So youre sitting round a camp fire and someone hands you an acoustic guitar...

Johansolo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't play acoustic at campfires. In fact, I find it very uncomfortable to play in any situation that wasn't set up as a performance. I guess I have such an aversion to "showing off" (my own interpretation of my own motives, not a judgment), or coming off pretentious that I won't play unless I am performing, rehearsing, recording, or by myself. I guess i just don't want to "inflict" myself and my ego on anyone.

Which is odd because I have friends that I love to hear in those situations. For others it's OK, in fact, I like it. But for some reason I just won't do it.

• Members

I'd probably throw the hippie-{censored} AND his acuostic guitar in the fire. Then, I'd have some A2M with all the hotties around the fire, then throw some more people in the fire, then break out the marshmallows and cook 'em up, smear them on the hot naked chicks and grab some chocolate and make me some s'mores.

• Members

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X

I'd probably throw the hippie-{censored} AND his acuostic guitar in the fire. Then, I'd have some A2M with all the hotties around the fire, then throw some more people in the fire, then break out the marshmallows and cook 'em up, smear them on the hot naked chicks and grab some chocolate and make me some s'mores.

You beat me to it. :mad:

+1^

• Members

When The Children Cry and More Than Words usually go over pretty well but I can't even attempt to sing along with my playing.

If it's a slightly older crowd, the acoustic version of Hey Hey, My My is pretty good and I can sing it and play it at the same time.

• Members

Originally posted by DeathMonkey

I don't play acoustic at campfires. In fact, I find it very uncomfortable to play in any situation that wasn't set up as a performance. I guess I have such an aversion to "showing off" (my own interpretation of my own motives, not a judgment), or coming off pretentious that I won't play unless I am performing, rehearsing, recording, or by myself. I guess i just don't want to "inflict" myself and my ego on anyone.

Which is odd because I have friends that I love to hear in those situations. For others it's OK, in fact, I like it. But for some reason I just won't do it.

You really hit the nail on the head here.

I was never able to really express why I felt so uncomfortable when people would just tell me to "play something".

Best explanation I've heard yet.

Archived