"Famous" Players Equipment You've Owned?

Megadeth Man

• Members
Originally posted by sah5150

:D:thu:

I am shocked and awed that anyone knows who Jungle Jim was... and yeah, that chick was hot.

Steve

Yeah,I've been a big drag race fan since I was a kid.The bug hit me in '71,after watching a Wide World of Sports episode at the Indy US Nationals...Steve Carbone over Don "Big Daddy" Garlits in Top Fuel.My favorites were Don "The Snake" Prudhomme,"Kansas" John Wiebe,Gary Beck,Gene Snow and Ronnie Sox.

I still follow the sport on ESPN and at the NHRA site,but those early years still hold some great memories,as well as some great old school racing duels...Sox vs. "Grumpy" Jenkins,etc...

:thu:

Ed

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Megadeth Man

When I first got into teh axe (early 80's) vintage valve stuff was well out of vogue. It was before all those bloody geeky amp collectors drove the market way up.
:)

Consequently there was plenty of good cheap gear knocking about and quite often it was stuff from "dead" rock bands, as that type of music wasn't to big either.

So it was fairly standard for people's equipment to have some sort of rock history. I can remember I had ex-moody blues (
:D
) Orange cabs, ex-Hawkwind Zoot Horn head, ex-Who Hiwatt Custom 200.

:evil:

Jimi Hendrix's white 1962 Les Paul

1962%20lp.jpg

• Members

ummmm lets see...

I have some tubes that came out of one of Jerry Garcias amps.

I have a guitar pick that the guy from Social D gave to Matt Freeman (Rancid) whom then gave it to me...

I used to have a LTD Viper that belonged to Doug Weber of Terror

I think thats it..

• Members

Originally posted by Adeamus

I have Bruce Swink, the former guitarist of downthesun and Stone Sour...

....IN MY BAND.

Really down to earth calm guy too.

...oh and my uncle has Max Roach's Metronome. If I inhereit anything from him, I pray that its that metronome.

ARI ?? is that you ?

• Members

I think my marshall 9040 once belonged to Boltthrower although that is what the guy who sold it to me told me. I bought it really cheap so I don't think he did it so that he was going to make me get it or anything!

• Members
Originally posted by No Soul

you know whats funny, is I bet the vast majority of us have no idea who most of the people mentioned in this thread are...

I dont recognize a 10th of these names...

My dad and my uncle are undoubtedly the 2 biggest living Hawkwind fans, which is especially strange, because my dad looks at me funny if I mention Motorhead.

• Members

Bought a Iris violet Caparison Horus from Peter Wichers (soilwork) in march 2003. Sold it after a while since I kinda stopped playing a couple of years.

Not a good pic of either the guitar or me but here it is
1f25f73c8d5b60bb64b60fe0457de1f3.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by rainthing

I had a dual-neck Gibson that was owned by Jimmy Page for a bit. Also had a talkbox that Peter Frampton used on a live album called "Frampton Comes Alive". Hmmm...a few more...let's see..a black strat owned by Eric Clapton (I think he called it "Blackie"?
:confused:
), an SG owned by Angus Young of the band AC/DC, and a '58 Les Paul owned by Billy Gibbons...I believe he called it Pearly gates or something like that.

Oh...and a banjo played in the movie "Deliverance".

impressive :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by lenduffy

I have one of Kirk Hammett's stage guitars from the 80's. It's a 67 reissue Gibson Flying V he used before the ESP endorsements. He signed it,COA, blah blah blah...now if he would just keel over so I can make some moolah!
:eek::D:idea:

would you sell it ?

Archived