So what...your fingers aren't finging?

Get on it!!

I know, I know haha
Btw, I agree, Myron.. your take was some of the best stuff I've heard you pull off!!
Mick, your take was also some of the best runs and sweeps I've ever heard you pull off too!

• Members

I didn't have it turned up very loud when I first watched it so it wasn't very obvious on first listen...but ya, I can definately hear it, sounds sorta like digital clipping crackle? It's not all the time...
:confused:
Otherwise the quality of the video/audio is very good for not being a huge file...and that guitar looks extremely nice (I forgot to mention)
:)

I took the mix file from Samplitude and put it in Vegas, so I guess Vegas can't handle that hot of a file. I actually dropped the volume on the channel I placed the audio file, but still, crackling.

Bob, killer always and once again great recording skills, if I make NAMM steaks are on me for several hours of production lessons.

Thanks, and make it dogs and ale's at Hollingshead's, and I can talk for hours. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Myron Stratis

Guys! I am downloading your takes now!

Here is mine:

direct link:
http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000154609_000030538.mp3

DSP page:

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/detail.php?eltid=30538

Now this is something I've never done before!!! Lydian shreding, YAY!!!!
I am playing Vai!

Suhr Classic --> Boss ds1--> Bogner Uberschall --> THD 2x12--> Shure SM57(V30)

Absolutely incredible, one of the best that Ive heard from you. Just perfect..... The tone is amongst the best that Ive heard form the Uber as well

This BT is too good to pass up and as soon as Im up and running, Im participating as well, Ive got some great Ideas for this one;)

Kage

• Members
Originally posted by Bob Savage

That's cheating!!! You're not supposed to have ideas going into it bro.

Not from other People Bro, I DL'd this the moment it hit and all these cool ideas popped up. Im not good enough to do the Bob Savage Shogun clip( where you play blindfolded and having never heard the track except for the actual recording);):cool:

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Not from other People Bro, I DL'd this the moment it hit and all these cool ideas popped up. Im not good enough to do the Bob Savage Shogun clip( where you play blindfolded and having never heard the track except for the actual recording)
;):cool:

Hahaha... nah, I wasn't talking about ideas from others, I mean even your own. :D

Archived