KORG KRONOS

mildbill

• Members

I can buy the Kronos being an iPad app. When you get inspiration, you need to be able to record/play ASAP to capture that inspiration. An ultra portable music producing machine that is with you wherever you go will do well if it's that awesome. And if it's that awesome, people will buy the iPad just for the app.

I'm sticking by my "it's not a synth or a workstation" prediction.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

An I-Pad Electribe-style app would be pretty cool.

But I would not be amazed.

It'd have to be more than just a mere iElectribe for anyone to be amazed. It better do that and the KAOSSILATOR PRO and KP3 and etc. etc.

• Members

Get close to your screen and look at this image from above, at an angle [looking downward]. You'll notice a dark silhouette behind the word KRONOS. That could be it.

But I hope not, because unless it's a synth [preferably a workstation, and with with full size keys], I know I'm not going to be amazed:cry:

82311_l.jpg

• Members

. You'll notice a dark silhouette behind the word KRONOS. That could be it.

Don't count on it. Photoshop shows JPEG compression artifacts and a very subtle glow effect on the text. There's nothing there that could be construed as an equipment silhouette.

Edit: Here's the image with the contrast curves adjusted to absurdity. As I said, nothing there.

82311_l.png

• Members

Look guys, your all using basic PC's and MAC's, AMIRIGHT..hmm, well I work in the biz and have access to better gear, the example center portion with the right adjustments... look just don't go posting this every where it will piss Korg off... here is the Kronos:

27348_yeti.jpg

:wave:

• Members

lol B. You're nuts:)
------------------------
Here's what I meant by inconsistency in that pic. This is not the same font and effect, but it's similar.
Unless they edited the 3D effect afterwards on purpose.

78289379.jpg

Anywayyyyyy!

Teaser for you Bernard.... hehehehehehe:D [i saw a reply somewhere where you said "Prepare to be amused" and it killed/inspired me, LOL.

korgkronos.jpg

• Members
I'm still holding out for a groove synth drum machine with MMT, Karma, knobs, tubes, polyphonic VA with added analog (Monotron) monosynth, and brushed metal.

Oh the things I would do for a pure analogue VCO poly synth with the Monotron filter... Sadly, there's no chance in hell that will ever happen. But seeing as they reinstated production of the MS-10/20 filter for the Monotron, a VA with that filter would be the next best thing and an absolute KILLER. With added PCM waveforms it would be sort of like a modern day SQ-80. I would buy that in an instant.

Seriously though, the Monotron has THE best filter of all current analogues out there and it would be such a total waste by Krog to only implement it in a toy so I really, really hope that they sometime in the near future will get their act together and use it in a proper synth. Korg microANALOG, anyone? :lol: But yeah, just...Pleeeease Korg, pleeease, enough with the workstations, romplers and crappy sounding VAs, put your wonderful filter to use!

• Members

Hmm... KRONOS... what could it be??

Maybe it's the M3 successor... maybe they did like they did going from M1 to 01/W by turning M10 upside down: M3 -> 0E/W ;) Or, to play on the 9 thing... M3 -> M9 -> (upside down...) 6W :)

Maybe it's a 9-step sequencer add-on for the Monotron...

Maybe a MIDI kazoo...

Maybe a new keytar...

Archived