Going bald at 18....WTF?!

WillShrdForFood

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the Mark IVs have been cursing you behind your back.

Im in the same boat as you, i actually made basically the same post about a month ago. Im 23, ive had shoulder length hair all my life, no one in my family is bald, my father is 60 and has a full head of hair. Going down the stairs to practice one night my buddy said i was getting a little thin on top. Not believing him i went home and check and sure enough, its not really noticable unless your under a lightbulb and your on top of me, but it does seem a little thin on the top back of my head. I got all freaked out, went out and bought nizoral shampoo, started taking a daily vitamin, and stopped taking numerous scolding hot showers a day. It seems to have gotten a little better over the past month, but im still completely terrified. Not much fun walking down the street and seeing other bald people and picturing yourself. hopefully im over reacting. theres a ton of helpful sites that go into how your diet can help and all that.

• Members
OK, I started seeing hairloss at about 23. Sucked. They have a medicine called propecia (cant spell) that can stop hair loss. It does have a small chance of sexual sideffects. I personally decided to start shaving my head and love it. Chicks seem to like it also.

I use Propecia and it works. At best it makes your hair regrow, at worst it stops the loss (my case). My hair is now thinner than when I was a kid, but at least I'm not losing hair anymore.

Among the side effects, they mention indeed less libido. Well, I don't notice any change in that department as far as I'm concerned. :idk:

Last thing : Propecia can only be obtained on prescription, it's a life-long, every day treatment and it's not cheap. :(

As a consolation to bald or balding people : hair loss is due to an excess of testosterone. => you're more male than the average male, and likely with a higher libido. :cool:

• Members

dude, I was going bald in my 20's. I shave my head KFK/Halford/Scott Ian style now. And I also have a hotter wife than most everyone I know. So to keep it short, hair means very little, it's all about what kinda person you are and your attitude.

• Members

Holy old thread bump Batman!

Anyway, in case someone's interested, stress and unhealthy diet can also cause hair loss and thinning and there's no need to worry too much because it's not such a permanent thing as hair loss due to aging. If you're so young that loosing hair already seems unnatural then simply try eating healthier, stress less and sleep some more. If you drink a lot of alcohol, reduce the amount. It can do wonders.

Then again, some people just get bald younger.

• Members
dude, I was going bald in my 20's. I shave my head KFK/Halford/Scott Ian style now. And I also have a hotter wife than most everyone I know. So to keep it short, hair means very little, it's all about what kinda person you are and your attitude.

She sure feels you have a higher than average testosterone rate... :o:thu:

• Members

If you want to keep your hair- propecia will at least stop it and in some cases grow it back.

Figure on 50-60 bucks a month. If your hair is worth that much, then go see your dermatologist pronto. If not, then you just go with the Mr Clean look and grow a goatee.

• Members

There were several guys at the college I went to who were balding. Patrick Stewart has been bald since he was 18. It happens. It's probably going to happen to me sooner or later; it runs in my family, and I've got a naturally high hairline and a thin spot around my widow's peak... but if I go bald, I'll take it as it comes. There are far, far worse things in life than losing your hair, and I've got enough of them as it is :p

BTW, wasn't there some {censored}storm a while ago with the OP screwing some guy over on a deal?

• Members
Over the past few months, my hair seems to continue to start thinning out. Its not drastic with bald spots and {censored}, but I can tell it really starting to thin out and I can see my scalp in the comb-lines when I comb my hair. My hair was never like this but its starting to scare me now. When I wash my hair, I can look at my hands and see about 10 hairs in the soap in my hands. Is there any vitamins or {censored} I can take to prevent myself from going bald and to thicken my hair out again? I dont want to go bald
:cry:

Same with me man :cry::cry:

I try not to look at it in the mirror too much any more :(

Archived