Divinity Truth

tech@madison

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

Here's what a grand and some basic soldering skills will get you with a company who aren't scum

100%20watt%20amp%20kit%205.jpg

I'm loving the "it's a $1000, why should you expect much" argument.

Wow. Now thats showing me the Money.:eek:

Now Madison should have bins and boxes full of some of that stuff up above and stations to assemble them. Right?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Perhaps the board has made me a little jaded. I see so many people go on about gear and having to get this amp or that amp or change pickups etc. This cracks me up becasue when I hear them play, their purchases simply arent warranted IMO.

Ultimately, more gear or any gear is not going to make someone a better player. A good chunk of people here would do better by themselves if they had one guitar and a POD and spent the rest of their time , money and effort on lessons and becoming a better player. I equate it with people who go out and buy that diet supplement or piece of exercise equipment that they saw hyped on TV to get in shape or lose weight. You simply dont need it

There is no substitute for hard work but as human beings, we all look for a short cut when the obvious answer is right in front of our faces. Knuckle down, practice and learn . Gear is a secondary consideration IMO....

This might be the first post I've ever read on the internet that made any sense at all.

• Members

Originally posted by V-Type

Interesting reading. Many sound like paid adds or PRM and his lot. Judge for yourself.

That newest review is a prime example of fake reviews. Some douche who has been jacking off over these threads clearly wrote that. Nobody who owns it has said anything bad about it. Fess up! Who was it?

I think the rest of them have been there longer than this {censored} has been going on except maybe the last positive one that seems to be well written and honest. The rest of them have been there for quite some time, most longer than Mike has been a part of the company.

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

The next person that brings up anything to do with Van Halen when I'm talking in a thread is going to get cockpunched.

I used the word "{censored}" a bunch. Sorry. But really, people like you who "expect" stuff to go wrong on hundred or thousand dollar items only serve to allow companies to build sub-par stuff. If pots went bad on a $500-1000 guitar I'd be pissed. The pots are all of 50 cents.

It has nothing to do with common sense, it has to do with companies seeing how much they can get away with before people like you bitch. And clearly, it's working.

Of course a $500 wont play as well as a PRS. But it shouldnt have anything WRONG with it, either.

I thought that might get you going... ;)

By the way, I'm in Canada, so a $500 guitar up here is probably $350 or so down your way.

I have to ask this question. How do all us gearheads justify spending $3000+ US on a head that contains maybe $1000 of parts & a few hours labor? Could if be because Engl, Splawn, VHT, Bogner, Mesa, Marshall, etc. are trying to see how much they can get away with before people start to bitch? Just a thought.

Maybe I phrased my comment a little incorrectly. "Expect" probably wasn't the right word. I probably should have said "I'm not surprised" when there are issues with budget gear. Cheaper guitars are a good example in fact. It's pretty common to see crap wiring in cheap guitars...cold solder joins, ground loops, etc. When I see that kind of thing I generally say "aw, crap...", then I get over it & re-wire it.

And on a sidenote, I disagree that pots are pots. I have 3 import Korean guitars that came with cheap Korean pots & junk switches, and every one of them went bad within a couple of months. When I replaced them with better quality pots & switches, no problems since. That being said, I have a 10-year old Korean Ibanez that has never given me any problems. Go figure.

And the "500 or $1000" item thing is purely relative. For example, I fully expect the $3.50 coffee I buy at Starbucks to taste better then the $1.50 coffee I buy at the cafeteria at work. I expect a $20,000 car to be better than a $10,000 car, and I fully expect a $2000 amp to be better quality than a $1000 amp, especially if they have basically the same functions & features. True, $1000 is a relatively big ticket item for most people (myself included), but when you take into account that it's a cheaply made copy of something else, well you have to exercise a bit of consumer savvy there.

And if the thing never blows up in your face and functions adequatly for your needs, as far as I'm concerned there's no issue - regardless of what you paid for it. In the case of Madison, time will tell on that point. I'm sure, like all those old Hyundais & K-cars, there will be people on both sides of the fence.

Anyway, time for bed. I do have to work tomorrow!

Hang loose y'all.

• Members

If you own this amp and your happy with it then cool. Thats great. Let people think what they want to think about it.

If the same thing came out about ENGL I'd be a bit pissed off but in the end I would still love the amp. Sure people would bitch about it (quite deservingly) but if you like the amp, if it works for you then thats all that matters.

