Going bald at 18....WTF?!

WillShrdForFood

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by jamesboyd

it can happen to the best of us (see devin townsend)
:)

Cut it short, if that doesn't work shave it and grow a goatee m/

i think he might actually prefer it bald, as odd as he is. he can achieve the mad scientist look, LOL

• Members
Originally posted by geek_usa

Quit masturbating and all your hair will stop falling out.
:o

haha, isnt that like a myth? wouldnt brad pitt be bald then, that dude probably had sex any day he wanted it from any chick since he was in high school.

• Members

Originally posted by Wizard7

i think he might actually prefer it bald, as odd as he is. he can achieve the mad scientist look, LOL

hahaha exactly. He totally milks it, and it works. bottom line......... rawk with ya cock out regardless of looks m/

• Members

you might not be going bald. it could just be your "mature" hairline, or the hairline you'll have for the rest of your days. very few people have their hair straight across the front forever. it changes shape to some extent.

hair falling out isn't a problem. hair falling out and growing back progressively thinner is. is it only falling out/thinning in the front or in the middle and back as well?

love,
eor

then again, you're mature hairline can be an inch above your asshole. tough {censored}.

• Members
Originally posted by jem7vwh

No. That is not like a myth.
:mad:

LOL, a lot of balding has to do with your diet and nutrition, ever notice how often times people that are very overweight have thin hair or are going bald? its sometimes due to their poor diet and health. im not saying its true for everyone, but some people.

and the masturbating = bald seems rather silly, i still think its a myth

• Members

My hair started thinning out when i was 16. I'm 23 now and i just shave my head. I've thought about Rogaine or that Avacore stuff, but the downside to it all is that you have to keep using it. That kinda sucks. I just shave my head for now, but i'd love to have long hair again.
But ya, shaving is the best thing to do with it on a low budget, lol :p

• Members

Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

My hair isnt very long, maybe an 3/4 to an inch long. I think I'm going to take Deicides advice and try out some Rogaine and hope it works.

I thought I was receeding after I shaved my head to join the army about 5 years ago. I had never really seen my hairline cause I had always had it long and for some reason I thought I was receeding (maybe I have slightly, I'm not sure). I was worried for a while but everyone insists that there is nothing wrong with it at all. When comparing it to baby, early child photos I notice that I have always had a very high, m shaped hair line. It hasn't changed but who knows, it might fall out some day. I wear my hair kind of forward, and it's curly anyway so even if it was receeding, it would have to get pretty bad to notice. Anyway, I know how it feels to be freaking out about the thought of going bald.

If I ever go bald or receed badly, then I will shave my head. Simple. I don't even think it's that bad. There are so many worse things that could happen.

CONSIDER THIS...

Rogain and all those ointments and tablets are expensive and only work while your taking them. You could end up forking out thousands of dollars over years but as soon as you stop taking the tablets you go back to your normal rate of hair loss.

Hair transplants and that look absolutley {censored} imo. To get it to look half decent then you would need bout 10 treatments costing tens of thousands of dollars. + They are always noticable, no matter what advertising campaign you choose to fall for. Seen Kirk Hammett lately? DOlald Trump? these are guys who can affod the best and they look terrible. It also leaves a scar on your head (where they take the hair from).

If you go bad then do what Joe Satriani, Kerry King, Bruce Willis, Andre Agasi etc. all do, shave it (these guys could also afford hair transplants but they probably realise how {censored} they are).

Don't worry about it. (look around, most guys over 20 years old have some hair loss).

• Members

Whatever man, if you want hair get the damned Rogaine. Toupees are out, that's obvious. Combovers are funny, but only if you're pushing close to 50. You're a young guy, you deserve to give yourself whatever options there are. Also, silica vitamins help growth in hair and nails. I'd definitely check out a mild organic shampoo without tricylene or whatever that nasty chemical they use is called (tri-something or another). Also, with hair as short as what you're describing, you really don't need to wash it very often. Once a week would be plenty. Good luck dude.

• Members

Over the past few months, my hair seems to continue to start thinning out. Its not drastic with bald spots and {censored}, but I can tell it really starting to thin out and I can see my scalp in the comb-lines when I comb my hair. My hair was never like this but its starting to scare me now. When I wash my hair, I can look at my hands and see about 10 hairs in the soap in my hands. Is there any vitamins or {censored} I can take to prevent myself from going bald and to thicken my hair out again? I dont want to go bald
:cry:

PROPECIA
Started taking it when I was 37 when I noticed a tiny bit of loss at the crown. I hoped I'd atleast stop losing it but instead it grew back. No sexual effects.

• Members

Originally posted by WhiskeyBucket

Also, with hair as short as what you're describing, you really don't need to wash it very often. Once a week would be plenty. Good luck dude.

I've always had fairly oily skin and my hair gets oily as well. If I dont wash my hair for like a day or two, it looks pretty thin, but when I wash my hair, you cant really tell at all once it dries. After I was my hair it looks fuller and you cant really tell, but if I dont wash it for like 2 days, it looks thinner for some reason.

• Members

I've always had fairly oily skin and my hair gets oily as well. If I dont wash my hair for like a day or two, it looks pretty thin, but when I wash my hair, you cant really tell at all once it dries. After I was my hair it looks fuller and you cant really tell, but if I dont wash it for like 2 days, it looks thinner for some reason.

It looks thin because your hairs are little little pipecleaners, and when the oil gets on your hair from your scalp it makes the bristles lay down.

When you wash it dries out your hair, and the bristles are bristly again!

Conditioner also acts like oil on your hair. People like that slick look it gives them.

I shave my head, but my mother used to cut hair....so i kinda know a bit about the stuff...:o:) :) :)

Archived