Looks like Tookie got the needle

dreamspace

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

Probably not, since there's no such place...

But the good part about the lethal injection is that the first chemical paralyzes you, then for the next 12-15 minutes it feels like you are burning up on fire from the inside out...

Silent torture...

Steve

Incorrect.

The first drug is a powerful sedative, given at about 5 times the lethal dosage. The prisoner is made VERY unconscious. The second chemical is the paralytic that stops breathing, the last chemical stops the heart.

It would be a humane way to put down a dog, and thus a human as well.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by SkidMarx

capitalism doesn't work? How so? It's working pretty good for me

Short sightedness at its best. You illustrate very well a common state of mind (on this forum at least).

Others are starving ? I don't care.

Large percentage of the population under poverty line ? I don't care.

Large number of people completely illiterate ? I don't care.

One percent of the total population in Prison ? I don't care.

Nation's wealth largely based on war against other countries ? I don't care.

My own country is polluting the planet like nobody's business ? I don't care.

My own gov is advocating torture ? I don't care.

We put ourselves in such a mess that we now need to torture people to defend ourselves ? I don't care.

etc. etc.

I'm a rich mother{censored}er who doesn't give a {censored} about anything or anyone so capitalism does work.

• Members
Originally posted by shredhead666

Haha, you're just mad because we have a prez who has OUR best interests in mind now instead of the rest of the world's. .

Would it be wrong to look at it as a bigger picture and say "what`s in the world`s best interest" about an issue? Why does it have to be "us and them"? :)

(I`m not talking about any concrete issue here, just generalizing)

• Members
Originally posted by Knut E Evenmo

If he did what he was convicted for doing --> No tears from me.

On the other hand--> You should have something very close to a
picture
of someone doing something in order to sentence them to death. One innocent in the chair/needle etc is one too many.

Just IMHO.

:)

I agree with this completely. And the thing which gave me pause with Tookie Williams is that the evidence wasn't as conclusive as I'd like. Shotgun shells were matched by one expert who had other analyses turned over in court... no second opinion. Eye witnesses were all fellow murderes and gang bangers who were reportedly enticed by police with quashed investigations into their own activities if they'd turn in "The Big Dog." etc.

Not exactly Jeffrey Dahmer-level evidence here.

Yet his failure to even address the murders at any level except "I didn't do it" is disheartening. He even seemed to resent the families of the victims at times, because their loved ones' deaths put him on The Row.

But it was his in-prison pre-redemption behavior that I find most telling. It completely verifies the remorseless violence described by all the trial witnesses. It wasn't until the solitary confinement that he rethought his position in the world.

I also find it interesting how many celebrities took up his case. Joan Baez... Snoop Dogg... Warren Beatty... you name it.

• Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Short sightedness at its best. You illustrate very well a common state of mind (on this forum at least).

Others are starving ? I don't care.

Large percentage of the population under poverty line ? I don't care.

Large number of people completely illiterate ? I don't care.

One percent of the total population in Prison ? I don't care.

Nation's wealth largely based on war against other countries ? I don't care.

My own country is polluting the planet like nobody's business ? I don't care.

My own gov is advocating torture ? I don't care.

We put ourselves in such a mess that we now need to torture people to defend ourselves ? I don't care.

etc. etc.

I'm a rich mother{censored}er who doesn't giive a {censored} about anything or anyone so capitalism does work.

If somebody is starving in this country it is most likely because they will not go to the homeless shelter and get some food. Even our "starving" are eating well compared to truly starving populations (Africa comes to mind).

America is one of the wealthiest countries on the planet and it's not because we went to war with other countries and took all of their gold like a bunch of pirates. Capitalism isn't too bad. Not perfect, but not too damned bad.

There are millions, if not billions of people in this world who would love to live like our poor live.

Our country is one of the cleanest for our population size. Go look at China if you want to talk polution.

Your version of "torture" and mine are very different.

• Members

Originally posted by bstaley

If somebody is starving in this country it is most likely because they will not go to the homeless shelter and get some food. Even our "starving" are eating well compared to truly starving populations (Africa comes to mind).