But you have to admit it's pretty shabby selling an amp with a knob that does'nt work regardles of any 'reason' for it. Again, it seems like it comes back to Madison trying to save a buck.

• Members

Well fellers, I'm going to go spend some time with the wife and go to bed.

At this point we're doing nothing other than repeating ourselves when we all know that niether side will ever agree with eachother.

At the end of another day I'm still happier with my tone than probably 99% of the rest of you on here and my amp was cheap. Haven't had amp gas for a year now. That's what matters to me and I'm tired of arguing about this.

G'night.

• Members

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Perhaps the board has made me a little jaded. I see so many people go on about gear and having to get this amp or that amp or change pickups etc. This cracks me up becasue when I hear them play, their purchases simply arent warranted IMO.

Ultimately, more gear or any gear is not going to make someone a better player. A good chunk of people here would do better by themselves if they had one guitar and a POD and spent the rest of their time , money and effort on lessons and becoming a better player. I equate it with people who go out and buy that diet supplement or piece of exercise equipment that they saw hyped on TV to get in shape or lose weight. You simply dont need it

There is no substitute for hard work but as human beings, we all look for a short cut when the obvious answer is right in front of our faces. Knuckle down, practice and learn . Gear is a secondary consideration IMO....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ptah

This might be the first post I've ever read on the internet that made any sense at all.

+1. Leave it to Kage to make some sense! Well done.

• Members
Originally posted by Emohawk

I thought that might get you going...
;)

By the way, I'm in Canada, so a $500 guitar up here is probably $350 or so down your way.

I am too.

But you're a Newf, so now I see where you get your dumb side from.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

At the end of another day I'm still happier with my tone than probably 99% of the rest of you on here and my amp was cheap. Haven't had amp gas for a year now. That's what matters to me and I'm tired of arguing about this.

G'night.

And that's what counts...

Good night (again...)

• Members
Originally posted by V-Type

Wow. Now thats showing me the Money.
:eek:

Now Madison should have bins and boxes full of some of that stuff up above and stations to assemble them. Right?

...plus something at those stations to protect the components from that dry,Colorado air. (That darn static electricity!)

If they have a better room than those barn shots, they should have taken pics of it...really!

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Well, you may not be so bad, you got a gamer girlfriend
:thu:

A HOT goth, metal, gamer, bass playing WIFE that is!

Dude, I thought I was a game addict until we moved in together. That game is pretty damn sweet though! Anybody else played it yet?

• Members
Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

A HOT goth, metal, gamer, bass playing WIFE that is!

Dude, I thought I was a game addict until we moved in together. That game is pretty damn sweet though! Anybody else played it yet?

Damn sounds like you hit the Trifecta there bro. Looks,gamer and plays bass. Wow. ;)

• Members
omichron.jpg

Gallery-721085951253-20_popup.jpg

...and that's my dork ass in the Necrophagia shirt. There are much better pics of my sweetie but they're real pics that would require me scanning, uploading, and hosting. Way too lazy tonight.

Damn that was a while ago! My hair's halfway down my back now!

EDIT: Here's my other love:

Trinity1.JPG

• Members
Originally posted by JerryP

They're watching this forum and they see all of this. BTW the picture of Ron holding the $30 soldering iron isn't anywhere near anything to solder. Nice pic though. A shop doing production would probably have some better soldering equipment.

Jerry

Oh ya it is really funny some 'merican hicks excersisn' their god given right to be exploitive capitalists.

http://madisonamps.com/about.htm

In this pic we gots skeeter in tha orifice flappin them 'pooter keys like june bug on skillet!

In this pic we got "kyller" messin 'round with one of them hot metal things.Dont burn yerself again son or u aint be able to plays with yer twiller no more!

Here we got "bulldog" multi tasking: half the time hes makin' meth the other hes workin on licence plates I mean face plates

Most of the time were just waitn' 'round fer them chinaman to send us the {censored} USA! USA! USA!

:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by JamesPeters

You should know better than to assume I'm into this as a "contest" with you.

And I highly suggest you re-read what I posted, possibly after taking a break and having a cup of tea or something, so that you understand where I'm coming from. You are indeed coming off as a "fanboy".

Just saw this one. James, I have no problems with you of all people on this forum but your post made it seem like you were calling me out saying I was defending them without anything to back it up just because I like them. I've defended nothing other than the tone and them being good people.

• Members

So was the 40 chinese amps including heads and combos? My local music store has a Divinity 1x12 combo and the backside of the chassis says Made in China. They also had a solid state amp called the solstice or some such.

Archived