FREE Epiphone Zakk Wylde guitar!!!

4nkam

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All this fuss over an Epi, I still don't get it. (just kidding... sort of).

How's life? I've not been around for a while and not much when I was anyway, and I never go to the ZW site (never did) or the SD site (never did before anyway), but I'm not surprised that nothing ever happened with it. If I was ZW's PR guy, I'd have convinced him to accept liability, shell out $100-200K and make everyone happy, apologize for the Chad "Fraud-man" Dyer's actions and made 10 times that back in a month by all the good press and good will. But, to each their own. I guess if they did the right thing, then there'd be no room for humor.

• Members

Me, I got my $146 back via a charge back from my CC company. But only cuz I did this VERY early on and had screen shots of my shopping cart showing the transaction and delivery status as undelivered. Then when they went "offline," my company was like "ok" and gave me my money back.

But I feel bad for those folks who bought like (3) of these and lost it all. Major suckage.

• Members

:snax:

The "almost" funny part is that what Zakk's :lem: "people" claim :lem: to have spent for his Attorneys to cover up for his Friends, Daniel Baugess, Tim Bolin and Chad Dyer; he could have just bought every :lem: Victim an epi LP and been a Hero. :lem: Oh, well he still has his three good friends that raped his fan base.

:lem:

The only one in the BLS :lem: camp that survived IMO this ordeal with their integrity intact was Nick because he came out early on and apologized and recommended People get out. (Prior to the blanket denials from Zakk, Bob et all, back when they knew, before they didn't know)That was when Bob, Zakk :lem: and everyone else in the BLS :lem: camp were still saying to Give Chad and Danny boy "time" to make good basically creating the situation which caused many to Not be able to get their chargebacks.

SDMF'er :lem:

• Members

Exactly what I said before a year or two ago, he could have used the lawyer money to pay people back (not even buy them the guitar). He was liable, but it was too difficult for people to get a class action together and the fact it would have cost them more (even if they did win) to get a good lawyer willing to take it on (none would agree to do it for a percentage of the winnings due to so few people being made aware of it all). Jeffrey (Zakk) was (and is) still good pals with Chad, whom caused all of this. I actually don't believe he paid out a lot of money for the lawyers, because they never pursued Dan, they dropped the case. There was a lot of weird stuff going on, but Chad was still running the site many months later, until I exposed the fact he was still entrusted by Zakk and Bob to run the site.

No way was Zakk unaware *why* he was posing with those lame die cast toys for "357", so it just proved that Zakk was not only liable, but involved. I don't think he intended for people to get ripped off/scammed, but when it didn't go well, he claimed ignorance (even when his wife, Barbaranne) was proven to have been heavily involved, along with Chad Dyer, from the start -- thus really making it important he do the right thing. It's really unfortunate when people are able to get away with things like that, and they all did. It just let a lot of us know whom in the industry not to trust. It did really put the icing on the cake, so to speak, when Zakk was too much of a punk to even apologize -- let alone to have blamed the victims.

I had just found a lot of compelling evidence that they all ignored and didn't respond to, when they did make excuses or lie further (before and while, as well as after it all was exposed). I wasn't even involved in the fiasco, as I knew it was some scam from the start (just knowing how it works and knowing what type of person Chad Dyer was), and even then, after some people I knew were getting scammed by the looks of it, I made some calls and contacts and found out things that begged asking.

However, when I did ask early on at the ZW forums, Chad Dyer banned me each time I came back with a new IP and username, and deleted the posts with just polite, reasonable and on topic questions about the "promotion", and that's when I knew very early on that things were completely sideways. I had wrongly assumed at the time that management, Zakk and Barbaranne weren't aware of what Chad was promoting and promising -- but Bob and Barbaranne only confirmed it and that it was legitimate.

I'm unsure how that all was so easily taken by so many of their blind fan base that they got defensive and claimed Zakk, Barb and Bob never knew and they weren't even willing to act semi-decently. I still conclude that all of these pathetic jokers can just go to hell. Speaking of, for some odd reason, out of all of this, it never seemed to affect any of Chad's corny so-called "web design" business with "Naturally Wired Designs". Indeed, it's amazing what people can get away with. Anyway, I've been glad to have been done with keeping up or involved in this nonsense for a long time now, I find I'm far less annoyed and angry dealing with those clueless thieves or even talking about it. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I hope the admins lock this thread so it stops getting dragged back up. After all, I agree, it was just an Epiphone Les Paul (though it's the principal (or lack thereof) that mattered, and nothing's going to change what happened).

Archived