Divinity Truth

tech@madison

• Members
Originally posted by Roccaforte Amps

I think every amplifier company gets approached by these asian manufacturers at some point. One in Korea makes amplifiers that they will put your company name on, custom packaging ect... for a mild order.

These solid state amplifiers are from 25-45.00 USD (25-80watt combo's with effects) with your logo on them.

I'm not going to name them, but there are several brand names selling these as their own. I was sent a sample, it was the most poorly designed and constructed PCB amp I've ever seen.

Way underrated parts. Funny thing, a friend in our industry told me a story about the same time I recieved this amplifier.

The short version is, a *name started doing business with this company, and within a matter of a few days of shipping, every amplifier failed. Mine sample lasted two hours!

This company also makes mixing boards, and PA gear.

Whenever I get those big gear catologs, I always laugh at how many of these off brand amplifiers are the exact same amp,

just a different logo, and some DO say made somewhere else!

Its crazy, be careful what you buy.

Named after a WWII bomber? :eek:
Jerry

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regardless of the product wouldn't you agree that his logic is flawed? He is saying if you use his amps for all but one application and you notice a KNOWN problem then the fault is with you not his amp. Does that sound like sound logic to you?

Originally posted by DirrtyCraig

I personally think the Divinity sounds like complete ass... but what the {censored} do you want for that price? Its a medium grade amp at a medium price point with medium grade components and medium grade craftsmanship. Give the guy a break. Hes got balls coming on here and stating his opinion. Of course all the non-giggin players took offense to that comment,, hahaha. thats soooo typical of the HC crowd.
:thu:

• Members

I just read the whole thing. I always chuckled when someone would refer to Madison as an "amp maker". There is no way Madison makes {censored}.

dave.jpg

This guy doesn't even have a chair. You expect me to believe he wires everything standing up? Even sweatshop workers get to sit down! It hurts my back just thinking about it.

Not to mention there's no roll of solder around and he's got a soldering gun, which no tech would use. There isn't a single tube, resistor, cap, knob, roll of tolex, or scope to be seen.

The defenders don't seem to get it that it's not about the tone or if other companies make stuff overseas. It's about truth in advertising. No other company that I'm aware of go to this extent to deceive people into believing that they make something that they in fact do not.

• Members
Originally posted by 6AM

I just read the whole thing. I always chuckled when someone would refer to Madison as an "amp maker". There is no way Madison makes {censored}.

dave.jpg

This guy doesn't even have a chair. You expect me to believe he wires everything standing up? Even sweatshop workers get to sit down! It hurts my back just thinking about it.

Not to mention there's no roll of solder around and he's got a soldering gun, which no tech would use. There isn't a single tube, resistor, cap, knob, roll of tolex, or scope to be seen.

The defenders don't seem to get it that it's not about the tone or if other companies make stuff overseas. It's about truth in advertising. No other company that I'm aware of go to this extent to deceive people into believing that they make something that they in fact do not.

He's not one of the techs :D That guy puts the cabinets together and he's wiring a speaker jack in that pic. Not really a long sit down job. You're seeing one very small spot of a large building.

tone is still > everything else.

• Members
Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

He's not one of the techs
:D
That guy puts the cabinets together and he's wiring a speaker jack in that pic. Not really a long sit down job. You're seeing one very small spot of a large building.

tone is still > everything else.

If they actually made them, wouldn't they make more than one at a time? :confused:

• Members
dave.jpg

I see solder, lower right hand side of bench
I see some speakon cable and some components in a small batch bin in the same area
I also see what looks like spray adhesive at the bench and a vaccume cleaner in the fore ground. Looks to me like this would be a rework bench of sorts...
I also prefer to stand all day when I work in production. It doesn't happen all too often since I'm in management now but when I do I tend to work faster and more accurately if I stand rather than sit.
That being said if something is made overseas and they do final prep or rework here it should be stated as such.
Truth in advertising is a good thing and a stand up company would follow that code of ethics. I don't know the full Madison story so I'm not tring to slag them just stating my opinion.
~Kurt

• Members

A vacuum cleaner, two cans of what could be spray adhesive, a speakon cable and a spool of what may or may not be solder three feet away from someone hunched over working on something doesn't scream "production facility" to me.

They don't make their own amps. It's not that big of a deal really. It just seems really dumb to say that you do when you clearly don't. They didn't design them either. Again, not a big deal. I don't hear people screaming that the 5150 and a Mesa Dual Rectifier are both pretty much Soldano SLO circuits. No one would hold these things against them if they said that from the beginning.

Now it appears that they are trying to fabricate the truth instead of amps. If they had any sense they'd come out and admit it and apologize. Most people who'd want one of their amps would forgive them, and we'd all live happily ever after.

• Members

Originally posted by 6AM

Now it appears that they are trying to fabricate the truth instead of amps.

That's beautiful!

As an aside, there's someone that distributes their amps as well as other import cabs that all look the same. I seriously doubt he is wiring a speaker jack for a production unit. Maybe rewiring, but not wiring.

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

Can this hit 1000 posts?
:D

We can only hope.

Let's do it for the kids!

You know, there was an article in EQ not too long ago about the quality and durability of the wave of Chinese condensor mics flooding the market, and how much control the "manufacturers" had over prduction and quality. I have since read other reports ranging from Nady and AT who have excellent quality assurance programs in place to other unnamed manufaturers who only did QA by spot-checking the mics after manufacture, and found a 75% fail rate.

Like anything else, you get a product commensurate with the effort you put into it.

I have no problem with Madisons being assembled in China, per se (advertising aside), it is that the design is flawed that makes this such an interesting story.

Archived