Looks like Tookie got the needle

dreamspace

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Okay, Jack. I grant you EVERYTHING you say.

It's just my opinion.

When are we ditching:

Automobiles

Airplanes

And anything else that kills innocent people?

Oh yeah! That's right! I guess we have to ditch PEOPLE that kill innocents as well! After all, if we follow your LOGIC...we can't have anything on the planet that kills innocent people.

Talk about flawed logic!

(For the sake of argument Jack. I am no Logics expert).

No my logic is not flawed. You forgot one hypothesis : "It would be very easy to do without the death penalty since other western countries are doing just fine without it."

You'll agree we absolutely cannot do without planes or cars.

You'll also agree by the same token that since it's working fine in other western countries, we can protect innocent people without the death penalty. So there.

• Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

No my logic is not flawed. You forgot one hypothesis : "It would be very easy to do without the death penalty since other western countries are doing just fine without it."

You'll agree we absolutely cannot do without planes or cars.

You'll also agree by the same token that since it's working fine in other western countries, we can protect innocent people without the death penalty. So there.

Oh I see.

So you use your HARDLINE logic ONLY when it suits you to do so?

I disagree that other countries are protecting their citizens.

If there are less murders...you must prove to me that it is because of not using the death penalty.

I wait.

• Members

Oh I see.

So you use your HARDLINE logic ONLY when it suits you to do so?

No, I always use logic when I discuss a serious topic.

I disagree that other countries are protecting their citizens.

If there are less murders...you must prove to me that it is because of not using the death penalty.

I wait.

Again, you are using faulty logic. I absolutely cannot prove there is less murders because of not using the death penalty. For example, I cannot for sure prove that unicorns do not exist. But, hey, the burden of the proof lies in the hands of the one who makes extraordinary claims. For example, that death penalty is actually a rational choice or useful to society.

On the other hand, all other things being equal, it seems that crime rates and detainment statistics are not worse in other western countries without death penalty than in the US (on the contrary, they look better on average). Therefore, unless you can explain why the situation is so different in the US that you actually need the death penalty and all hell would break loose without it, it follows that death penalty is not needed.

• Members

Originally posted by dissonance

Actually you guys tried to exterminate the Jews less than 100 hundred years ago cause you were cry babies about WW1. You are certainly one to talk about executing a murderer and creator of a violent gang... You guys fell in love with Adolf Hitler and you're trying to give us {censored} about Bush?

{censored} off you butthead. I wrote it several times in the thread but you {censored}ing american guys wont understand it.

• Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Yeah, no problem with that, but I prefer to bash them all.

At least the US of A (or certain states of it) stopped to execute children (march 2005 - wow) and mentally ill.

So there's still some hope that the US of A will stop this crap one day . . . . .

Da gebe ich dir sehr Recht. Ich hoffe du hast gemerkt, dass das amerikanische Folk wirklich so dumm ist, wie es bisher sch

• Members

Originally posted by maz_master

And, the nation that sucked Saddam Hussein's cock isn't credible either. {censored} yourself, asshole. If it weren't for us, you'd still be sucking Hitler's cock too.

blabla...everytime the same answers. America is lost in time machine anno 1500.

• Members
Originally posted by snakum

That's not what I'm saying, I dunno about the other guy you're arguing with, though.

What I'm saying is that you're painting an entire people with the Bush Brush, while at the same time we could paint all Germans with the Hitler Brush, and that is astronomically worse. I didn't vote for Bush and I'll be happy when he's gone, but for a German citizen to throw rocks at an American over Bush's policies is beyond laughable.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, mein bruder.
:D

Actually, that argument seems a bit strange to me. While I absolutely do not agree with primex when he's generalizing on all american people, he has as much right as anyone else to criticize Bush policies and there's nothing laughable about criticizing Bush as long as the arguments are sound and logical.

• Members

I think the correct way to address a friend would be "bist du" instead of "sind Sie". The later sounds much too serious, especially coming from you, Kage !! You sound like an old english lady speaking german !!

I was often accused of being too friendly when in the northern part of the country, for using the more familiar 'du' forms. It really put the German yankees off because I'd picked up the Bavarian slang expressions and even some of the accents back when my German was passable. They thought I was a rube. :D

So Kage is just being polite. :D

• Members
Originally posted by snakum

That's not what I'm saying, I dunno about the other guy you're arguing with, though.

What I'm saying is that you're painting an entire people with the Bush Brush, while at the same time we could paint all Germans with the Hitler Brush, and that is astronomically worse. I didn't vote for Bush and I'll be happy when he's gone, but for a German citizen to throw rocks at an American over Bush's policies is beyond laughable.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, mein bruder.

Actually, that argument seems a bit strange to me. While I absolutely do not agree with primex when he's generalizing on american people, he has as much right as anyone else to criticize Bush policies and there's nothing laughable about criticizing Bush as long as the arguments are sound and logical.

• Members

I think the correct way to address a friend would be "bist du" instead of "sind Sie". The later sounds much too serious, especially coming from you, Kage !! You sound like an old english lady speaking german !!

I dont know anything beyond the formal....I was never very good with the less formal....

Archived