"Famous" Players Equipment You've Owned?

Megadeth Man

• Members

I have Bruce Swink, the former guitarist of downthesun and Stone Sour...

....IN MY BAND.

Really down to earth calm guy too.

...oh and my uncle has Max Roach's Metronome. If I inhereit anything from him, I pray that its that metronome.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a dual-neck Gibson that was owned by Jimmy Page for a bit. Also had a talkbox that Peter Frampton used on a live album called "Frampton Comes Alive". Hmmm...a few more...let's see..a black strat owned by Eric Clapton (I think he called it "Blackie"? :confused: ), an SG owned by Angus Young of the band AC/DC, and a '58 Les Paul owned by Billy Gibbons...I believe he called it Pearly gates or something like that.

Oh...and a banjo played in the movie "Deliverance".

:D

• Members

I have an Ampeg SS-70 combo that I bought from Hadley Hockensmith.He has been Neil Diamond's lead guitarist for the last 25 years.He also was the guitarist with the early '80's jazz fusion group,Koinonia.He said that he used the amp on a Neil Diamond album or two in the early '90's and on a couple of tours.

Ed

• Members

Henrik Ostergaard from the 80's metal band "Dirty Looks" gave me his custom Les Paul about 10 years ago for some work I did for him. Producer Paul O'Neill (Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Aerosmith, Badlands) gave me a Jackson superstrat. I also have Paul Westerberg's capo. Let's see, what else...an old pickup out of Joan Jett's guitar, called the "Velvet Hammer". I think that's it.

• Members

I had the guitarist from Steelheart's Jackson soloist for awhile.

I have pics of Brad Gillis playing the Fernandes pre production Signature guitar I own. Had to replace the floyd on it, but it's a really good playing and sounding strat. Sometimes I bust it out for Night Ranger covers live.

Long live the 80s!

Pete

• Members

I had been a friend of Jeff Baxter's before he went to California to join Steeley Dan. Well, actually, he went to California to try out for the Flying Burrito Brothers and wound up joing Steeley Dan. I inherited his pet skunk, "Louis" when he left.

We traded amps and stuff at times. He once traded me a '65 black face Twin Reverb that had been on loan to John Lennon, Three Dog Night and other bands and had their names stencilled all over this amp. I traded him a new Ampeg VT-22 with Altec Lansing 12's in it that he wanted to use for his pedal steel.

• Members

Originally posted by C-4

I had been a friend of Jeff Baxter's before he went to California to join Steeley Dan. Well, actually, he went to California to try out for the Flying Burrito Brothers and wound up joing Steeley Dan. I inherited his pet skunk, "Louis" when he left.

We traded amps and stuff at times. He once traded me a '65 black face Twin Reverb that had been on loan to John Lennon, Three Dog Night and other bands and had their names stencilled all over this amp. I traded him a new Ampeg VT-22 with Altec Lansing 12's in it that he wanted to use for his pedal steel.

Cool story...btw,was he a total right wing kind of guy back then?

:confused::)

Ed

• Members

Originally posted by C-4

Where's the amp now, don't tell me you got rid of it!?

Archived