America is one of the wealthiest countries on the planet and it's not because we went to war with other countries and took all of their gold like a bunch of pirates. Capitalism isn't too bad. Not perfect, but not too damned bad.

There are millions, if not billions of people in this world who would love to live like our poor live.

Our country is one of the cleanest for our population size. Go look at China if you want to talk polution.

Your version of "torture" and mine are very different.

Everything's allright then. I'm a rich mother{censored}er too. Capitalism is cool !

• Members

I still don't understand how all this fundie christians who voted for Bush and are in favor of the death penalty can rationalize their political choice with the "thou shall not kill" commandment.

I actually had a similar discussion with a co-worker yesterday. I asked him, "As a hardcore Christian and a Republican who believes in the death penalty, don't you find it ironic that you completely believe in passing judgement and penalty on someone who supposedly only God can judge a man/woman?" He kind of side-stepped answering it, though, saying that we can judge them on Earth, just not their soul.

• Members

I still don't understand how all this fundie christians who voted for Bush and are in favor of the death penalty can rationalize their political choice with the "thou shall not kill" commandment.

Because the vast majority os "Christians" have their head so far up their ass, they don't even know what they themselves are preaching.

It's actually quite sad to see such a high level of brainwashed ignorant people.

But like they say...

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.....

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by Markus RN

So what does that say about a nation who let Hitler rise to power?

Never forget.

-Mark

I didn't elect Hitler. I wasn't on earth at this time. Additionaly I do not know how the people could follow this turanny.

• Members

I still don't understand how you can give us advice when your country burned recently due to it's policies.

• Members

Originally posted by Primex

You americans sucks definitly. But probably that's not a news for ya. The whole world is laughing about the stupid american folk.

I would say we practice these methods of killing people some hundred years ago. And thats time were you mentaly live.

Good luck.

if you're going to insult Americans, at least try learning the language first =0)

• Members
Originally posted by SuperStrat

Five years of German many, many moons ago, gives me just enough to read between the lines on this one.
:D

It translated roughly to this;

Chew my bag, your mother sucks goats and you sister rides bicycles without seats and is whore for the army

eat my dick and have a nice day!!!

Of course it is a grammatical nightmare courtesy of Babelfish!!!

Kage

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

I still don't understand how you can give us advice when your country burned recently due to it's policies.

First, I didn't gave you or your country any advice. Secondly, I don't care about my country either. Like I told before, I'm a rich mother{censored}er like Skidmarx or BStaley. As a result of this, I didn't see a single car burning. Nowhere. To me nothing burned. I saw it on TV just like you. I still think the situation is much better where I live than in most other places. I won't even start to compare with your own country since you seem to me a bit over sensitive with your nationalistic feelings.

• Members

Many interpret that commandment as "thou shall not murder", not "thou shall not kill".

Do you have the same problem understanding liberals who are against executing a convicted killer but have no problem snuffing unborn babies?

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

Many interpret that commandment as "thou shall not murder", not "thou shall not kill".

But.... Isn't death penalty murder ? How is that interpretation changing anything ?

Originally posted by GCDEF

Do you have the same problem understanding liberals who are against executing a convicted killer but have no problem snuffing unborn babies?

How can a baby be unborn ? Isn't it called a foetus in that case ? Please reformulate your question in proper english so I can answer properly.

• Members

You americans sucks definitly. But probably that's not a news for ya. The whole world is laughing about the stupid american folk.

I would say we practice these methods of killing people some hundred years ago. And thats time were you mentaly live.

Good luck.

Thanks for being so compasionate. You jealous moron. Williams represents chaos and murder. I guess your in favor of that.

• Members

This is everything I wanted to know
;)
You are a perfect american guy IHMO! Thx. This post shows me how naive you are.

And: I didn't vote for Mrs. Merkel.

Coming from somebody who thinks the US were he bad guys for going after the Taliban. I wonder how differently you would feel if they were hiding people responcible for attacking Your country. And openly condoning the actions.

But then again,....You might just try and bake them some cookies instead. Maybe we should have tried that:rolleyes:

Naivety is in the eye of the beholder I guess.:wave:

Archived