Going bald at 18....WTF?!

WillShrdForFood

• Members

Over the past few months, my hair seems to continue to start thinning out. Its not drastic with bald spots and {censored}, but I can tell it really starting to thin out and I can see my scalp in the comb-lines when I comb my hair. My hair was never like this but its starting to scare me now. When I wash my hair, I can look at my hands and see about 10 hairs in the soap in my hands. Is there any vitamins or {censored} I can take to prevent myself from going bald and to thicken my hair out again? I dont want to go bald :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

Over the past few months, my hair seems to continue to start thinning out. Its not drastic with bald spots and {censored}, but I can tell it really starting to thin out and I can see my scalp in the comb-lines when I comb my hair. My hair was never like this but its starting to scare me now. When I wash my hair, I can look at my hands and see about 10 hairs in the soap in my hands. Is there any vitamins or {censored} I can take to prevent myself from going bald and to thicken my hair out again? I dont want to go bald
:cry:

bald0wned!

• Members

OK, I started seeing hairloss at about 23. Sucked. They have a medicine called propecia (cant spell) that can stop hair loss. It does have a small chance of sexual sideffects. I personally decided to start shaving my head and love it. Chicks seem to like it also.

• Members

Originally posted by '63-Strat

10 hairs when washing your hair isn't anything to worry about. However, if you are losing your hair, shaving your head/having it cut short is what looks good.

I can also pull them out relatively easy. Just kind of run my fingers through my hair and I'll come out with one or two every time.

• Members

I looked in the mirror today

My eyes just didn't seem so bright

I've lost a few more hairs

I think I'm going bald

I think I'm going bald

Seems like only yesterday

We would sit and talk of dreams all night

Dreams of youth

And simple truths

Now we're so involved

So involved with life

Walk down vanity fair

Memory lane everywhere

Wall Street shuffles there

Dressed in flowing hair

Once we loved the flowers

Now we ask the price of the land

Once we would take water

But now it must be wine

Now we've been

And now we've seen

What price peace of mind

Take a piece of my mind

My life is slipping away

I'm aging every day

But even when I'm grey

I'll still be grey my way

• Members

Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

I looked in the mirror today

My eyes just didn't seem so bright

I've lost a few more hairs

I think I'm going bald

I think I'm going bald

Seems like only yesterday

We would sit and talk of dreams all night

Dreams of youth

And simple truths

Now we're so involved

So involved with life

Walk down vanity fair

Memory lane everywhere

Wall Street shuffles there

Dressed in flowing hair

Once we loved the flowers

Now we ask the price of the land

Once we would take water

But now it must be wine

Now we've been

And now we've seen

What price peace of mind

Take a piece of my mind

My life is slipping away

I'm aging every day

But even when I'm grey

I'll still be grey my way

some rush songs are so lame-ass.

• Members

I can also pull them out relatively easy. Just kind of run my fingers through my hair and I'll come out with one or two every time.

I can do that too, but I have thick hair, and I guess I lose and regrow a lot of it quickly, almost like my dog, who sheds his whole coat in my house every freaking day.

If you're sure that your hair is actually thinning out, though, do something fast.

You could always do like that episode of Seinfeld where the guy had his head shaved for years, then tried to regrow it and found out he was bald. :freak:

• Members

its normal to lose up to 50 hairs a day, if your hair is long?if it is, it might seem like more is coming out than really is.

• Members

Well, worrying about it isn't going to help anything either. Maybe give short hair a shot and see if you like it.

• Members

Originally posted by '63-Strat

Well, worrying about it isn't going to help anything either. Maybe give short hair a shot and see if you like it.

My hair isnt very long, maybe an 3/4 to an inch long. I think I'm going to take Deicides advice and try out some Rogaine and hope it works.

• Members

My hair isnt very long, maybe an 3/4 to an inch long. I think I'm going to take Deicides advice and try out some Rogaine and hope it works.

Ok, well that is a little different if your hair is already short; maybe give rogaine a shot I guess. I think you have to continue using it forever though, something to consider.

• Members

Originally posted by Deicide1

Try rogaine bro. A buddy of mine has been going bald since he was 18, he's 26 now and he's been using rogaine and he swears by it.

Good luck, and it's not the end of the world. You only make it as bad as you think it is.

did it prevent all further hair loss for him? i dont think rogaine is recommended for anyone under 21, but if it worked for him, then cool.:cool:

Archived