FREE Epiphone Zakk Wylde guitar!!!

4nkam

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My 2cents is to look at this way.

I can see a business giving away $132 in "gifts" for promotions if you buy $899 worth of product. Can you honestly see anyone giving away $899 in "gifts" because a person buys $132 worth of stuff? I for one do not know of any business that runs this way.

Rationalize all you want but I believe that the Epiphone site has it right. If you buy the guitar you get the little toy diecast chopper and a gift certificate. Not the other way around. I truly hope no one gets burned.

Remember the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true..."

• Members

Don't do it people, it is a scam to get your credit card numbers. All of the sites that are ran by Volusion for shopping all take you to a secure site to make a purchase, this does not. Plus if you go to the Volusion site 357 Customs is not listed as one of their clients.

• Members

Originally posted by MitchSchaft

Chad said it's legit, remember
:p
. You do'nt know who Chad is?

Could really give a {censored} who Chad is. :eek::D

All I know is I wouldn't take a chance. Especially for a guitar I wouldn't buy.

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against Epi's. It just seems people here are more in love with the deal posted here than the actual product. That's usually how they get you. If you do and win out then more power to you. All I'll do is shrug my shoulders and move on. :D

In all seriousness though if this does work out than some of you got a smoookin deal.

• Members

Is there the potential to capture credit card info? That's a possibility with any site. However, if it is hijacked, they went out of their way to appeal to complete revamp all products and throw in a deal for a free guitar? Let's say they didn't modify the items for sale, that means that 357 is actually offering that deal? The webmaster for 357 has direct contact with Zakk. They hacked a site run by a webmaster with direct links to Zakk who happens to endorse Gibson/Epiphone? I don't know. It could be a hoax but it's almost so carefully planned out that it seems legit.

Xwhois query for 64.49.233.159...

Results returned from whois.arin.net:

OrgName: World P2P.TV

OrgID: WORLDP-18

Address: 2770 La Cuesta

City: Los Angeles

StateProv: CA

PostalCode: 90046

NetRange: 64.49.233.0 - 64.49.233.255

CIDR: 64.49.233.0/24

NetName: RSPC-14754-1008621145

NetHandle: NET-64-49-233-0-1

Parent: NET-64-49-192-0-1

NetType: Reassigned

Comment:

RegDate: 2001-12-20

Updated: 2001-12-20

RTechHandle: CNS3-ORG-ARIN

RTechName: Cymitar Technology Group, Inc.

RTechPhone: +1-210-892-4000

RTechEmail: hostmaster@cymitar.net

• Members

I have a credit card that I no longer use any more but is active. I purchased this package last night. All this talk of a scam has gotten me nervous so I called my credit card company and they said that there was a pending authorization on this transaction to a music store in the Florida area.

Now I believe 357 choppers is based in Florida. In any event I had them close that account and reissue a new card and number. I haven't used this card in over a year so I'm only out $142.00 or so at worse case scenario. I can probably dispute this if I don't receive the mercandise as I've alerted my credit card company to possible fraud. At least I hope I can dispute it. The customer service rep told me I could. Best case scenario I get the guitar. We'll see.

• Members

Originally posted by HitTheLights23

going back to the company possibly filing for bankrupcy before march...

could the reason be that they are giving out $100 gift certificates in the deal to be so they can get rid of remaining merch before the close for good..just a thought. i dunno though

If you try to purchase any item other than the toy bikes, it says "Out Of Stock"

• Members

i have gone for it...{censored} it eh?

Reason being...I went to the main website:

http://www.357customs.com/

Placed the order ID in the shopping section.

And it came up. So it was part of the main site, not whisking you off to an identical but bogus website.

I needs me a backup plus my family will like the gifts from there anyway. Fingers crossed.

• Members

Originally posted by psychodave

I wouldnt waste my time for an Epiphone guitar. Even if GC was selling them for $100, I still wouldnt buy one. They are {censored}....

The Elitist versions are pretty high quality by my estimation. Also, the Epiphone USA series' quality is on par with the regular Gibsons unfortunatly so is their price.

• Members

Originally posted by crwnedblasphemy

Gift Certificate and certificate for redemption of the guitar will be shipped immediately. The Diecast Collectable will be shipped in 4-6 weeks.

That quote worries me a little.

I've pretty much ruled out the "site hacked" thing. But the "certificate of redemption" I'm wondring if the certificate will make you jump through more hoops to get the guitar.

• Members

People, this is LEGIT.

My name is Chad Dyer, webmaster for Zakk Wylde & Black Label Soceity and 357 Choppers.

It's real easy. We've got a monster marketing blitz on right now, and we're taking HUGE steps to get 357 Choppers name out there and get a solid buzz on it.

We're doing Choppers & promotions with Zakk, Allen Iverson, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, etc.

Those of you who are worried about a "site hack" and all that don't have any reason to be concerned. I posted this on our MySpace pages, all the BLS fan forums, our 357 Choppers site and the 357 Choppers SHOPPING CART. I run ALL those sites & pages.

The BLS fans know me, as I've been working with Zakk and all the BLS guys since 2001. This is no bull{censored}. I accept the fact that there's some non-believers out there, but when this deal gets done and everybody's got their guitars, the proof will be in the pudding.

Thank you all for your time.

-Chad

• Members

Originally posted by Chad Dyer

People, this is LEGIT.

My name is Chad Dyer, webmaster for Zakk Wylde & Black Label Soceity and 357 Choppers.

It's real easy. We've got a monster marketing blitz on right now, and we're taking HUGE steps to get 357 Choppers name out there and get a solid buzz on it.

We're doing Choppers & promotions with Zakk, Allen Iverson, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, etc.

Those of you who are worried about a "site hack" and all that don't have any reason to be concerned. I posted this on our MySpace pages, all the BLS fan forums, our 357 Choppers site and the 357 Choppers SHOPPING CART. I run ALL those sites & pages.

The BLS fans know me, as I've been working with Zakk and all the BLS guys since 2001. This is no bull{censored}. I accept the fact that there's some non-believers out there, but when this deal gets done and everybody's got their guitars, the proof will be in the pudding.

Thank you all for your time.

-Chad

Thanks for clearing this up Chad. Quick question - I bought one and chose the "check by mail" option for payment. When I did this it told me to send the check to some bogus address in Los Angeles with a 12345 zip code, which is obviously not correct for LA, wher all zips begin with 9...

Can you tell me where to send my check so I can be in on this deal?

Thanks,

Steve

Archived