Looks like Tookie got the needle

dreamspace

• Members
Originally posted by Shovelhead

The fact that you feel the need to deny the existence of God FIVE times in an Amp forum on the internet is telling. I'm going to assume that you're smart enough to know that you're not going to change a person's belief by doing this, right? Ok then, there's only one more reason that I can think of that you feel the need to keep repeating it: to convince yourself because you're not really sure.

:idea:

Click your heels together three times and repeat over and over "There IS no God... there IS no God...".

I tried that for god and santa...
but everyone keeps bringing them up...:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by TWPietz37

I agree with 99% of this statement. However, I am against the death pentalty for the simple fact that it is irreversible in the even that the person ends up being innocent.

However, I do not think Tookie should have been granted clemency. Why? Because from a legal standpoint, he was sentenced to death, and I don't believe anything he did really makes up for the fact that he's a cold-blooded killer.

Tyler

The only time I feel it's right is if there is 100% that the person did what they were accused of. In this case...he only got caught for 4...

There is probably 100 others in his wake...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

Not all murderers should be killed via death penalty..

EX: The idiot who makes a horribly wrong mistake of getting drunk, driving, and killing someone....

That person never thought about murder, though it was a stupid choice....

This is not the best example in my book. Say, this drunk punk ran someone over very dear to me. I can easily imagine myself being so upset and outraged by this that I, in a fury, would attack and kill the driver. NB: This is not something I would rationally do, but in a fit of dispair it could happen (pray it never will). What should happen to me? As I see it, nothing. It may be an act of vengence, but it is an act of justice no less.

• Members
Originally posted by bds9487

LOL! Here's what the free translations sites came up with:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Let us chew mean bags, you are their nut/mother sucks goats and your sister drives bicycle without seats. It is also a Dirne for the army.

Eat my sausage and have you a good day

http://ets.freetranslation.com/

You chew are sucks hesitated my bag, you an asshole your mother and go your sister bicycle without seats. It is also a harlot for the army.

Eat my sausage and have you a good day

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by mysticaxe

3. Is there any denying that the cost of incarceration of such an individual (especially over 24 years) is, well, obscene?

- The number that sticks in my head is about $500K/yr.

4. Are there better things California (in this case) could be doing with that money?

- Education, economic development, updating infrastructure...

- If you provide kids with a better education, they may not be in that position in the first place...

The death penalty is a terrible thing, but for certain individuals, it has to be a viable solution. I'm not happy that they had to kill him, but I see it as the best choice in a terrible situation, and am sorry for the families involved that the whole mess got dragged out over 24 years.

Fwiw, the avg annual cost per inmate in Illinois is around 33k.

• Members
Originally posted by T113

- Primex (from Germany)

That flushing sound was your credibility.

:wave:

lt-owned-01.jpg

I know whats your position. I didn't want to say that I don't care about things he's done, no way. I know that we have to prevent that something like this will happen again.
My point of view was that a lot of people refered Hitler as answer to my sences what I can't understand. Hitler has (nearly) nothing to do with the present, ok?

• Members

Originally posted by Primex

Hmm,

okok, I just want to say sorry for the bad words I've written.

First of all, when I say "america" than I mean the system and GWB. That's not a way of differentation. But, GWB has been elected by the american folk. I can't understand how people can accept or addict such methods like killing people (no matter what they did), attack whole countrys (Afghanistan,...), and so on. America always affirm that they fight for peace and will bring peace on earth. I think everything is just a big lie.

I'm against death penalty (no matter what people did) and war!

Question to the death penalty supporter: What's about a murder who has learned to know what live is? I mean a murder who regret all his things he did! Isn't it possible that he completly changed his mind?

You don't understand: the death penalty is not about making a murderer see the light or change his ways. It's removing a disfunctional cog of society. For example, you have a tube go bad in your amp, do you try to convince it to work? NO... you remove it and throw it out.... THat's cold but sometimes you have to make hard choices for the greater good...

