KORG KRONOS

mildbill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt Korg would use the name of the Ancient Greek Titan for some insignificant gadgetry like the KAOS pad.

I'm betting on a higher-end product, maybe a workstation-type vritual modelling synth with multiple synth engines and sampling capabilities, a notch higher than the previous RADIAS and on par with V-Synth.

Or maybe an OASYS updated with 2 more synth models, featuring a modern Core i7 processor, a SSD drive, lots of RAM, and an iPad remote control application...

• Members

It has to be a new upper-class workstation.

OASYS: discontinued

M3/xpanded: feels already outdated and has never been the big thing it should have been

M50: upper-class?

Another guess: KORG's website background pattern looks like the carbon interieur of my BMW. So maybe it's a hippy trippy synth toy that keeps you entertained while standing line at your local McDrive.

:lol:

• Members

Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second largest:

In Roman mythology, Saturn is the god of agriculture. The associated Greek god, Cronus (Saturn), was the son of Uranus and Gaia and the father of Zeus (Jupiter). Saturn is the root of the English word "Saturday"

NAMM opens 13th Jan. 9 days later will be Saturday :facepalm:

If they stretch this out to the 22 to give us a new guitar tuner their will be pain in their rings I tell ya ;)

Still think its a wavystation synth thingamy :thu:

• Members

In the spanish facebook of korg someone ask about the Kronos:

-Any clue?

Clue=pista=track

Korg.es answers:

-Tracks? Yes.

So it has a sequencer...

And what if they have done a DAW?

Could equally apply to tracks of mod sequence on a VA (IE radius missing replacement)

I would love them to bring out a new DAW/Workstation. Some users have moaned about the OASYS and the tweak to the M3 looked good after years of the same system, so maybe they are finally catching up with Rolandes and mixing midi with sound better or a modern alternative which rethinks the way that is managed in a synth

• Members

just going from the comment about the tracks. :idk: Isn't that what the di is? rompler with onboard sequencer? a triton le ish sort of thing?

my guess though it's either a workstation or synth, captain obvious is obvious.

I think the radias personally was a bit of a flop, so im leaning towards thinking it's some sort of competitor to the GAIA to put korg back into the VA business. So it could very easily be a VA with drums and sequencer as well, which is what i wished the radias had.

Archived