KORG KRONOS

mildbill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a trick to discovering the truth. You must save the video as a binary file, shift right by three bits, save as PDF and open. Here's what is says in a nutshell:

It's a new synth using Korg's yet-undisclosed Temporal Shift Synthesis. This patented technology uses the newly developed quantum resonant flux capacitor to create a distortion field in space-time, allowing the synth to reach into the past and channel sounds from actual analog synths existing and in use during that time and process them using modern digital methods.

Korg plans to license this technology to other areas of the entertainment industry after a period of time, allowing for now-lost audio and film recordings to be given new life.

• Members

Make sure you're sitting on a towel.

LOL

i don't think i'll be another rompler, since they have just launched microstation/ps60. but i'm hoping it's an M3 replacement with built-in wavestation/monopoly/etc...

"Prepare to be amazed" sounds very bold indeed

• Members

LOL

i don't think i'll be another rompler, since they have just launched microstation/ps60. but i'm hoping it's an M3 replacement with built-in wavestation/monopoly/etc...

"Prepare to be amazed" sounds very bold indeed

Perhaps something to replace the M3, but certainly not another workstation in addition to the M3. The market for workstations is so weak as it is (and honestly, has been for the last 20 years.)

• Members

Perhaps something to replace the M3, but certainly not another workstation in addition to the M3. The market for workstations is so weak as it is (and honestly, has been for the last 20 years.)

It is weak. From what I can tell, it has a lot to do with the fact that product cycles tend to run 3 to 5 years, while many people keep and use their workstations for about twice that long.

Innovation also seems to have leveled off a bit over the past 9 years or so, which gives less incentive to upgrade, and resale value of used workstations is also pretty flat. In many cases you can buy a workstation used that's still in production for up to 30-40% below the lowest retail.

• Members

Well, clearly I need to prepare to be amazed by some feature of the KRONOS that has a property of nine. I'ma guess (#5) that it's an evolution of the kaos pad and can deal with 9 live audio tracks w/ built in beat slicing.

Because beat slicing has everything to do with the number nine, I think. I dunno lol.

• Members

so these geezers today, avin a chat as you do, said, KARMA, Arranger, and stuff. grouping all this twiddle together some think it could be a convergence of arranger and workstation... the OASYS was nearly there in some ways and to be able to focus on one box of tricks could save dosh... the other bit of twiddle twaddle was all this stuff from the future, I would see that more like if they did bring out a super workstation it would have the multi touch screen tech for edits and stuff....

Still like the simple new wavestation audio mangler idea, simple is always more likely...

:wave:

Archived