• Members
Originally posted by satannica

I

While we're at it, Jeffery Dahmer... he's learned his lesson - look at that hound-dog expression! I say we club togeher and get him a present!!!
:o
)

Jon

Um, Dahmer was beaten to death about 8 years ago ( I think on the time line) with one of those janitor bucket mop wringers.

I don't believe in the death penalty, basically because it can get innocent people and probably has. In principle I believe the state has a right to defend itself from legitimate threats and put it's enemies to death i.e. terrorists, enemy soldiers, criminals, whatever, but man, to clinically, methodically, ritualistically take a person's life when there could be innocence and your dependant on circumstantial evidence or testimony of unreliable humans and decisions based on the intellectual capacity of 12 individuals. Heck, read my signature, what's the difference.? Besides we live in a country that murders about a million plus innocent babies every year. How can we call a government that tolerates this legitimate? Heck, Nazi Germany didn't do that much killing. I think the whole thing is just {censored}e up. He killed people, we kill him.

Sometimes I think we should pray that God comes down and kills us all, we certainly seem to deserve it.

• Members

Just came up with a cool idea....

It won't cost the tax payers any more money than a day in jail...

When someone is sentenced to death, they should just put the person in general population at a max security prison....
The warden just tells the inmates to kill him.....rape him, torure him, whatever...
Done...
Problem solved...
:D:D:D:D:D

• Members
Originally posted by SkidMarx

if you mean me, you are completely wrong. I am not in the Jesus club anymore, Jack. So my beliefs have nothing to do with religion. Nor should we pas laws based on religion. So your post is dumb, so there.
:p

I wasn't talking to you in that post. Stop the paranoia !! Just look around you and maybe, maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about.... Or not...

• Members

Originally posted by SkidMarx

not some people, few people. Here MOST believe it is necessary and just. You don't have o like it nd quite frankly the more absurd crap you drop here on this the more I am 100% convinced it's the right thing to do. Besides, you lost this argument at approx. 12:30 AM this morning. While you are crying over Tookie I am thinking of the families and how they waited 26 years for this. God bless them. Do you have anything for them, or are you going to call them murderers too like some have called Arnold?

I don't care about tookie. It's not about tookie at all, but about death penalty. I didn't lose any argument because there is no argument here. All civilized countries around the world have settled the issue. Why the US stays behind is quite the mystery for a lot of people, not a few.

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

People on the anti-death penalty are asking "pro" DP to remain objective...

And So should it aplly to ALL sides.

Someone made the remark that the DP is more expensive than life.

You say "Just one innocent's death makes it unjustifiable".

These two points are not DIRECTLY related to the "justice" or "morality" of the death penalty.

These two points are the result of an INEFFECTIVE system.

25 years to administer the punishment is FAR too long. So yes...it's nearly a life sentence already.

If the State cannot prove "BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF DOUBT" guilt, then no, he shouldn't be executed. To do otherwise is a FLAW IN THE SYSTEM.

It does not negate or disprove the merits of the Death Penalty. IT proves are justice system is faulty.

That argument of yours is old and wrong at the same time. It's exactly like saying communism isn't wrong, it's the system that is ineffective. Let's try again. Would you agree with that ?

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

no, it's over YOUR head pal... read my last post as well

Sorry, I read it and I think you missed the issue completely. Noone said killing is the same as murdering. I said death penalty is murder. Do you see the difference between those two assertions ? So now address the issue and we'll see if I'm wrong.

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

He's got a point, and a purposefully flawed analogy won't get you out of dodge

No man, again you missed the issue. He can't have a point when there is an obvious logical flaw in his argument. My analogy just served to illustrate that flaw more obviously. Sorry you didn't get it.

• Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

No we are talking about the meaning of words, concepts etc. Sorry it's over your head.

and I defined the difference between murder and killing...

how are you not getting it?

I don't think you were the actual individual trying to use them interchangably, but it still applies to your comment against shredhead's post...

Archived