"Famous" Players Equipment You've Owned?

Megadeth Man

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by sah5150

I owned a piece of "Jungle Jim" Lieberman's transmission from when he crashed his funny car into the woods at an NHRA drag race in Long Island.

Steve

Oh man...the memories!I remember him as a successful and tireless match racer that had only modest success on the NHRA,AHRA and IHRA points cicuits.I also remember that hot long haired brunette that used to be part of his "crew".

:thu:

Ed

• Members

in late 70's George Lynch made me a custom strat from Charvel and Mighty Mite parts...painted it himself (with help from friend who worked with Jackson)...although he wasn't famous at that time...I still have the Mighty Mite distortion PUP from that guitar.

• Members

I used to own a 1980 Les Paul Custom that had been used by country singer Jeanie C. Riley's touring guitarist before I had got it (even had the big ol' belt buckle marks on the back - those country boys sure do like 'em big) :D

I sold a patch bay on eBay to Chet McCracken, drummer for the Doobie Brothers. He said he was gonna' use it in his home studio.

I'm friends with Denny Franks (and have played on several of his instruments). I even did a college internship in his recording studio back in the '80's. In the '70's Denny was under contract with RCA out of Nashville and went on to tour with country singer Johnny Russell (who wrote Act Naturally, flip side of HELP by the Beatles). Denny went on to be the touring pianist with Roy Clark and later Wayne Newton. For the last several years he's been headling the Pierce Arrow show in Branson, MO. His former bandmate was my guitar teacher in high school and I've played on several of his guitars that were used on various country, gospel and bluegrass albums when he was a studio musician and/or house guitarist for the Wheeling Jamboree radio show.

• Members

Reference Dann Huff's circa 1991 Instructional Video. In it, he plays through through Peavey 5150 heads covered in tweed tolex and which feature brown accents (logo, top grill) instead of black.

I owned one of those two 5150 heads for a while, but sold it when I needed cash. :(

5150_huff.jpg

dannhuff5150.gif

• Members
Originally posted by EdMan57

Oh man...the memories!I remember him as a successful and tireless match racer that had only modest success on the NHRA,AHRA and IHRA points cicuits.I also remember that hot long haired brunette that used to be part of his "crew".

:thu:

Ed

:D:thu:

I am shocked and awed that anyone knows who Jungle Jim was... and yeah, that chick was hot.

Steve

• Members

I bought my Engl Savage from the guitarist in the Freddie Jones Band. When I was talking with him about it, he said he had been talking with Aerosmith's and the Black Crowe's tech and the Black Crowe's guitarist was selling his Bogner. I was interested in both, but the Bogner never came through. Ended up taking the Savage off his hands.

• Members
Originally posted by xSPARKYx

If what Vince Sansevere says is true, the rackmount Soldano SLO I sold him 4 years ago was built for Dan Spitz of Anthrax.

...if Vince Sansevere said that, it's probably not true. :p

uhm...I almost bought one of Chris Amotts own signature guitar(owned by him)...

Archived