Looks like Tookie got the needle

dreamspace

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

Guys......

Come on...

Who the {censored} cares about a religious outlook on this....

Religion is nothing more than a man made opinion based on his own insecurities...there are no facts to it at all....

Bottom line is that one big piece of {censored} got what he deserved....It should have been sooner.

For all those who try to make a logical choice based on religion and their own beleifs.... it's pointless.

I would bet you all a million dollars that if it was your family member that got killed by this piece of {censored}.....your view would be completely different.... I don't care what fairy tale you beleive in.

When it hits home, and logic and intelligence takes over, there is no BS religion.

Steve

I disagree. It's an important point. Personaly, I don't care about religion. But in the US, a majority of people are christians. At the same time, a majority of people are for the death penalty. There must be some kind of mistake somewhere.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

But.... Isn't death penalty murder ? How is that interpretation changing anything ?

How can a baby be unborn ? Isn't it called a foetus in that case ? Please reformulate your question in proper english so I can answer properly.

You understand my question. And no, the death penalty isn't murder.

• Members

I disagree. It's an important point. Personaly, I don't care about religion. But in the US, a majority of people are christians. At the same time, a majority of people are for the death penalty. There must be some kind of mistake somewhere.

Like I said.....

There is a huge mistake...

Read my previous post....

That is the problem with ignorant morons making their own interpretation of a fairy tale...

All you will get out of it is a million different versions of pure nothing.

The only thing I've ever seen religion, christianity, etc create is a large number of confused, brainwashed, mindless idiots that have nothing to do but push their ignorance on those around them...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

Like I said.....

There is a huge mistake...

Read my previous post....

That is the problem with ignorant morons making their own interpretation of a fairy tale...

All you will get out of it is a million different versions of pure nothing.

The only thing I've ever seen religion, christianity, etc create is a large number of confused, brainwashed, mindless idiots that have nothing to do but push their ignorance on those around them...

Steve

Please don't be anti-american !! You live in a nation UNDER GOD !! It's a fact !!

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

I don't find that still life very impressive. I don't think Hitler was much of an artist.

The point is, just because you have an artistic talent, be it for writing children's books or painting landscapes and flowers, that should not qualify for escaping justice.

• Members

Originally posted by RockNote

The point is, just because you have an artistic talent, be it for writing children's books or painting landscapes and flowers, that should not qualify for escaping justice.

Noone talked about ecaping justice. Some people just think death penalty has nothing to do with justice.

• Members

Noone talked about ecaping justice. Some people just think death penalty has nothing to do with justice.

I am just making sure I get my original point across - it was in danger of being side-tracked by something irrelevant, viz. Hitler's artistic merits.

• Members
Originally posted by RockNote

I am just making sure I get my original point across - it was in danger of being side-tracked by something irrelevant, viz. Hitler's artistic merits.

Too late man. When Hitler/nazi/SS/Mengele is brought up in a thread, said thread is doomed to complete oblivion in no time. You will NOT save that thread !! Be sure absolutely no point will get across, no matter what. It's a basic internet law. :D

• Members

Too late man. When Hitler/nazi/SS/Mengele is brought up in a thread, said thread is doomed to complete oblivion in no time. You will NOT save that thread !! Be sure absolutely no point will get across, no matter what. It's a basic internet law.
:D

Yes, I suspected that might be the case. However, having trawled through the entire thread, I detect only this one instance (two posters on this theme). You don't have much faith in our fellow forumites, do you? How does that square with your views on the death penalty? ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

One of the biggest mistakes HERE is, that Schwarzenegger still has the rights to own an austrian EU-passport. This was the third time that he denied the chance . . .

That's because he's as American as strudel...I mean, apple pie, yeah that's it... ;)

• Members

I still don't understand how all this fundie christians who voted for Bush and are in favor of the death penalty can rationalize their political choice with the "thou shall not kill" commandment.

JAck....

Don't know if you have been addressed yet...but since you are quoting scritpure (10 Commandments IS scripture?)

It also says an "eye for an eye".

So Scripture would apprently give us leeway to think for ourselves....to settle or own differences and problems.

The Bible is a guidline for us. It gives us things to think about. I just can't tell you to take it literally. To follow it word for word over such a span of time, language, culture and technoloy would be abit incredulous.

Of course, use it to suit your own agenda like everyone else does.

• Members

No sorry I don't understand your question. So please explain how death penalty isn't murder ?

While I actually agree with you, the death penalty is NOT murder. Murder is defined by the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I wont celebrate the mans death but I fell that justice was served IMO. However, If it was the {censored}heel who killed my uncle, Id be lying if I said that I wasnt happy

I agree Kage. There is no winner. There's no celebration. We've done what we think is the best thing to do.

WHo can say if the man would have done anything good form here on out. But that is the price we must pay.

• Members

Taliban, terrorists,... it's all the same. A lot of you are really taken in the propaganda.

And again if you guys overseas didn't learned anything in school: Hitler lived more than 60 years ago. I didn't know him. So who the {censored} cares? Or do you need an apology for eveything? Seems so.

• Members
Originally posted by Knut E Evenmo

Would it be wrong to look at it as a bigger picture and say "what`s in the world`s best interest" about an issue? Why does it have to be "us and them"?
:)

(I`m not talking about any concrete issue here, just generalizing)

No, by all means we should show consideration for the world's best interests. But not if it means the US getting ass-{censored}ed as a result (which most of the time it does). :p

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

While I actually agree with you, the death penalty is NOT murder. Murder is defined by the
unlawful
killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

It's actually only one definition of murder. In many other language/countries, like mine for instance, the definition does not refer to law at all. So...

• Members

Tookie determined his own fate. He was offered clemency by Schartzenegger on certain conditions. Those of which being that he would actually finally have to admit his guilt and offer an apology and show some remorse. Schwartzenegger also wanted him to come clean on a couple of other Crips-related cases where his information would help in bringing others to justice for various crimes.

Tookie wouldn't own up to his crimes and ultimately payed the price. His fate was in his own hands hours before his death.

• Members

Originally posted by Primex

Taliban, terrorists,... it's all the same. A lot of you are really taken in the propaganda.

And again if you guys overseas didn't learned anything in school: Hitler lived more than 60 years ago. I didn't know him. So who the {censored} cares? Or do you need an apology for eveything? Seems so.

ur teh funny

Archived