FREE Epiphone Zakk Wylde guitar!!!

4nkam

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Chad Dyer

Yeah dude. We're friends. Great guy, love him like a brother.

-Chad

He seems like a cool dude. I'm just a little jealous of his hair, chops, guitars, fame, bikes, chicks, friends, house, cash etc.

• Members

Just placed the order.....my younger brother has been wanting a Les Paul type guitar for a while. I can't wait to give this to him.......only if he shares it of course:)

Thanks 4nk and Chad...great deal here. Definitely seemed to good to be true....you rarely see stuff like this.

• Members

i bit the bullet. there's like 12 pages to this post. everyone was back and forth with this thing. i only got through 4-5 pages, so i haven't real everything. but hell, the model's gonna rule, they have some nice apperal there, so i'll use the $100 towards that. whether or not the instrument comes, it's a cool deal. but if not, somebody else will be responsible. mainly those in crarge of posting this. they wont screw us.

• Members

Chad, I ordered one with the send check option, but I think I want to get the other 2 also and pay for all three with credit card. Is there a way to cancel the first order and resubmit it with the two new ones so I can pay for all three at once?

• Members

Originally posted by ncook

Chad, I ordered one with the send check option, but I think I want to get the other 2 also and pay for all three with credit card. Is there a way to cancel the first order and resubmit it with the two new ones so I can pay for all three at once?

You can go to your order and change the payment type:)

• Members

Originally posted by Chad Dyer

Because we use a MANAGED SHOPPING CART. Volusion manages it, I run it. It sits on THEIR server. They run carts for companies like Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us, etc. Believe me dude...we've got security handled.

-Chad

Chad,

I don't want to be construed as a prick here, honestly. However, a Boston-based health care company pays me big bucks to ensure people like your's personal health care information (PHI) remains secure in online systems and known only between you and your doctors.

To that, I'll reiterate that http: is a stateless, unsecure protocol. There is no encryption happening there, so I guess I fail to understand how this can be construed as "secure" whether or not your ASP 3.0 forms-based shopping cart app is running on managed web servers or not? :confused:

• Members

I have the exact same question. I ordered the Bullseye at first, then went ahead and got all 3 when you said we could have one of each. I chose "Pay by Check" for all three (both orders). I'd also like to pay with credit, since you assure us it's safe. Is this possible, or should I just send two checks?

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

Chad,

I don't want to be construed as a prick here, honestly. However, a Boston-based health care company pays me big bucks to ensure people like your's personal health care information (PHI) remains secure in online systems and known only between you and your doctors.

To that, I'll reiterate that http: is a stateless, unsecure protocol. There is no encryption happening there, so I guess I fail to understand how this can be construed as "secure" whether or not your ASP 3.0 forms-based shopping cart app is running on managed web servers or not?
:confused:

Nobody said 357 needed to be HIPAA compliant. Order with a check and live with peace of mind.:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by atbear

I have the exact same question. I ordered the Bullseye at first, then went ahead and got all 3 when you said we could have one of each. I chose "Pay by Check" for all three (both orders). I'd also like to pay with credit, since you assure us it's safe. Is this possible, or should I just send two checks?

I went in and clicked orders at the top of the page, went into my account and cancelled the first order, then I went back and added it to my shopping cart.

• Members

I went in and clicked orders at the top of the page, went into my account and cancelled the first order, then I went back and added it to my shopping cart.

That's cool, but I don't want to cancel my orders! What if I get left out?! Anyway, now that I think about it, I think paying by check will be fine... unless somehow I'm completely convinced of the online CC security.

• Members

That's cool, but I don't want to cancel my orders! What if I get left out?! Anyway, now that I think about it, I think paying by check will be fine... unless somehow I'm completely convinced of the online CC security.

Right, what's the hurry anyway? I could walk to Florida and deliver the check by hand, and it still won't be March or the time when the guitars ship out. Waiting a week for the check to clear is no skin off my back.

• Members

Originally posted by Ben J

Nobody said 357 needed to be HIPAA compliant. Order with a check and live with peace of mind.
:cool:

It's got nothing to do with HIPAA. Bill's right. Anybody with a packet grabber can reconstruct an http request and view all the information sent across a pipe. If it's not Https there's NO WAY IN {censored} you'll catch me sending any money through it. No way, no how.

• Members

Originally posted by shredhead666

It's got nothing to do with HIPAA. Bill's right. Anybody with a packet grabber can reconstruct an http request and view all the information sent across a pipe. If it's not Https there's NO WAY IN {censored} you'll catch me sending any money through it. No way, no how.

What do you mean? PHI protection has everything to do with HIPAA.

Anyway, I agree with you on the non-encrypted thing. That's I've opted to pay by check.

• Members

I think its better to pay by credit card. From my experience, credit card companies are more diligent about ensuring online transactions than banks are about check transactions. Right now my order is under "payment by mail". I'll wait til Monday, get confirmation that 357 is in fact sponsoring this (which I'm sure they are), then change my payment option to "credit" on their web site. That way, if 357 renegs or goes belly up between now and March, I've got a credit card company listening to me about an online transaction rather than a bank that could care less.

• Members

Chad,

To that, I'll reiterate that http: is a stateless, unsecure protocol. There is no encryption happening there, so I guess I fail to understand how this can be construed as "secure" whether or not your ASP 3.0 forms-based shopping cart app is running on managed web servers or not?

looks like it may just be a case of the "shop" link mistakenly being pointed to http://64.49.233.159/ instead of https://64.49.233.159/

• Members

Originally posted by Ben J

What do you mean? PHI protection has
everything
to do with HIPAA.

Yes, it does. But I was only using that to set a baseline that I'm not some web-idiot.

My question is really more so meant as a sanity check for Chad. In these days of identity theft, I'm sure his company would get a LOT more business online if he was able to sort the security "perception problem."

This coming from a longtime Biker who rides hard and wishes 357 all the luck in the world... I certainly don't want to start some flame-fest here!

• Members

Originally posted by mal1c3

looks like it may just be a case of the "shop" link mistakenly being pointed to
instead of

That seems to solve the problem, order using https://64.49.233.159/ and you have encryption. The cert said it doesnt match the name of the site but its still encrypted and is issued to 357customs.

Actually I just added a "s" behind the http on the shopping cart page and it redirected to a secure port. I dont think thats standard practice but if your going to use a card, thats what I'd do.

Archived